Author Topic: Too far in to want to turn back  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Too far in to want to turn back
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
Your hitting what is commonly known as the two week weakness- it'll pass.

Suck it up. This is the price you have to pay to earn your freedom
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Skoal, did you want the support of thousands of brothers, or were you just having a bad day, posted and ran? Love to have you join , 2 weeks by yourself is bad ass, but having the support makes it that much easier.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: skoalyosis
After eight years working myself up to an easy can and a half a day I quit just over two weeks ago. Ive experienced the sleepless nights, the irritability, the depression and worst of all, horrendous fog. Today I'm feeling the urge to just go ahead and throw in a pinch--just undo everything I've resisted to this point. Too many triggers today made me feel like I just quit ten min ago. Just looking for the strength...
Man I want you to know, it gets sooooooooo much easier and soooooooo much better. Everyday I think about the folks in my group that caved and never had the opportunity to taste the freedom I enjoy today. I wish they had continued to post those day ones. Hang in there. This is the good fight. You can do it. PM me if you need another contact.

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
You've gotten through the hardest part! Don't give up now. Quit one day at a time and let tomorrow worry about tomorrow. Nice job and I'll quit with you today!

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »
You've got a major leg up right now, you're over the physical hump and joining us now will give you the motivation to keep powering through. Come post roll, we can always use another strong quitter to whip this thing
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story bro. Reach out to us  PM me if you need to talk. Welcome to the family.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
Quote from: skoalyosis
After eight years working myself up to an easy can and a half a day I quit just over two weeks ago. Ive experienced the sleepless nights, the irritability, the depression and worst of all, horrendous fog. Today I'm feeling the urge to just go ahead and throw in a pinch--just undo everything I've resisted to this point. Too many triggers today made me feel like I just quit ten min ago. Just looking for the strength...
Used to call my affliction that very same name... Don't let it be your disease ever again!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Very creative name!

9 days of suck that you won't ever have to relive. Unless you start over. Then you can relive them again and again and again. Talk about suck.

Have you posted roll? This plan is really simple. You put your name on a list as soon as your eyelids open up, and that post is your promise to yourself and everyone on this site that you will not use nicotine today. If you are a man of your word, you will keep your word for a day. I mean, you are a bad ass... Right? You can do anything for a day. We don't regret yesterday or think about tomorrow. We quit for today.

This plan works when nothing else does. Once you get to know some brothers on this site, you will find the thought of letting them down almost incomprehensible. You can do this. And you don't want that shit in your mouth. Slam your balls in a desk drawer a few times and the crave will pass.

You've got this bud... One day at a time.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Well, that would be a monumentally bad idea. You've been quit for two weeks. You've got this for the rest of the day at least.

Even though it's late, go post roll. That's your absolute promise to us that you are quit today - all day - and it is our promise to you that we are quit right along with you.

Hang tight and PM me if you need digits.

Offline skoalyosis

• Quit Date: 2014-07-20
Too far in to want to turn back
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »