Author Topic: Time is Now  (Read 1747 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time is Now
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Quit on Josh! Need to get you and toogoodootgr connected....word is he's a huge Clemson fan as well. By now you're pretty much through the physical withdrawals, but hold on tight, because the mental mind-screwing is just cranking up. It's gonna take some time to get your brain rewired to adjust to not having a nicotine drip feeding it on an hourly basis. but it is SO WORTH the end result....take the opportunity you have while going through the SUCK to learn to HATE that friggin' weed that never did a damn thing for you. The more you hate it, the less likely you'll ever return to it.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Yes, you need to post roll and use the quit groups to quit, I am glad you said that. Jump in with both feet, because it's your life you are saving.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline sooverit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »
Quote from: clemsonjosh
I am 28 years old with a beautiful wife and 16 month old boy. I have a great job and family. Copenhagen has me by the balls, and I can't imagine letting it shorten my time with those I love most. This is why I made a promise to myself and God that yesterday, on Father's Day, was my first day without Cope and I'm never going back.
I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful little boys, but I kept letting myself go back to nic. The guilt I felt this last year from using became unbearable. I am SO blessed to have my family, I surely haven't worked to deserve them, continuing to gamble with cancer, risking losing it all... I was/am so angry at myself. This time is our permanent quit. Let's all stay quit together. Welcome to the group. :)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »
Welcome Josh! The community here has been absolutely critical to my quit. Almost all of us have failed in the past w/out KTC. This will work if you throw yourself into it, post your promise every day and get involved with your group.

You're in September and will post Roll every morning in this group topic/11649440/140/#new.

Don't worry about screwing it up, you'll figure it out after a bit.

Get involved, exchange numbers and make this site a part of your day. Lots of folks come here all jacked up early on and then fizzle out. This is part of your new daily routine - just like throwing in a lipper as soon as you got in your truck.

It's miserable early on, but gets better fast - freedom feels incredible and it's right there! You got this man!

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: clemsonjosh
Hello to all. I have been a huge fan of the site and sought advice on it many times during my multiple quits that were unsuccessful. The only part of this site I did not utilize was the community and quit groups, which I'm sure is what caused me to fail in my efforts. I appreciate the forum to share our journey together. I am 28 years old with a beautiful wife and 16 month old boy. I have a great job and family. Copenhagen has me by the balls, and I can't imagine letting it shorten my time with those I love most. This is why I made a promise to myself and God that yesterday, on Father's Day, was my first day without Cope and I'm never going back. 12 years at a can/day. Will appreciate the thoughts and prayers. All the best!
smart decision. best gift you could give yourself on Father's day really. I am 100 days quit today. I decided to get quit before trying to conceive with my wife. Actually the wife wouldn't let me poison her body with my disgusting addiction. but proud to be quit for the longest time ever after can a day for 17 years.

first part is rough as you know - but this site will help. feel free to pm me and trade digits. join your quit group for the correct month and utilize this site at any time you need it.

Offline clemsonjosh

• Quit Date: 2016-06-19
Time is Now
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Hello to all. I have been a huge fan of the site and sought advice on it many times during my multiple quits that were unsuccessful. The only part of this site I did not utilize was the community and quit groups, which I'm sure is what caused me to fail in my efforts. I appreciate the forum to share our journey together. I am 28 years old with a beautiful wife and 16 month old boy. I have a great job and family. Copenhagen has me by the balls, and I can't imagine letting it shorten my time with those I love most. This is why I made a promise to myself and God that yesterday, on Father's Day, was my first day without Cope and I'm never going back. 12 years at a can/day. Will appreciate the thoughts and prayers. All the best!