Author Topic: the longest 1st day  (Read 2726 times)

Offline jeffbradley

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, smoking meat, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: the longest 1st day
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
You will quickly learn that the accountability of posting roll will help you tremendously. (That and Crockett busting your balls if you are late to post Roll)
I used to spend a lot of time with a dip in looking at stupid shit on the internet, now I spend my time with a cheek full of seeds trying to figure out when the crave is going to go away. It will....
My best advise when you get a craving just scream FUCK YOU _______(enter your dip of choice) then I go read the Jenny and Tom Kerns Story (I have a 13 month old son, and a 4 yr old daughter) and BAM the urge to cave is gone!!

Tony Robbins says that the only way to truly affect meaningful change on ones life if to associate extreme pain with not changing, so for me the extreme pain od not changing is not being around to see my kids grow up, and get old with my wife.... The Kern's story brings that back to me real quickly-

JeffBradley Day 7

So I throw out my can yesterday at 1430. I have been chewing on gum till my jaws hurt. It is amazing at how bad I have wanted to go to the store and pick up a can. I hope that I have the will power and the support to make this great change in my life.

I have been chewing for more then 15 years. I know that is not as long as others, but it is a long time for me. I served in the Navy for 10 of those 15 years. Along with chewing, I drank a lot. Now I have come to a point in my life where I am no longer going to lay still and hope things will get better.

I have been going to the gym for 5 weeks 5 days a week now. I have cut back to one beer a night, and most important I have quit chewing.
PLAIN AND SIMPLE THIS TIME.
I AM QUITTING FOR MY LIFE

Offline Swede

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
Quote from: ADMann
So I throw out my can yesterday at 1430. I have been chewing on gum till my jaws hurt. It is amazing at how bad I have wanted to go to the store and pick up a can. I hope that I have the will power and the support to make this great change in my life.

I have been chewing for more then 15 years. I know that is not as long as others, but it is a long time for me. I served in the Navy for 10 of those 15 years. Along with chewing, I drank a lot. Now I have come to a point in my life where I am no longer going to lay still and hope things will get better.

I have been going to the gym for 5 weeks 5 days a week now. I have cut back to one beer a night, and most important I have quit chewing.
ADMann,
Welcome! You have made the best decision of your life! This has to be the best quit group you could ever get involved with! Read as much as you can on this site, post roll every day, get phone numbers of other quitters, get on live chat, and repeat! Use the tools this site offers you!

Swede!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Swedish Chef Bork, Bork, Bork

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
I'm hijacking Cbird's post because it's awesome and full of goo stuff.
Quote from: CBird65
Good decision on kicking your nicotine habit to the curb.  This site can help.  There are no short cuts, but here are some links that will help you navigate this site.  Rule number one, this is a no nicotine site, period, end of story.

Biggest thing to do is get acquainted with this site. Highly recommend you go here: WELCOME CENTER

What to Expect When You Quit Dipping

Spousal Support

This a a NO NICOTINE SITE, period, no discussion.

We "Post Roll Call" daily ( our promise to ourselves and to our brothers not to use nicotine today)- We DO THIS DAILY
Make posting roll the first step of your daily proactive quit.

Where to post roll call: PRE NOV HOF 2012

How to post roll

Read, read, read: Read for knowledge, to fight a crave, combat a cave or sheer entertainment
Intros
Hall of Fame Speeches
Words of Wisdom

Need to CHAT
Welcome to the best decision of your life. Make it stick and never turn back to the can.

Quit Like Fuck

p.s. Strike the word "hope" from your Quitabulary. Insert "I do have the will power and I will embrace the accountability that KTC provides"
Make Your Decision

Offline ADMann

• Quitter
  • Interests: Brewing Beer, BBQ (low and slow), Working on my motorcycles
the longest 1st day
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"

First Quit date 08062012
Craved on 10092012
Answered the three questions on 10112012
Second Quit Date 10/10/2012
HOF Date 01/17/2013