Author Topic: Strongx3  (Read 2821 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Strongx3
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Screw Monday.

Nice job. You've got this... One day at a time.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
I was scared the first time I mowed my lawn, golfed, had a free weekend by myself, etc. If you buy in to the KTC 100%, you learn how to face these triggers, and develop a brotherhood that kicks the nic bitch to the curb everytime.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Mondays blow. They just do.

So... Monday morning you are gonna get up, post your promise, and drive to work. And you are gonna keep your word.

This is really a simple formula. Men of integrity have a 100% chance of success at winning one day at a time. And that is what you are gonna do. Know how I can be so certain?

I was a ninja for 25 years. I purposely only took jobs 45+ minutes away from home. I wonder why...? I only bought cars with dark interiors for 25 years... I wonder why? We (many of us on this site) are more like you than we would ever have guessed not that many days ago. But I can tell you this bud... you will not even believe how much you are gonna love freedom from a carcinogenic plant that is as addictive as heroin. You really won't believe it. I can't tell you when you will reach this freedom, but I can tell you that you will. And once you do, you are gonna be livid that you wasted so many Monday mornings submitting to the plant that stole your character, stole your money, stole your health, stole your honesty, and only gave you one thing... an occasional dribble of brown spit on your nice Monday morning shirt. Utter bullshit dude.

You've got this. You are a man of your word. Monday is gonna blow. It always does. But you'll keep your word.

My number is in your inbox. Use it.

--w2w

Offline MVK

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-16
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
Welcome strong- you've come to the right place. Listen to spuds and prepare yourself for that Monday morning commute. My first coffe didn't used to be until I got to work and took my dip out. Now I'm drinking it on the way. Whatever works. As I say that also make sure you don't spend the weekend dreading that Monday morning commute or any other tough times you may foresee ahead. One of the best pieces of early advise I got was to stop dipping for the day. 1 day at a time. You can do that.

Welcome and pm me if you need to talk.

Mark

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Strongx3,
Glad you are on board, this site will save your life!
Read everything you can on this site, there is a wealth of quit knowledge and support.
Cars and at work were big chewing times for me. Buy gum, seeds candy, toothpicks and fake chew by the truckloads.
Always have something in each car and at work.
Proud to quit with you, Charles
I was scared shitless to quit. Dont be. Follow the recipe here and you will be free. Stick out the beginning. Its rough but it is SOOO worth it. it just gets better and better. Just hang in there ODAAT and whatever else you do....Post and Keep your promise everyday. Own your quit. This formula works. ( i know its what AJ wrote but you cant hear the truth hammered home enough)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
Strongx3,
Glad you are on board, this site will save your life!
Read everything you can on this site, there is a wealth of quit knowledge and support.
Cars and at work were big chewing times for me. Buy gum, seeds candy, toothpicks and fake chew by the truckloads.
Always have something in each car and at work.
Proud to quit with you, Charles

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Tige12
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Strongx3
Have stopped plenty of times. Today, for the first time, I'm quitting. I'm scared that I won't be able to function as usual, but more scared that my awesome wife won't have her best friend to grow old with and that my daughter won't have someone to walk her down the aisle, and that my son won't have someone to teach him how to switch-hit.

I've been a ninja for 20 years. Crazy when I write that down. It's really a few months more than 20 years. What a jackass I am.

The thing that I'm most scared of, I think, it driving to work on Monday morning. Since I'm ninja, I only sneak away to have a dip or two per day on the weekends, so my commute Monday morning I look foward to being able to pack my lip, take a deep breath, and start living in the "real world" all over again.

I'm rambling but that's because I'm writing to myself as much as anything about wanting to quit/needing to quit; now I've got to translate that into one day at a time QUIT. No, now I've got a new thought on what I'm scaredest of: I've stopped before, but what am I going to do to make sure I don't re-start again a few weeks down the road? I don't know--I've got to find it.
Man... This intro could be any one of a thousand people on KTC. Welcome in. You've come to the right place. Let me tell you what you're going to do to keep from going back to being a user... Own this. You've made the decision now... Own it. Own that its going to suck for awhile... Own that you're gonna have to rewire your brain... Own that you're an addict and this quit is for LIFE. Forever, though, is a big scary concept. That's why we quit for today only. Today is manageable. I can do anything for a day... So can you. Freedom comes at a price... Getting involved and staying involved. Find your quit group and post roll... Every day. That's your new biggest priority.

You can do this.
Welcome aboard Strong! I can relate to your story, I too was a ninja for 20 years. I understand the "Monday morning" and "work week" routine and the staying up way too freaking late just to dip. I know the change seems really scary, but it gets better quickly! Take your life back.....you can do this!!!
Yeah bro, i was a crazy ninja myself. You can quit bro. One day at a time. Glad you found your group and roll. Get some digits and reinforce your quit with your february brothers.

Quit on.

Offline Tige12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, golf, wake surfing, fishing
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Have stopped plenty of times. Today, for the first time, I'm quitting. I'm scared that I won't be able to function as usual, but more scared that my awesome wife won't have her best friend to grow old with and that my daughter won't have someone to walk her down the aisle, and that my son won't have someone to teach him how to switch-hit.

I've been a ninja for 20 years. Crazy when I write that down. It's really a few months more than 20 years. What a jackass I am.

The thing that I'm most scared of, I think, it driving to work on Monday morning. Since I'm ninja, I only sneak away to have a dip or two per day on the weekends, so my commute Monday morning I look foward to being able to pack my lip, take a deep breath, and start living in the "real world" all over again.

I'm rambling but that's because I'm writing to myself as much as anything about wanting to quit/needing to quit; now I've got to translate that into one day at a time QUIT. No, now I've got a new thought on what I'm scaredest of: I've stopped before, but what am I going to do to make sure I don't re-start again a few weeks down the road? I don't know--I've got to find it.
Man... This intro could be any one of a thousand people on KTC. Welcome in. You've come to the right place. Let me tell you what you're going to do to keep from going back to being a user... Own this. You've made the decision now... Own it. Own that its going to suck for awhile... Own that you're gonna have to rewire your brain... Own that you're an addict and this quit is for LIFE. Forever, though, is a big scary concept. That's why we quit for today only. Today is manageable. I can do anything for a day... So can you. Freedom comes at a price... Getting involved and staying involved. Find your quit group and post roll... Every day. That's your new biggest priority.

You can do this.
Welcome aboard Strong! I can relate to your story, I too was a ninja for 20 years. I understand the "Monday morning" and "work week" routine and the staying up way too freaking late just to dip. I know the change seems really scary, but it gets better quickly! Take your life back.....you can do this!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »

You can do this.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline strongx3

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Strongx3
« on: November 05, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »