Author Topic: March 6, 2016:The day I take my life back  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: March 6, 2016:The day I take my life back
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Well brother I'm glad you decided to do this, but you have only made this one post since you decided to become a member, I hope you haven't caved and failed already and went back over to the dark side with the Nic Bitch.
You will need to post with the July group, get over there, start posting, commit, quit for today only and repeat tomorrow.
You can do this.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline massey1037

• Likes Given: 0
March 6, 2016:The day I take my life back
« on: March 06, 2016, 04:56:00 AM »
Since I had first discovered this website 6 months ago, I have used it often to gain strength in my weak and feeble attempts to kick the can. I've never been proud of my addiction... and because my biological parents met in rehab and had delt with some serious substance abuse issues of their own, I've always felt like the cards were stacked against me. I have a very addictive personality and get stressed very easily, as I work in mental health with homeless veterans who have disabilities and substance abuse issues of their own. Whenever I get to the point where I'm doing well and have quit for multiple days, I always find a reason to cave. Two weeks ago it was because I had two clients who attempted to commit suicide a few days apart, and last week it was because my great grandfather had to be rushed to the emergency room. In all honesty my life can be very stressful, but I have grown tired of submitting to the "victim mentality" that I so often see in my clients. So here is what I've decided to change this go around to assure my quit is everlasting, with dreams of starting a new life tobacco free: 1.No more losanges, patches, or nicotine gum--cold turkey or no turkey. 2. Become a participant using kick the can rather than a spectator--because I cannot do this journey on my own. 3. Count the seconds, minutes, and hours of the beginning quit days as small victories--my life has been a revolving door of triggers. 4. Save the 5 dollars I would spend each day on a can towards something positive that Ive always wanted. 5. To be open and mindful with friends about where I'm at in the process--peer pressure has been a worthy adversary. 6. Strive towards achieving the body and self confidence that tobacco has taken from me--although I've always been in relatively good shape, dipping has placed a stigma on my own self image. 7. This time I quit for MYSELF instead of the needs of others--this is my life and I need to take ownership in fixing my mistakes. Although I've always taken good care of my teeth on first appearance, it's my receding gum line and sensitive teeth hiding below the surface that speaks most genuine to my addiction to dip... and I refuse to let this silent killer hold me captive one more day! Thanks again everyone I appreciate everything you say on here. If you have anymore suggestions to help my cause I'd love to hear them -J