Author Topic: K9 Seducer - Introduction  (Read 3943 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: K9 Seducer - Introduction
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
"Tongue is raw from eating sunflower seed, salty snacks, peppermints and gum.
Every morning I check my pants pockets for phone, wallet, pager, snuff can.
Have a panic that I can't find my can for a split second, and move on with my day."

My mouth was messed up for a while when I quit. It lasted a while. It will get better in time. The ph in your mouth is messed up and the salt is not helping things. Find some other things that are without salt. It will help. I used toothpicks a lot and still do.

"100 DAYS - that's a long way off!"

Don't worry about this ^^^^ my friend. Your right, 100 days is far off that's why we quit one day at a time. It's a lot easier to get through a day when your not worrying about the future.

"As I have been saying, this quitting is hard.
So hard in fact, I don't want to do it."

Lastly, I wanted to hit on this last statement. I have to disagree with it. You have been quit for 2 weeks and you don't want to do it?!?! I believe you want this more than you know. If you haven't, start reading all the information you can on addiction/nocotine. Start building your quit knowledge. Learn your enemy it knows you. Knowledge is power.

You want this my friend,, or you wouldn't of made it two weeks. What I'm getting at brother. Get sure about yourself. There is no more I don't want to do it. I want this more than anything and today I'm posting roll and not using. BOTTOM LINE!!!!! Start building that hate for the poison that it deserves. It doesn't deserve your respect or desire. It deserves your hatred. Damn glad to be quit with you. Need another number let me know. You got this.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: K9
OK at the two week mark of no nicotine, nearly 3 weeks with out skoal.
Here is the rant for my history of how shitty this is going.

Proud member of the April 2014 - Resolute Bastards.

Posted roll everyday, got bumped off on Day 5, didn't know how to get it back.
Makes me more careful posting roll in future.
100 DAYS - that's a long way off!

Tongue is raw from eating sunflower seed, salty snacks, peppermints and gum.
Have a panic that I can't find my can for a split second, and move on with my day.

Things don't taste good right now either. probably left over residue candies and such messing with taste buds.

Cravings are still there. Fog is still there. Can catch myself staring into space for a few moments like a retard.

My wife mentioned that I am "harder" on her and the kids, as well as shorter tempered.

I don't have much patience and get irritated easy.

Still getting a mild headache behind the eyes.

As I have been saying, this quitting is hard.
So hard in fact, I don't want to do it.
I certainly am not going to do it twice.
I will buckle down, and do it once.
I have a few ex chewers not on this site for support, that are located nearby.
Scared shitless to have a drink, thinking that will be a bad trigger. Avoiding it for now.

I am a husband, father of two, Mechanical engineering technologist, and a volunteer fireman, I have intellect and support to beat my addiction.
I really never wanted to quit before, I had no idea how addicted I was until I started quitting. I will always be an addict, but do not have to be a practising addict.

That's all for now.
Very glad to see you hanging in there, logging all of this stuff to remind you how bad the addiction really is, and STILL DETERMINED TO MAKE IT THROUGH!

100 days is too long to think about. Only think about that as a marker, by which you should have honed your skills with the tools here. But your quit is for today only, and then you'll take tomorrow when it comes. You'll have good and bad days before and after 100, but you will be changed for the better, just as you have changed already. You body will take a while to heal from years of the poison being in you, and you are giving it a chance to do that!

Proud to quit with you!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline K9 Seducer

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
OK at the two week mark of no nicotine, nearly 3 weeks with out skoal.
Here is the rant for my history of how shitty this is going.

Proud member of the April 2014 - Resolute Bastards.

Posted roll everyday, got bumped off on Day 5, didn't know how to get it back.
Makes me more careful posting roll in future.
100 DAYS - that's a long way off!

Tongue is raw from eating sunflower seed, salty snacks, peppermints and gum.
Have a panic that I can't find my can for a split second, and move on with my day.

Things don't taste good right now either. probably left over residue candies and such messing with taste buds.

Cravings are still there. Fog is still there. Can catch myself staring into space for a few moments like a retard.

My wife mentioned that I am "harder" on her and the kids, as well as shorter tempered.

I don't have much patience and get irritated easy.

Still getting a mild headache behind the eyes.

As I have been saying, this quitting is hard.
So hard in fact, I don't want to do it.
I certainly am not going to do it twice.
I will buckle down, and do it once.
I have a few ex chewers not on this site for support, that are located nearby.
Scared shitless to have a drink, thinking that will be a bad trigger. Avoiding it for now.

I am a husband, father of two, Mechanical engineering technologist, and a volunteer fireman, I have intellect and support to beat my addiction.
I really never wanted to quit before, I had no idea how addicted I was until I started quitting. I will always be an addict, but do not have to be a practising addict.

That's all for now.
Just try'n to get through the territory!
Quit Dates - Skoal Jan 3rd, Nicotine Jan 10th, 2014

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
The way I see it you are on your way!! You've gotta fight hard, fight dirty, get mad, and do everything but use nicotine!! Fight for your life man...I'll quit with you
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
Keep plowing through it K9! you've come a long way, and you can do this!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline K9 Seducer

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
Quote from: apogeeammo
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: JohnK9
Congrats on the smart decision! Highly recommend hitting up the chat room whenever you have a craving, they will all help you out!

I gotta ask tho...What's up with the name? Should I be worried? 

Cheers, 
John
'crackup'
'crackup' You better worry about getting a "Dear John" letter!
'crackup'
'crackup'
i was wondering about the name too.
I'm guessing its because he calls Coyotes to shoot them!

However, he did say his wife doesn't like the call sign so 'embarrassed' you never know!

10 - 4 ! on the calling. It's good stuff!

Adrenaline is on high when you're trying to fool a predator into thinking your lunch.
It's another addiction of mine.
Similar to turkey or elk hunting, make some attractaive animal noise, sit quiet in camoflauge, and wait for the animals to walk run to you.

Had one coyote burn in to within 5 paces.

First time I ever put a wounded rabbit call to my mouth, three coyotes came bouncing in to get an easy meal.
We were all surpised.
Been hooked ever since.
Just try'n to get through the territory!
Quit Dates - Skoal Jan 3rd, Nicotine Jan 10th, 2014

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
Good job posting roll. Now, keep your word all day. When craves come READ or get into chat. Repeat tomorrow.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: apogeeammo
Congrats on the smart decision! Highly recommend hitting up the chat room whenever you have a craving, they will all help you out!

Cheers, 
John
'crackup'
'crackup'
'crackup'

However, he did say his wife doesn't like the call sign so 'embarrassed' you never know!
straight from the mouth of the angry stomping kid-clown guy. Serious!?!? hahaha!

To be helpful, K9S, take the tip about the chat room seriously and don't lose it in us .... ahem.... clowning.... around.

And even though you might not feel like it sometimes during your early quit, humor almost always helps get through this so take it when you can find it!

Keep building that quit up strong!

Offline apogeeammo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-01-01
  • Interests: Family, Cooking, Guns, Music!Favorite bands - Tool, Radiohead, and Queens of the Stoneage
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

Cheers, 
John
'crackup'
'crackup'
'crackup'

--Focus on Remedies, Not Faults - Jack Nicklaus
--Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
--Recalculating! - The GPS bitch!
--462 Just ahead of me! - Maynard

HOF 4/10/2014

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »

Cheers, 
John
'crackup'
'crackup'
'crackup'

Offline JohnK9

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

Cheers,
John

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Posted Roll April 2014 Group
Boom. Keep that promise today. Go to bed knowing you weren't a slave today. Wake up tomorrow, do it again.

Welcome brother. Glad to have you in 100%. I quit with you today and every damn day you'll put your life and your word ahead of a poisonous can of worm dirt.

PM if you need to swap some digits. I highly recommend it. It will keep you accountable to yourself and your quit brothers/sisters. Quit on
Nice to see you are finally all in.
Welcome
Very nice, you have freed yourself from the nic bitch!!!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Boom. Keep that promise today. Go to bed knowing you weren't a slave today. Wake up tomorrow, do it again.

Welcome brother. Glad to have you in 100%. I quit with you today and every damn day you'll put your life and your word ahead of a poisonous can of worm dirt.

PM if you need to swap some digits. I highly recommend it. It will keep you accountable to yourself and your quit brothers/sisters. Quit on
Nice to see you are finally all in.
Welcome

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »

"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
That's the way to just do it and lean into the discomfort! Congratulations on taking your life back! Now, when it gets hard, just get through it, moment by moment. It ebbs and flows. Each sucky moment you get through is one more down. Drink lots, keep moving. Just get through. If you feel good, enjoy that and use it to energize you for tough times.

You will probably have more people reaching out to you to help, too. Get your support network growing. PM me if you want my number, and get other's numbers too.

Like I said before, if I can do this, so can you. You gotta be tough, but you just showed the courage by posting. For me, learning about the addiction and the support from everyone here has made all the difference.