Author Topic: Slave for 31 years-NO MORE!  (Read 9322 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slave for 31 years-NO MORE!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
Adding to the welcomes.... I dipped for nearly FOUR DECADES (what an idiot)....this included a 15-month stoppage back in 1993-94. I completely understand your comment about posting a promise to a bunch of strangers. But the longer you stay here the less they are strangers, and the more brothers and sisters they become. This place works because the vast majority of quitters in it have honor and integrity. Glad you're here, because you're adding to the strength of the group!

Offline daneman2009

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 27th 2018
  • Interests: Hockey, sleeping, overtime.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
Stay quit! Post Roll! Reach out if you need us! 'oh yeah'

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
Awesome brother remember this place is only as good as you use it so reach out and make this place yours!
9/6/2016

Offline daneman2009

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 27th 2018
  • Interests: Hockey, sleeping, overtime.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 09:06:00 AM »
WELCOME!

Stay quit, hold your promise.

AND REACH OUT if you need support. I do, you cant too.

oh and post roll!

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:00 AM »
33 year dipper here! You can do this! I quit with you today!

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Welcome to ktc. I dipped for 35 years pretty heavy too. Quitting is not easy but we can do it together. If there is anything I can help you with contact me. I would be glad to help.
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
Welcome.

Yep, it's odd that a promise made to a bunch of internet strangers is stronger than a promise made to your spouse. Whatever it takes to stay quit!

That promise has stopped me from caving a few times.

My advice is to not worry about how much gum, candy, fake stuff, whatever you use. Whatever it takes to stay quit!

You will wean yourself off that stuff soom enough.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
congrats on making the step to freedom. excellent advice from these awesome quitters. I never could gut it or sleep with the evil weed but, I did use 1 1/2 to 2 cans a day for a good long while. I did use for 25 years. I also started at a very young age as you did. I know you can do this and I will be here for you.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: tiswritten
I started dipping right around the age of 12Â… so a slave to the nic bitch for 31 years. For the last several years, I only took a dip out of my mouth when eating a mealÂ…yeah, I slept with a dip in my top lip every nightÂ…on purpose. For the last few years IÂ’ve not needed to spitÂ…why waste the taste. I guess when you dip roughly 23 hours out of the day every single day, you get used to it. Starting at such a young age, I donÂ’t ever remember a time of not dipping. Most people never realized I dipped because I didn't need to spit.

IÂ’ve tried quitting on several occasions in 31 years. My best attempt lasted 5 days. Coincidentally I am on day 5 today. About a week prior to my quit date, I began to plan out my quit. I evaluated past failures. I always tried to quit over a long holiday weekend. It would workÂ…but then I would go back into work and fail that very day when the stresses started piling on. So basically I would put my family through hell over a long holiday weekend only to fail abruptly within an hour of returning to work. I decided this time I would try on a Sunday. This would get me into it a day before going to work and then I would just face it head on at my most stressful time.

I would have just quit on the Monday, but there is significance to the date of the Sunday that I quit. Sixteen years prior, 10/16/2000, my wife and I packed up our 1 year old daughter and moved from OH to NC. She and I had an agreement. She would quit smoking. I would quit dipping. She is a strong woman and did it. I caved before the day was out. [On a side note, it is probably best that we didnÂ’t quit at the same time. That was 2-3 weeks of hell for both of us. Had I also been raging like she was, one of us would probably no longer be here and the other would be in jail! Haha]. So, my quit date is significant, and I wanted to use that as motivation to stay quit this time. Also motivation, that one year old girl is now 17Â…almost an adult. Her younger sister just turned 15 last week. Their younger brother turns 8 next weekÂ… and the youngest girl turns 2 next month! IÂ’ve got a beautiful wife and 4 great kids to live for.

So, yeah, 5 days inÂ… been here (3-5 days quit) plenty of times. IÂ’m getting sick of chewing so much gum. The Smokey Mountain shit from Walmart is not as refreshing today as it had been the last few days. Coffee grounds are tearing up my lips. I have to admit that I chuckled a bit when I first found this site and read about the concept of posting rollÂ… As I sit here at work right now, the only reason I havenÂ’t hit the gas station is because I posted roll this morning and made an oath with a bunch of other quitters. That is going to get me through today. I will post again tomorrow and the next dayÂ… one day at a time. Just knowing there are others going through this with me at this very moment gives me strength. IÂ’m a little baffled to be honest. IÂ’ve forsaken my family many times for that nic bitchÂ…but for a bunch of strangers and a number and my word I am keeping up the fight. I donÂ’t understandÂ…but it is working, so IÂ’ll take it. Thanks to all.
Yes sir your family is a great reason to quit, but you better learn for now you're quitting for yourself and your family will reap the rewards! Don't worry about posting tomorrow. Make it the next hour, 10 minutes etc. Let's make it this 24 hours and worry about tomorrow. I will say that posting roll is the main thing that keeps you honest. See were all addicts here and you will never be healed , cuted whatever you want to call it but use fake dip , candy , gum whatever it takes keep that shit out of your mouth. Damn proud to be quit with you! Remember as long as that name is on roll your never alone. Post roll Early EDD ODAAT!
Tiswritten,
The secret of this site is that we have all been where you are (I was a18year chewer) a few days in, we understand the mental games that will happen, the loss of sleep, weight gain, anxiety, you name it someone on here has experienced it.
Mix it up with gum, candy, fake, toothpicks, etc. anything is better than chew.

At first this site is like a new pair of boots, it is hard to put them each day, blisters, soreness and fatigue. And you have this other pair of boots that you have known from the past 30years, they are comfortable and it takes no effort to pull them on.
But each day you put on your KTC boots, it is easier, they get broken in and eventually that old pair of boots will seem so strange and foreign, that going back isn't an option.

You got this,
Idaho Spuds

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Quote from: tiswritten
I started dipping right around the age of 12Â… so a slave to the nic bitch for 31 years. For the last several years, I only took a dip out of my mouth when eating a mealÂ…yeah, I slept with a dip in my top lip every nightÂ…on purpose. For the last few years IÂ’ve not needed to spitÂ…why waste the taste. I guess when you dip roughly 23 hours out of the day every single day, you get used to it. Starting at such a young age, I donÂ’t ever remember a time of not dipping. Most people never realized I dipped because I didn't need to spit.

IÂ’ve tried quitting on several occasions in 31 years. My best attempt lasted 5 days. Coincidentally I am on day 5 today. About a week prior to my quit date, I began to plan out my quit. I evaluated past failures. I always tried to quit over a long holiday weekend. It would workÂ…but then I would go back into work and fail that very day when the stresses started piling on. So basically I would put my family through hell over a long holiday weekend only to fail abruptly within an hour of returning to work. I decided this time I would try on a Sunday. This would get me into it a day before going to work and then I would just face it head on at my most stressful time.

I would have just quit on the Monday, but there is significance to the date of the Sunday that I quit. Sixteen years prior, 10/16/2000, my wife and I packed up our 1 year old daughter and moved from OH to NC. She and I had an agreement. She would quit smoking. I would quit dipping. She is a strong woman and did it. I caved before the day was out. [On a side note, it is probably best that we didnÂ’t quit at the same time. That was 2-3 weeks of hell for both of us. Had I also been raging like she was, one of us would probably no longer be here and the other would be in jail! Haha]. So, my quit date is significant, and I wanted to use that as motivation to stay quit this time. Also motivation, that one year old girl is now 17Â…almost an adult. Her younger sister just turned 15 last week. Their younger brother turns 8 next weekÂ… and the youngest girl turns 2 next month! IÂ’ve got a beautiful wife and 4 great kids to live for.

So, yeah, 5 days inÂ… been here (3-5 days quit) plenty of times. IÂ’m getting sick of chewing so much gum. The Smokey Mountain shit from Walmart is not as refreshing today as it had been the last few days. Coffee grounds are tearing up my lips. I have to admit that I chuckled a bit when I first found this site and read about the concept of posting rollÂ… As I sit here at work right now, the only reason I havenÂ’t hit the gas station is because I posted roll this morning and made an oath with a bunch of other quitters. That is going to get me through today. I will post again tomorrow and the next dayÂ… one day at a time. Just knowing there are others going through this with me at this very moment gives me strength. IÂ’m a little baffled to be honest. IÂ’ve forsaken my family many times for that nic bitchÂ…but for a bunch of strangers and a number and my word I am keeping up the fight. I donÂ’t understandÂ…but it is working, so IÂ’ll take it. Thanks to all.
Yes sir your family is a great reason to quit, but you better learn for now you're quitting for yourself and your family will reap the rewards! Don't worry about posting tomorrow. Make it the next hour, 10 minutes etc. Let's make it this 24 hours and worry about tomorrow. I will say that posting roll is the main thing that keeps you honest. See were all addicts here and you will never be healed , cuted whatever you want to call it but use fake dip , candy , gum whatever it takes keep that shit out of your mouth. Damn proud to be quit with you! Remember as long as that name is on roll your never alone. Post roll Early EDD ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Tiswritten

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 16-Oct-16
  • Likes Given: 285
Slave for 31 years-NO MORE!
« on: October 20, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »