Author Topic: It's Time!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's Time!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Quote from: BB721
Hey everyone-

I just recently came across this site and spent a few days reading through people's stories, the Kern family story, pictures, and pretty much everything on here. I have tried quitting once before and made it 8 weeks. My excuse to start again was that chewing would help me relax during finals week at school. I am about to turn 19 years old, but have been chewing constantly for 2 years.. and it's been getting worse. Recently I've been chewing more than I ever had every day.

I want to quit for many different reasons. My parents hate it, my girlfriend hates it, it's a waste of money, and mainly I do not want to start down a path towards cancer. I had been a Grizzly Wintergreen chewer, and I started during high school while playing baseball. I know it's a difficult thing to do, but I think that with all the stories on here and people going through the same thing that I can succeed with my goal. Also, congrats to the people who have made it for so long. I know that a lot of the members have been chewing for 5, 10, 15+ years, and I feel that this step will help me so that I can say that I only chewed for 2 years and quit.

Thanks everybody.
Ben
Quit 5/13/2010
Welcome to the site. I wish I was smart enough to quit when I was your age. I would have had two years dipping too. Sadly I kept finding reasons to keep dipping and here I sit at 194 days quit and 44 years old. I am well over 20 years every day.

Couple of things. Number one, quit for you and only for you. If you quit for your mom, girlfriend, whoever chances are you will start again when you get pissed at them the first time.

Number two. Remove the words think, try, hope, from your vocabulary. Replace them with will, do, can. After the first three days it becomes a mental game so adjusting your vocabulary and your mindset are very important.

Head on over to the August group and post your promise. Check you inbox ( 1 )

Offline BB721

• Likes Given: 0
It's Time!
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Hey everyone-

I just recently came across this site and spent a few days reading through people's stories, the Kern family story, pictures, and pretty much everything on here. I have tried quitting once before and made it 8 weeks. My excuse to start again was that chewing would help me relax during finals week at school. I am about to turn 19 years old, but have been chewing constantly for 2 years.. and it's been getting worse. Recently I've been chewing more than I ever had every day.

I want to quit for many different reasons. My parents hate it, my girlfriend hates it, it's a waste of money, and mainly I do not want to start down a path towards cancer. I had been a Grizzly Wintergreen chewer, and I started during high school while playing baseball. I know it's a difficult thing to do, but I think that with all the stories on here and people going through the same thing that I can succeed with my goal. Also, congrats to the people who have made it for so long. I know that a lot of the members have been chewing for 5, 10, 15+ years, and I feel that this step will help me so that I can say that I only chewed for 2 years and quit.

Thanks everybody.
Ben
Quit 5/13/2010