Author Topic: The grind  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Lock10

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: baseball
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The grind
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll just use the verbal abuse only. It should be ok. Most of these players are pretty good kids. Although I agree with you whsii, I definetly want to throw punches over the any strikeout!!!! 'bang head' Keep up the grind gentlemen.

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
lock10,

Hang in there. Don't punch kids if they make some wise ass comments. You're quitter! (You may, however, punch them if they go down looking!) :-)

Glad to quit with you today.
whsii
Day 14
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
Quote from: lock10
Day 23- I've been handling this shit pretty well up to this point. Haven't really needed any major help. Although I would like to ask if there are any other baseball coaches out there. We start practice today and although I will be fully armed with seeds, gum and chew straw(my personal favorite) some words of encouragemant about not punching a 19 year old player in the mouth after a you'll cave comment would be apprecciated. Hopefully I didn't recruit a bunch of assholes that would say something like that but you never can tell. Keep up the grind fellow quitters!
As a HS teacher and soccer coach, I always try to remember that I was once in their shoes. Internally, try to find the humor in their arrogance. Or imagine how shitty their home life must be. Project your anger onto your vision of asshole dad. It may allow you to keep emotions in check when sorting out the little punkass teenager bitch.

Offline Lock10

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
Day 23- I've been handling this shit pretty well up to this point. Haven't really needed any major help. Although I would like to ask if there are any other baseball coaches out there. We start practice today and although I will be fully armed with seeds, gum and chew straw(my personal favorite) some words of encouragemant about not punching a 19 year old player in the mouth after a you'll cave comment would be apprecciated. Hopefully I didn't recruit a bunch of assholes that would say something like that but you never can tell. Keep up the grind fellow quitters!

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
Welcome lock. "Doing it on my own" is a common character trait, here. I guess that swallowing toxic spit or filling a coke bottle with black-flecked brown slime are not activities especially favored by the social butterflies. Welcome to the quit!

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
Quote from: lock10
Hello fellow quitters, I'm a little behind with the intro so I thought I'd chime in. I've been serving the can for about 14 years and haven't managed to stay quit for more than 10 days in that span. Coach baseball and work on baseball fields everyday, so the thought of quitting was kind of funny considering were I spent my days. I've always done stuff on my own, but after posting roll and knowing that others are grinding through this shit with me I feel alot better about making it a day at a time. A big thank you to the brains behind this site!! Keep on grinding quitters I'll do my part to walk the line!
Glad you are here. If I can help, let me know by sending me a personal message.

jmiah
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline just me and my can

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
Welcome Lock... Look forward to quiting with you everyday, one day at a time.

Offline Lock10

• Quit Pro
The grind
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
Hello fellow quitters, I'm a little behind with the intro so I thought I'd chime in. I've been serving the can for about 14 years and haven't managed to stay quit for more than 10 days in that span. Coach baseball and work on baseball fields everyday, so the thought of quitting was kind of funny considering were I spent my days. I've always done stuff on my own, but after posting roll and knowing that others are grinding through this shit with me I feel alot better about making it a day at a time. A big thank you to the brains behind this site!! Keep on grinding quitters I'll do my part to walk the line!