Author Topic: Long trip kicking nic  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Long trip kicking nic
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Montague214
I' m sure I'll get plenty of support here. One day at a time. I know it'll be tough once the trip is over and I leave GA headed home to NC. Got to tough it out.
So maybe part of the plan is to learn how to post roll and earn some accountability, because once you get back to your old routines you'll be wishing you had some quitters to get you through. Try it, it's only your life you are risking.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Montague214

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:35:00 PM »
I' m sure I'll get plenty of support here. One day at a time. I know it'll be tough once the trip is over and I leave GA headed home to NC. Got to tough it out.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
Great decision to quit but a couple pointers/revisions:
1. Post roll, that is the backbone of the site and what makes it work
2. Quit for yourself, not for your father or anyone else. I secretly chewed and kept it from my mother, father, wife, kids, co-workers for 18 years. What will happen when the vacation is over? what is your plan?
Idaho Spuds

Offline Montague214

• Likes Given: 0
Long trip kicking nic
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
My name is Mark. I am on a week-long trip with my father who has never smoked, dipped or drank. Spanning from GA to MS to Omaha, back to Florida and then GA. Knowing he's not tolerant of tobacco, I have a great opportunity to kick nic. Today is day 3. Will soon be on a plane to Omaha. Busy schedule, lots of family to see. After many many failed attempts, this feels right.