Author Topic: quit 6/8/14  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: quit 6/8/14
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Thewolfe
Quote from: big_dipper
Thanks for the support. You guys were right, I feel better posting roll. Knowing that I have brothers feeling the same way I do is incredible.
It will only get stronger. Pretty soon you will start getting pissed that others in your group go MIA and you will hunt them down and drag their sorry asses back to roll.. That's how it works.. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Recently a 500 + days quitter caved.. He had drifted away from KTC and his quit brothers and sisters (and a few that check "other" - mostly in May) on the SEX question.

.. As addicts to nic, we are never safe. Once you let your guard down, poof! you've got a lip full of dip.

On the other hand, there are people with thousands of days quit and they are still posting roll here.

Quit with you today!
Big brother dipper - Thanks for pullin old ES's ass out of the fire this morning with the post roll thing. I appreciate your help. Trying to play catch up and go back and read some Sultans intro pages. Slowly but surely I'll get caught up.
QLF with you and the Sultans
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Thanks for the support. You guys were right, I feel better posting roll. Knowing that I have brothers feeling the same way I do is incredible.
It will only get stronger. Pretty soon you will start getting pissed that others in your group go MIA and you will hunt them down and drag their sorry asses back to roll.. That's how it works.. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Recently a 500 + days quitter caved.. He had drifted away from KTC and his quit brothers and sisters (and a few that check "other" - mostly in May) on the SEX question.

.. As addicts to nic, we are never safe. Once you let your guard down, poof! you've got a lip full of dip.

On the other hand, there are people with thousands of days quit and they are still posting roll here.

Quit with you today!

Offline Paul1231

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-16
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, family, good food
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Nice job posting roll man. We have an awesome group in Sept. There are some seriously badass Sultans in there. Have you met many guys yet? Got any numbers? PM me if you havent and ill get you started

Offline big_dipper

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-08
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: jtbrown
Day 2 posting roll. Now I see why it is so important. Can't wait to hit 100 and beyond with these guys.
One day at a time, big dog. The 100 day mark isn't going anywhere. Win the day, and the major milestones will come. Quitting with you today man!
One can never tell when posting roll will help them... Sure it helped me day1- day 100, but helped me the most around day 170 and again around day 200-210. I had lots of stoppages in my dipping hell, but we are all $5 and a bad decision away from caving! PM me if you need anything. I will QLF all day with you.
Enjoy each new day of freedom. You are a free man. No need to rush it. Enjoy and prosper. Now that you're a quitter, you can do anything.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: jtbrown
Day 2 posting roll. Now I see why it is so important. Can't wait to hit 100 and beyond with these guys.
One day at a time, big dog. The 100 day mark isn't going anywhere. Win the day, and the major milestones will come. Quitting with you today man!
One can never tell when posting roll will help them... Sure it helped me day1- day 100, but helped me the most around day 170 and again around day 200-210. I had lots of stoppages in my dipping hell, but we are all $5 and a bad decision away from caving! PM me if you need anything. I will QLF all day with you.

Offline jtbrown

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Roll Tide), waiting on Alabama's basketball team to return to somewhat relevance. I enjoy working around the house, and attempting to become a shade-tree mechanic. I love golf, but do not play nearly enough. Country music, my wife, front porch, and a cold beer is all it takes to make me happy.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »

Offline big_dipper

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »
You searched us out for a reason....you needed help.

Post up, read, get involved. This place is the best crave killer on the planet.

Offline Paul1231

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-16
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, family, good food
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
In case you didnt see this in Sept group im copying it in here as well

I didnt call you a troll. It was a legit question I was asking because from time to time there are trolls that come through and pull shit like that. Also no one is trying to get rid of you. This group will welcome you in. All you have to do is follow the simple ground rules like Cavman said. We just want to know more about you as we all are pretty tight at this point even though there are disagreements from time to time. Thats badass that you have been quit since 6/8. If you buy into what is going on here this place will strengthen your quit to a whole new level. No one is trying to run you outta here...you just have to understand that people will be skeptical at first because we have all been in this together from the get go and also there have been quite a few times that guys show up supposedly 20,30 etc whatever days in and disappear after two or three days. Not saying that is you but it is the cause of some skepticism of new guys here. That is awesome you have made it so far on your own and hopefully we can learn more about you, you buy in, and we all quit together. If you have any questions about anything on here feel free to hit me up.

Hope to see you on roll EDD

Offline big_dipper

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Look guys, I quit on 6/8 2014... I am not a troll.

I didn't even know about this site when I quit. I just did it. I was struggling at about the 5/6 day mark so I searched the web and found this site. I jumped on the chat because I was in trouble and feeling weak. Some of your brothers talked me off the ledge and kept me quit.

I had no idea that roll was so important to so many of you guys until today. I came onto the site today to post thanks, because without some of the quit brothers I would have failed. So thank you. Thanks for calling me a troll, I needed it.

Try and get rid of me now guys.

If posting the roll call might help other guys stay quit, then count me in.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Thewolfe
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: razd611
Still going strong. I want to thank the guys in the live chat the day I signed up for this site. They talked me off a ledge. Ever since then it has been pretty smooth sailing, and I am even around dip all day.

Thanks.
So why are you not posting roll and using the site to it's fullest?
Because I am a dick. Working on fixing that.
Working on posting roll or not being a dick or both?

Lots of dicks around here. Post roll and stick around. Ill introduce you to coach Steve.
Can I say both?
You ain't gonna make it unless you embrace ROLL CALL and the BROTHERHOOD of your quit group.

Trust me. Go post roll. Do it for a week or two. By then you will understand why it is important. Hard to explain. just try it.

Otherwise. you'll probably end up with a fatty in your lip. My quit group has 33% of it's original size past, at or approaching 100 days quit. All other forms of "quitting" can claim less than 10% success, most much less than 10%.
The guys that post roll and get involved stay quit, period. You can dig through thread after thread and look for yourself but there is no hiding the truth.

Surely you can take five minutes out of your day and post roll, all us other assholes do!

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Still going strong. I want to thank the guys in the live chat the day I signed up for this site. They talked me off a ledge. Ever since then it has been pretty smooth sailing, and I am even around dip all day.

Thanks.

Lots of dicks around here. Post roll and stick around. Ill introduce you to coach Steve.
Can I say both?
You ain't gonna make it unless you embrace ROLL CALL and the BROTHERHOOD of your quit group.

Trust me. Go post roll. Do it for a week or two. By then you will understand why it is important. Hard to explain. just try it.

Otherwise. you'll probably end up with a fatty in your lip. My quit group has 33% of it's original size past, at or approaching 100 days quit. All other forms of "quitting" can claim less than 10% success, most much less than 10%.

Offline big_dipper

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »

Thanks.

Can I say both?

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »

Thanks.