Author Topic: Hello -my Intro  (Read 3798 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Hello -my Intro
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 02:03:50 PM »
Something seemed odd about his farewell post.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
 'Finger' 'Finger' 'Finger' 'Finger'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
KTC runs entirely on the honor and integrity of its members.  Without honesty, there can be no brotherhood, no accountability.

This is why lying on roll is, and always has been, a banable offense.

It was brought to the attention of the mod/admins that TWID.2019 was continuing to use nicotine while posting roll.

As a result, he has been banned.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline quit_one

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2019-03-25
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
Dan, have you ever tried to quit on your own in the past? You're leaving the pack and going out into the wild on your own. All I can say is, good luck with that.

Offline BigBob68

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: April 7, 2019
  • Interests: Football, Beer, Grilling, Beer, Football
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 10:25:55 AM »
TWID

Did you always plan to leave after Day 30? After posting roll for an entire month it just feels a bit odd to be losing a brother who is a third of the way to HOF, past the REALLY shitty part of the quit (the beginning) and was a 100% roll poster.  Do yourself a favor and give it another day then possibly another and then possibly another.  You will be better for it. 

I'm not a big social interaction guy (honestly, I'm a complete asshole) and the last thing I "need" are new friends but in the end I realize that staying quit will not be done all by myself nor should your quit be done by yourself. 

So buck up buttercup, it's time to roll.
Stay strong! Stay quit!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »
My Quit Brothers and Sisters:  I think this is a great site and a great community.  And this helped convince  me to be done with dipping and i appreciate it very much.  With that, I am going to step away from the community now.  It just doesn't feel like a great fit for me at this time.  I still promise to not chew tobacco anymore.  And wish you all the best in your daily journeys.

I hope you come back and read this.

There are some very great things about this site, and there are some not so great things about this site. But few would disagree that this site works. A promise made and a promise kept keep us quit.

You are still very early in your quit, and you will still face some hellacious craves. Craves that come out of no where and smack you right between the eyes. That has happened to me, and the only thing that kept me from caving was my daily promise.

Take what works for you, and leave the rest.

Seriously, making your daily promise takes about 35 seconds. That's 35 seconds out of your day to protect your quit. Talk about cheap insurance.

Seriously dude, turn a blind eye to whatever it is that you don't like, and use it for, what is at its most basic, what this site was made for. A place to make a promise to not use nicotine in any form.

Offline TWID.2019

• BANNED
  • Quit Date: March 17, 2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »
My Quit Brothers and Sisters:  I think this is a great site and a great community.  And this helped convince  me to be done with dipping and i appreciate it very much.  With that, I am going to step away from the community now.  It just doesn't feel like a great fit for me at this time.  I still promise to not chew tobacco anymore.  And wish you all the best in your daily journeys.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 10:43:05 AM »
Hey new friends. 
Wish I could say I was happy to be here, but I'm still pretty worried about this journey.
I had my last dip one week ago, March 17.  Finished that can on my way to the airport with my family for a nice long week vacation.  I figured that was the only way to commit to quitting, getting out of my normal environment away from many of the triggers.  Past week has been a bit rough, of course.  But now, Sunday night, and I go back to work in the morning... pretty anxious how this is going to go.
I found this site years ago when I thought about quitting, but didn't think about looking at it again until late tonight.  I will have to figure out more how it works, best tips and hints, etc. 
And I saw a note on the welcome page about being full nicotine free;  I'm still using some Nicotine gum, hopefully for not too much longer.  So maybe I can't comment elsewhere on the site, or it affects my 'official quit date'.... I will still think of my quit date as the chewing tobacco, this is what matters to me.
Thanks to everyone who supports this site and having this resource available to people like me.

Hey TWID,

Everything these bad ass quitters has said before me is all great info and you should take all to heart.  This is a completely nicotine free forum so you need to destroy what ever you have left if you would like to join your quit group.  The day you have your last nicotine is your new DAY 1 of freedom. Ditch the nic and go join the new July 2019 Quit Group.  You can click that group name and it will take you to it.  There you will post your promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.  We don't do forever or anything other than today here.  We quit for today only and tomorrow we come back and do it again.

W.U.P.P. Wake Up, Piss, Post is the mantra.  It means to post your promise early in the day so you take nicotine off the table for the whole day.  Coming in here after your done at work and posting a status update before you go eat dinner is NOT how we roll.  We make a promise each and every morning to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.

So get rid of that gum or whatever you are still getting your fix with and go post roll with your new brothers.

My digits are a PM away if you want them.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline ES

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01-06-2019
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »
Hey TWID.2019,

We're all glad you are here and taking the first steps by posting up in your intro page. To be officially assigned to a quit group, you're going to have to toss the gum, too. You've advanced on the enemy by throwing out the tin, but you're really just putting off the inevitable - getting your body free of nicotine! You're an addict, I AM AN ADDICT. You've changed your delivery method to something a bit less damaging, but you're maintaining your addiction. Jump in, the water is fine! You'll likely have struggles in the early days of being TOTALLY NIC FREE, but won't find a soul on this site that would tell you it's not worth it. The longer you have nic in your body, the easier it will be to pick up the tin once more.

All of us here have mustered together in support. We are a militia against nicotine and we are a glorious group of strangers (in the beginning - you'll make friends the longer you stay) who really care about being involved in each other's quit. If you want to quit, for your good and to save your own life, we want to be here for you.

ES, 79 Days Free
April 2019 BMF'ers of Quit
My Intro |My HOF Speech | April 2019 The BMF'ers of Quit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 08:30:14 AM »
Welcome twid. Congrats on getting here and taking the first step. As stated this some if for nicotine free.

I'll send you a pm with my digits. Commit and you won't regret it. Be proud of your accomplishments you have made already! You can do this we can help.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
TWID- Welcome to the site. You are right, if you are still using nicotine gum, you are limited on where you can comment. This isn’t to alienate anyone. It’s because for us, it goes beyond the tobacco problem, deeper down to the nicotine addiction problem. If it was simply getting rid of tobacco, there would be a much higher success rate without this site. That being said, let me also say, you have taken a good first step. Getting rid of the cancer-causing crap we loved to pack in. I would encourage you to put it ALL down. Get rid of the nicotine too. It really is the only way to be successful. Let us help you. We hold you accountable and you hold us accountable. This site truely works if you go with the program. Reach out if you have any questions. Be tough. Put it ALL down once and for all.

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:12:11 AM »
Welcome to the best thing that could ever happen to you brother.

Here at KTC we strive on holding you accountable for your quit as we expect you to treat us the same.

All of us here was in your shoes once so we know how you feel and the struggle you're going through.

On the main forum page you'll see Pre-HOF groups. If you quit March 17th youll be 9 days quit!!

You have to post roll everyday for accountability.  Wake up Post Piss: WUPP

Hit the quote button scroll down to where it says quitters and post your promise.

Send digits I know that seems crazy but it works. I started out with 0 now im 30+

I'm happy to see you here lets stay quit today brother digits are in your Inbox!
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline TWID.2019

• BANNED
  • Quit Date: March 17, 2019
Hello -my Intro
« on: March 24, 2019, 11:55:12 PM »
Hey new friends. 
Wish I could say I was happy to be here, but I'm still pretty worried about this journey.
I had my last dip one week ago, March 17.  Finished that can on my way to the airport with my family for a nice long week vacation.  I figured that was the only way to commit to quitting, getting out of my normal environment away from many of the triggers.  Past week has been a bit rough, of course.  But now, Sunday night, and I go back to work in the morning... pretty anxious how this is going to go.
I found this site years ago when I thought about quitting, but didn't think about looking at it again until late tonight.  I will have to figure out more how it works, best tips and hints, etc. 
And I saw a note on the welcome page about being full nicotine free;  I'm still using some Nicotine gum, hopefully for not too much longer.  So maybe I can't comment elsewhere on the site, or it affects my 'official quit date'.... I will still think of my quit date as the chewing tobacco, this is what matters to me.
Thanks to everyone who supports this site and having this resource available to people like me.