Author Topic: New Quit - Dug  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Dug

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5/3/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: New Quit - Dug
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
So, its been mere hours and I've already looked for my can numerous times.  26 years of a can a day of Skoal.  In the last 2 years, I'm down to pouches.  I don't know if pouches are really much less nicotine, or maybe you just change them out for fresh ones more often?

I chew non-stop from sunup to sundown, and I often fall asleep with a pouch in my mouth.

My main thing is oxygen saturation.  I live at 9000 feet and a healthy person tests at 95-100, my tests are generally 88-93.  Makes me tired and short of breath, kind of like having the flu in a way without the coughing.  I'm hoping getting rid of the nicotine will get those digits up over 95+.

I have a bag of hard candy and some non-tobacco chew that tastes like Kodiak.  Not looking forward to this weekend, but the wife and kids are gone for a few days, so hopefully I can keep the aggravation to a minimum.  I have a couple Xanax in case the sleep comes hard. 

I used nicotine gum for a couple years, no actual tobacco, but I was eating just as much gum as real tobacco, from a financial point of view.

Anyway, I quit drinking almost 10 years ago and now it's time to quit the tobacco.  Addict through and through I suppose.

Thanks for listening.  Take it easy.
Good stuff, man. Welcome in. I was a dip fiend for 25 years, myself. 2 cans a day for the last 10 years or so. You wanna talk nicotine saturation?... that was me. If I can do this, you can too, bro.

1 thing I want to make sure of... you understand you're not addicted to tobacco, right?
Nicotine is your enemy.
That has to be made clear. It's a drug equally as hideous as heroin. It's a substance more powerful than snake venom. It's hold on you is off the charts.

Nicotine... is your enemy.

Make sure your fake dip is nicotine free, bro. This is a NO nicotine site. No replacements of any sort. No stepping down of any kind.
Cold. Turkey.
Get involved here and stay involved. Find your Quit Group and post roll every day with your promise to remain quit. One day at a time. That's how we rack up success.
It works, man. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,208 days of freedom.

LOL, I barely remember writing this intro.  Fog I guess.

Applejack, thanks for the heads up.  My wife went to 7-11 yesterday and almost bought me, tobacco free, but with nicotine, mint chew.  What the fuck?  Why would anyone eat that?

Anyway, I'm nic free up to now.  I bought smokey mountain pouches on line.

Thanks for the help,
Dug

Offline james1981

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »
  Welcome aboard.  Its just one day at a time, one moment at a time and let the brain begin to detox the nic from your life.  I can remember every time I said "I am going to quit"...  It takes courage to finally do it, the anxiety is going to ramp up, but you will be fine.  I was 1-2 cans a day. I found this site and really started my quit before every joining the forums.  I was a ways in before I realized the supports here help a lot.
  You can do it, It will suck... But I am on 77 days... It seems like yesterday I started my quit 2/15/19 7:00pm. My advice as limited as it is  on the quit train... Develop new routines,  Mine,  post, shower , work... DRINK WATER, Then drink more...  the first 30-40 days I went through Packs and packs of Wintergreen gum, I believe Wrigley... and Wintergreen altoids.

You are here and that is a start... 

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
So, its been mere hours and I've already looked for my can numerous times.  26 years of a can a day of Skoal.  In the last 2 years, I'm down to pouches.  I don't know if pouches are really much less nicotine, or maybe you just change them out for fresh ones more often?

I chew non-stop from sunup to sundown, and I often fall asleep with a pouch in my mouth.

My main thing is oxygen saturation.  I live at 9000 feet and a healthy person tests at 95-100, my tests are generally 88-93.  Makes me tired and short of breath, kind of like having the flu in a way without the coughing.  I'm hoping getting rid of the nicotine will get those digits up over 95+.

I have a bag of hard candy and some non-tobacco chew that tastes like Kodiak.  Not looking forward to this weekend, but the wife and kids are gone for a few days, so hopefully I can keep the aggravation to a minimum.  I have a couple Xanax in case the sleep comes hard. 

I used nicotine gum for a couple years, no actual tobacco, but I was eating just as much gum as real tobacco, from a financial point of view.

Anyway, I quit drinking almost 10 years ago and now it's time to quit the tobacco.  Addict through and through I suppose.

Dug, Welcome Brother. Your Story is much like mine. Quitting Drinking was easy for me as well, not as long as you, but 6 Years dry. I had a fifth a night issue along with Beer, Tequila was my thing and a lot of it, straight up, no lime, lemon or salt. I can now have a couple and stop. I thought I could do the same with Dip. I was up to a can to two a day.. It's been hell, but KTC has been the thing that works 100% for me. Take it 24 Hours at a time, Wake up, Piss, Post. On the tough days, do it by hours, half hours, minutes, Seconds, whatever it takes. Swap numbers with those in your group and from the Vets, strange at first, but let me tell you, you will be thankful when the cravings hit hard, and you are thinking of caving. You won't believe the support you will get with just one text to a few brothers. I had a real bad crave one day after lunch, I was flipping out sitting in my truck, anxiety, sweats, shakes. I sent a text and I got them back asap with support, tips, offers to call.

You need to go all in here at KTC, Like you I am a Fucking Addict, 110% in anything I do, you need to replace dip / nicotine with Posting here on the site. If you need anything bro my Digits are a PM away! You can't do things half ass here, if you do, you will fail, Do this for you! Proud to be Quit with you today!

Rick Jr 102 Days of Freedom!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
What’s it gonna be, man?

I see you were on and looking around. Take this to the next level and get it done right... get in that quit group and get involved.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »
Welcome.

Here's a link to your Quit Group - https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14197.new#new

Go there, and learn how to post roll. Posting roll is a promise made to yourself and the entire KTC community that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day. Go there again early tomorrow morning, and every tomorrow after, and make the same promise again. That's how we stay quit - we make a promise, and keep that promise. It's simple - hard as hell - but simple.

It probably sounds strange - make a promise to a bunch of internet strangers. But, if you buy into the program, those internet strangers in your Quit Group will become your brothers and sisters. The last thing in the world you will want to do is to let them down.

Trust the process, stay quit. Refuse to cave for any reason, ever.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »

Good stuff, man. Welcome in. I was a dip fiend for 25 years, myself. 2 cans a day for the last 10 years or so. You wanna talk nicotine saturation?... that was me. If I can do this, you can too, bro.

1 thing I want to make sure of... you understand you're not addicted to tobacco, right?
Nicotine is your enemy.
That has to be made clear. It's a drug equally as hideous as heroin. It's a substance more powerful than snake venom. It's hold on you is off the charts.

Nicotine... is your enemy.

Make sure your fake dip is nicotine free, bro. This is a NO nicotine site. No replacements of any sort. No stepping down of any kind.
Cold. Turkey.
Get involved here and stay involved. Find your Quit Group and post roll every day with your promise to remain quit. One day at a time. That's how we rack up success.
It works, man. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,208 days of freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dug

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5/3/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
New Quit - Dug
« on: May 03, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »