Author Topic: New to site  (Read 2223 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: New to site
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »
Hey DownK,

It's tomorrow, where's your Day 1?

If you want accountability to help with your quit, this is the place for it.  Stop worrying about withdrawals and just quit.  Time's a wasting (Your life, if you didn't get the meaning).
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: New to site
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »
Tomorrow’s is day one for me, for like the fifth time in the 12+ years I’ve been using snuff/ chew. I started way back in my sophomore year of high school because I wanted to fit in when I went on harvest with family friends. I got my start on Levi Garrett and eventually moved to Copenhagen snuff then long cut, because I lost more than I used then to Red Seal long cut natural because Copenhagen got too expensive. I’ve been through the quit a few times, but only had withdrawals once and I thought I was going to die. Then I made the mistake of picking it up again and the decision has haunted me ever since. I’m looking forward to being done and not having to hide a disgusting habit from my family anymore, but I’m actually worried about going through the withdrawals again. So here’s to trying a different way to defeat this.

Hey DownK,

First, congratulations on making the decision to quit and finding our forum to assist you.  Second, you need to change your mindset on a few things: a.) you are an addict, you are addicted to nicotine.  This is no habit, a habit is picking your nose, or twirling your golden locks in your finger. b.) There is no "try" here.  Here we quit one time.  Anything else is a stoppage, not a quit.  Get those two things ingrained into your mental pathways and you will succeed.

We quit One Day at a Time (ODAAT) here.  We log on right after we get up (WUPP - Wake Up, Piss, Post) and post our promise to be nicotine free for the day, taking nicotine off the table.  If you are not a man of your word, then this place is not for you but if you are someone that keeps their promises, then this should be simple (Hard but simple). 

My last piece of advise, spit that shit out right now, flush whatever you have left down the toilet and go post your Day 1 immediately.  I have seen too many people come in here and claim, oh I'm quitting tomorrow or my date is set for Sunday or whatever, then they never show back up.  That is nicotine's game, she will make up any excuse for you not to quit, that is why it is important to just rip the band aid off right now and just quit.

Your quit group is October 2019.  This is the month that everyone in your group will reach Hall of Fame (HOF) or 100 days quit and it is the first major milestone.

So flush that crap now and go to October and post your Day 1.  I even made it easy and made the month and year a link that will take you directly there.

Let's get your quit going,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline DownK

• Likes Given: 0
New to site
« on: July 15, 2019, 11:03:21 PM »
Tomorrow’s is day one for me, for like the fifth time in the 12+ years I’ve been using snuff/ chew. I started way back in my sophomore year of high school because I wanted to fit in when I went on harvest with family friends. I got my start on Levi Garrett and eventually moved to Copenhagen snuff then long cut, because I lost more than I used then to Red Seal long cut natural because Copenhagen got too expensive. I’ve been through the quit a few times, but only had withdrawals once and I thought I was going to die. Then I made the mistake of picking it up again and the decision has haunted me ever since. I’m looking forward to being done and not having to hide a disgusting habit from my family anymore, but I’m actually worried about going through the withdrawals again. So here’s to trying a different way to defeat this.