Author Topic: Hello- MultiAttempt Quitter...Quitting Again.  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 4224
Re: Hello- MultiAttempt Quitter...Quitting Again.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
My name is Travis Warden. Been trying to quit dip for years. I had one successful moment during a hangover where I didn't dip thereafter for almost 10 months, only to lapse when a friend started dipping next to me. My wife was pretty disappointed and as was I. I really want to quit and reap the health benefits. Currently, I dip to manage stress and to also keep me in the grind at work. I don't know what I am going to do going forward. I like to dip watching movies, working, outdoor stuff, after eating.. Its like a past time for me... Need some help, I am doing nicotine gum just to get me away from the taste of dip cause I believe I can quit nicotine gum easier than I can dip/spit, etc. Almost like a strategy for me but I know you will say to grab my nuts and go cold. I will do so tomorrow, pretty terrified really. Lets see how this goes..

@Shiner  welcome to KTC.  You are a drug addict and nicotine is your drug. Go post your promise in February. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nic free first thing in the morning. Then just keep your word and repeat the following day. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through messages and not on the forum. You can do this if you follow the program. Here is the link for posting roll.  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.0  It also sounds like you need a mindset adjustment. We quit one day at a time here but you have to decide you want to quit. Question for you. Had you rather live or put a bunch of shit in your mouth while you watch a movie and stuff? Life gets so much better not being a slave to nicotine.

Fair comment, I do need a mindset adjustment. Just need to get one that really speaks to me and sticks. One day at a time. I have not had a dip in my mouth since Thursday. I had some nicotine gum Sunday morning but tossed everything since and so far, I have not had any real issues. I am liking coffee more to keep that "grind" going but I know I need to bcareful now with my intake.

Thanks

When are you planning on really committing and posting roll @Shiner ?

I posted roll yesterday and this morning. This train has left the station buddy.

Great job @Shiner . Sorry I missed it. Look at roll as I fixed your post for today. Check your messages as I will send you my digits.
Jan19

Offline Shiner

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »
My name is Travis Warden. Been trying to quit dip for years. I had one successful moment during a hangover where I didn't dip thereafter for almost 10 months, only to lapse when a friend started dipping next to me. My wife was pretty disappointed and as was I. I really want to quit and reap the health benefits. Currently, I dip to manage stress and to also keep me in the grind at work. I don't know what I am going to do going forward. I like to dip watching movies, working, outdoor stuff, after eating.. Its like a past time for me... Need some help, I am doing nicotine gum just to get me away from the taste of dip cause I believe I can quit nicotine gum easier than I can dip/spit, etc. Almost like a strategy for me but I know you will say to grab my nuts and go cold. I will do so tomorrow, pretty terrified really. Lets see how this goes..

@Shiner  welcome to KTC.  You are a drug addict and nicotine is your drug. Go post your promise in February. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nic free first thing in the morning. Then just keep your word and repeat the following day. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through messages and not on the forum. You can do this if you follow the program. Here is the link for posting roll.  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.0  It also sounds like you need a mindset adjustment. We quit one day at a time here but you have to decide you want to quit. Question for you. Had you rather live or put a bunch of shit in your mouth while you watch a movie and stuff? Life gets so much better not being a slave to nicotine.

Fair comment, I do need a mindset adjustment. Just need to get one that really speaks to me and sticks. One day at a time. I have not had a dip in my mouth since Thursday. I had some nicotine gum Sunday morning but tossed everything since and so far, I have not had any real issues. I am liking coffee more to keep that "grind" going but I know I need to bcareful now with my intake.

Thanks

I posted roll yesterday and this morning. This train has left the station buddy.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »

Thanks

Jan19

Offline Shiner

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »

Thanks

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »

Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:43:50 PM »

@Shiner
Welcome to KTC.  You've made a great decision if you want to stop dipping.  I'm willing to bet that you will get a lot of advice on what you should do to make your quit successful.  My 2c: follow through on not using the nic gum.  Drink lots of water and exercise as mush as possible.  Read as much info on this site as you can.  When you are craving hard, read more.  Lean on your group mates and the vets to get you through and, when you've got a couple days under your belt, start to post in other groups.  Helping others will strengthen your quit.

There's a lot more but that's good for now.  PM me if you want my number for added support.  Godspeed my friend.  You can get through this.

Offline Shiner

• Quitter
Hello- MultiAttempt Quitter...Quitting Again.
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:33:03 PM »