Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 684 times)

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 221
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »
     well a day short of a month and my journey so far has been crazy, wanted to get my log in this morning  because these last couple day my brain has been back in the foggy , i have been really dizzy again, and having dip dreams that piss me off every morning when i wake up because i was afraid i caved! Im only writing this so i can remember the turmoil i have gone through to even get this far. Its hard as fuck and it feels like the symptoms wont ever go away, but i can tell you i feel better than the first week. or even the second week. i feel more comfortable in my quit not only because im adjusting to these side effects so i am prepared to deal with them, but also because i have a strong group of brothers here at KTC that wont let me slip. Everyday i feel i am in the suck but every new day i feel a little better, a little lighter ( specially after i WUSP), i can see just a glimmer of light. which is better than straight black. HARD WORK, WORKS. For those reading i dont regret a second! this site will and is saving my life , a debt i can only repay by posting roll EDD and as i get to a new level i will pull, Possibly you reading this, up with me! LET YOUR QUIT BE ENOUGH TODAY!
Keep plugging away one day at a time @nick-Otine Free  The light will keep getting brighter and brighter but all of us are 1 bad decision from posting a day one again. Stay loyal to your routine and don’t get complacent. You are killing. Proud to quit with you.
thanks brother i appreciate the Quit! DAmn proud to quit with ya as well
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-

Offline Keith0617

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1083
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »
     well a day short of a month and my journey so far has been crazy, wanted to get my log in this morning  because these last couple day my brain has been back in the foggy , i have been really dizzy again, and having dip dreams that piss me off every morning when i wake up because i was afraid i caved! Im only writing this so i can remember the turmoil i have gone through to even get this far. Its hard as fuck and it feels like the symptoms wont ever go away, but i can tell you i feel better than the first week. or even the second week. i feel more comfortable in my quit not only because im adjusting to these side effects so i am prepared to deal with them, but also because i have a strong group of brothers here at KTC that wont let me slip. Everyday i feel i am in the suck but every new day i feel a little better, a little lighter ( specially after i WUSP), i can see just a glimmer of light. which is better than straight black. HARD WORK, WORKS. For those reading i dont regret a second! this site will and is saving my life , a debt i can only repay by posting roll EDD and as i get to a new level i will pull, Possibly you reading this, up with me! LET YOUR QUIT BE ENOUGH TODAY!
Keep plugging away one day at a time @nick-Otine Free  The light will keep getting brighter and brighter but all of us are 1 bad decision from posting a day one again. Stay loyal to your routine and don’t get complacent. You are killing. Proud to quit with you.
Jan19

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 07:26:18 AM »

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 08:35:29 AM »
     Good morning to all who may have wondered across this page. if your looking for a reason to Quit i hope this is your sign to do just that. I want you to understand that in life, if its not one thing, it another. Meaning their will always be something in your life that will happen. Good or bad no way around it (choosing dip for these somethings is a lame excuse).
     You are either in a problem, just left one, or headed towards one and dipping is just creating a extra problem on top of that.
Most of us never realize our potential because we have been side tracked by a secondary activity(dip). You loose yourself in your addiction and will never truly experience your freedom and true potential until you throw that shit aside. This site is here to help you reclaim your life, start anew , and hopefully live a healthy cancer free life. Brotherhood + Accountability= Success!
     Let This very moment be the time you toss that cancer leaf out of your mouth and throw that (secondary activity) into the trash. Let this very moment be the day you decide to join a group of badass quitters that will help you along the way. The choice is pretty Simple, promise me ,just for today, that you wont chew and i in return will return the favor. And we will do the same thing everyday for the rest of your dip free life.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:39:01 AM by nick-Otine Free »

Offline stillbrewing

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 636
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 06:43:50 PM »
   Nearing my 3 weeks i feel a little bit better every day but still struggle like most with my cravings, I listen to a Tony Robbins motivational speech on my way to work ( i listen to motivation instead of destroying my damn jaw on my drive) this morning and one thing he said has been ringing in my head all day. " Wants or shoulds dont get met consistently, standards do" Meaning if we raise our standards of ourselves we will be more likely to achieve what we our after.
     People can want and should all day long, you can want to loose weight, you could tell yourself you should stop dipping but that thinking is flawed system and will fail, willpower will not get you through your quit as willpower can not be attained for long durations.
     Raising your standard now is the way to achieve greatness in quit, rewire your thinking. it should be ,i dont chew and never will. i have no doubt about it. i am better than nicotine and it has not even a ounce of space in my life. my standard says my health and wellness are so far past what a can of cancer can offer me i dont need to worry about it entering my lip again.
    I know i am a addict, i know the ever lingering Thought of a dip will creep in at some point. However when those hard days come ill already understand that my standard is so far beyond the death roll of nicotine that i need not worry for a promise to my self and my standard are the strongest bond and truth i can ever carry. LET YOUR QUIT BE ENOUGH TODAY!
'Bow'
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 02:40:09 PM »
   Nearing my 3 weeks i feel a little bit better every day but still struggle like most with my cravings, I listen to a Tony Robbins motivational speech on my way to work ( i listen to motivation instead of destroying my damn jaw on my drive) this morning and one thing he said has been ringing in my head all day. " Wants or shoulds dont get met consistently, standards do" Meaning if we raise our standards of ourselves we will be more likely to achieve what we our after.
     People can want and should all day long, you can want to loose weight, you could tell yourself you should stop dipping but that thinking is flawed system and will fail, willpower will not get you through your quit as willpower can not be attained for long durations.
     Raising your standard now is the way to achieve greatness in quit, rewire your thinking. it should be ,i dont chew and never will. i have no doubt about it. i am better than nicotine and it has not even a ounce of space in my life. my standard says my health and wellness are so far past what a can of cancer can offer me i dont need to worry about it entering my lip again.
    I know i am a addict, i know the ever lingering Thought of a dip will creep in at some point. However when those hard days come ill already understand that my standard is so far beyond the death roll of nicotine that i need not worry for a promise to my self and my standard are the strongest bond and truth i can ever carry. LET YOUR QUIT BE ENOUGH TODAY!

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 07:42:28 AM »
Stay strong brother, it sucks but like you said landing a disease courtesy of chew would be mighty tough to stomach. Lean on the crew and the big guy upstairs. Proud to be quit with you today!
Amen brother, ODAAT helps keep me focus on a goal, all you guys here know how to get it done! i respect and honor that and i know soon enough ill be there as well. Let Your Quit Be Enough Today!

Offline FullCurl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 11:21:50 PM »
Stay strong brother, it sucks but like you said landing a disease courtesy of chew would be mighty tough to stomach. Lean on the crew and the big guy upstairs. Proud to be quit with you today!

Offline Keith0617

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1083
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »
      Well here I am 2 weeks, (silent round of applause) yesterday and today my quit is really hard with craves. this goes to show you how fucking bad tobacco is for your life! 2 weeks and my mind-body-soul still crave a object. a object that will put me to a early grave. i know some people will read this and think (early grave? damn he is dramatic) if this is you saying this Than you don't have what it takes to quit. For me this is life or death shit !!!! i got 2 options 1)stay quit and live a life of purpose or 2) i start planning my early death at the age of 30. There is no middle ground for me because people that create a middle ground are people that make up bullshit excuses. so does my quit suck? it does  sucks really fucking bad and im still agitated and foggy brained and push through one day at a time for myself and my brothers on this very site. im choosing the pain of today over the death of tomorrow . i hope someone reads this that wants to quit ,and understand nothing in life is easy but everything is attainable with work and effort. NO MIDDLE GROUND !! LIFE or DEATH your choice.
Keep plowing ahead one day at a time. The light gets so much brighter at the end of the tunnel. You are killing it. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 08:16:20 AM »
      Well here I am 2 weeks, (silent round of applause) yesterday and today my quit is really hard with craves. this goes to show you how fucking bad tobacco is for your life! 2 weeks and my mind-body-soul still crave a object. a object that will put me to a early grave. i know some people will read this and think (early grave? damn he is dramatic) if this is you saying this Than you don't have what it takes to quit. For me this is life or death shit !!!! i got 2 options 1)stay quit and live a life of purpose or 2) i start planning my early death at the age of 30. There is no middle ground for me because people that create a middle ground are people that make up bullshit excuses. so does my quit suck? it does  sucks really fucking bad and im still agitated and foggy brained and push through one day at a time for myself and my brothers on this very site. im choosing the pain of today over the death of tomorrow . i hope someone reads this that wants to quit ,and understand nothing in life is easy but everything is attainable with work and effort. NO MIDDLE GROUND !! LIFE or DEATH your choice.

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 02:02:37 PM »
    2020 was a damn hard year for me. And damn happy I left that whore of a can behind. It’s weird how well KTC is helping my quit. In 2020 I pushed though with a sign I hung on my mirror that said “ let whatever you do today be enough” funny how that same sign now relates to my Quit.                   As I sit foggy brained trying to figure out if I’m taking a shit or cooking dinner or if they are one in the same. As my jaw feels like last time you ran your shine into that trailer hitch (seen all you just relate to that pain) . As I get pissed off and wanna through my foot so far up your ass that your teeth begin to hurt (just so you can feel the pain before your quit) .     I go back to that sign on my mirror . And that sign is the same as KTC moto ODAAT (let today be enough) let your quit be enough for today. Tomorrow may or may not come but today, today was enough . Stay quit it’s just that simple .

Damn sure proud to quit with you today boiiiiii!!! Crush it!!!
MY MAN!!! We FuK’en killen this 12! LTBE

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
    2020 was a damn hard year for me. And damn happy I left that whore of a can behind. It’s weird how well KTC is helping my quit. In 2020 I pushed though with a sign I hung on my mirror that said “ let whatever you do today be enough” funny how that same sign now relates to my Quit.                   As I sit foggy brained trying to figure out if I’m taking a shit or cooking dinner or if they are one in the same. As my jaw feels like last time you ran your shine into that trailer hitch (seen all you just relate to that pain) . As I get pissed off and wanna through my foot so far up your ass that your teeth begin to hurt (just so you can feel the pain before your quit) .     I go back to that sign on my mirror . And that sign is the same as KTC moto ODAAT (let today be enough) let your quit be enough for today. Tomorrow may or may not come but today, today was enough . Stay quit it’s just that simple .

Love it man.  I remember earlier in my quit when I'd get bogged down by thinking too far ahead.  How was I going to get through hockey season, a federal deployment, a day skiing or hiking.  Folks much smarter than myself in here told me to hold fast.  Tomorrow will work itself out when it comes.  YOU CAN QUIT TODAY!!  You are killing this Nick.  Love your attitude.  Love your message.  Love your attempt to engage and lead your group.  Keep it up and when things look bleak, use your tools and push through.  My number is always here if you need it.  Hold that line brother.
thanks HAG ! Appreciate it brother , hard work- works, I understand we all struggle and life sucks sometimes but suck that shit up and tighten down them boot straps. All your vets have been a huge help during so a trying time lol addiction is no joke anybody that’s says it was easy is a damn bold face liar .

Offline All1n

• The next step is the most important.
  • Quit Date: 12/30/20
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 01:26:54 PM »

Damn sure proud to quit with you today boiiiiii!!! Crush it!!!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 612
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 11:35:18 AM »

Love it man.  I remember earlier in my quit when I'd get bogged down by thinking too far ahead.  How was I going to get through hockey season, a federal deployment, a day skiing or hiking.  Folks much smarter than myself in here told me to hold fast.  Tomorrow will work itself out when it comes.  YOU CAN QUIT TODAY!!  You are killing this Nick.  Love your attitude.  Love your message.  Love your attempt to engage and lead your group.  Keep it up and when things look bleak, use your tools and push through.  My number is always here if you need it.  Hold that line brother.

Online nick-Otine Free

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:23:48 AM by nick-Otine Free »