Author Topic: * Remember Remember the 22nd of November  (Read 2305 times)

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boating, hiking, camping, guns and whisk(e)y
  • Likes Given: 145
* Remember Remember the 22nd of November
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:50:04 AM »
Quitting, rage and promise. I won't hit on too much about me, you can find some of that in my intro. Better yet, hit me up on Discord and ask. I dipped and smoked over half of my life. There have been numerous times that I have been discouraged and thought I was destine to be that 70 year old with stage 4 cancer asking the nurse for a spitter. There was a time when I thought, "As long as I quit dipping, I can have the occasional cigarette or cigar." I'm here to tell you, that's bullshit. I am a nicotine addict. I will always be a nicotine addict. KTC is responsible for that grand realization. This is the mindset that will free you. The next part is doing the work. 1. Stop worrying about tomorrow, we quit one day at a time here. I used to drive myself crazy romanticizing dip and cigarettes. I'd see friends packing a can and feel sorry for myself. I'd see someone smoking on TV and think, "Damn that sounds good right now." Those feelings are going to happen, but focusing on only today is enough to avoid acting on them. 2. Use this community the way it is intended. The accountability and brotherhood is key. POST YOUR PROMISE AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP! This is you promising a group of strangers, who will not coddle you like your friends and family might (scroll through November 2021 for proof), that you will not use nicotine. Not dip, not chew, not snus, cigarettes, patches, gum, none of it. This makes it simple, you cannot possibly cave and be a man/woman of your word if posting your promise is the first thing you do when you roll out of bed in the morning. If you drag your feet, you give yourself time for an exit ramp. 3. Repeat. That's it, it's not difficult, but it's hard. If I can do it, you can to. I've failed every other quit program I have tried but I am confident in my quit now thanks to these simple steps and this amazing network.

Shout outs, @stillbrewing for the talks and the morning inspiration, @nick-Otine Free for the shared wisdom that removed my head from my ass around the 50-60 day area, and my Noisy November, Nutt-N-Butt Quit, 2021, brothers in quit. I haven't met a single one of you in person but you guys are like great friends already.

https://www.killthecan.org/remember-remember-the-22nd-of-november/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:18:40 PM by chewie »
Quit date 8-15-2021 ODAAT