Author Topic: 69franx  (Read 3412 times)

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 2378
Re: 69franx
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »
743/254 ABQTPFC

Been a couple days since being in here after hitting 2 years. The road trip last month has had me chewing on toothpicks pretty much all day every day for a month now after having pretty much forgotten about them.
2 years is nothing compared to semi regular use and abuse for 34 years, I'm still not cured and will not ever be.
Still would like to find a new normal which seems to change every couple months
Been spending more time in the pre-HOF groups to remember what the early days were like. Man I do not ever want to be in week one again. So i make that promise daily as soon as I can. Not in the middle of the afternoon when I think of it. First thing because it is the first thing I think about, just like my first dip of the day used to be what I woke up thinking about.
I keep seeing it and saying it over and over in the new groups: "Get numbers, make contact, find out who you are quitting with. Calling a friend for help is easier than just calling whatever number you find in your phone"
Glad to say that I took that advice early on and make use of those numbers.
Just trying to reinforce these thoughts for myself and anyone who chooses to read and/or respond

Thanks for that bro.  I've been having trouble wanting to stay involved here as of late.  But scared to leave because of what you just described.  It's a conundrum.
A conundrum rolled up in an enigma?
Thank You for sharing 69Franx.  I still have many of my initial withdrawal symptoms frequently.  Lately, I have been praying for a new normal.   I have had this thought that by 2 years the worst would be over and normal would be the norm.  Strangely I find not only sadness but comfort knowing that it might not ever end....
Like I have said earlier in here somewhere, I essentially used my entire adult life. I'm not really sure I know or would even recognize "normal." I am getting by, and loving the freedom, but there are still plenty of times when a dip sounds like just the thing (to the addict Frank, I know better now, but he pops up every once in a while)
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19

Offline oldschool

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2019, 12:27:09 PM »
743/254 ABQTPFC

Been a couple days since being in here after hitting 2 years. The road trip last month has had me chewing on toothpicks pretty much all day every day for a month now after having pretty much forgotten about them.
2 years is nothing compared to semi regular use and abuse for 34 years, I'm still not cured and will not ever be.
Been spending more time in the pre-HOF groups to remember what the early days were like. Man I do not ever want to be in week one again. So i make that promise daily as soon as I can. Not in the middle of the afternoon when I think of it. First thing because it is the first thing I think about, just like my first dip of the day used to be what I woke up thinking about.
I keep seeing it and saying it over and over in the new groups: "Get numbers, make contact, find out who you are quitting with. Calling a friend for help is easier than just calling whatever number you find in your phone"
Just trying to reinforce these thoughts for myself and anyone who chooses to read and/or respond

Thanks for that bro.  I've been having trouble wanting to stay involved here as of late.  But scared to leave because of what you just described.  It's a conundrum.
Thank You for sharing 69Franx.  I still have many of my initial withdrawal symptoms frequently.  Lately, I have been praying for a new normal.   I have had this thought that by 2 years the worst would be over and normal would be the norm.  Strangely I find not only sadness but comfort knowing that it might not ever end....
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »
743/254 ABQTPFC

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Eat Your Veggies!
  • Epic Quitter
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Interests: Girlfriend, Kids, Krav Maga, Shooting, Kayaking, Netflix and chill. Texas and Jesus!
  • Likes Given: 552
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2019, 04:50:05 PM »
743/254 ABQTPFC

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »
743/254 ABQTPFC

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:06:43 PM by 69franx »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
You are doing this the right way, and there is strength in numbers.

Congrats Frank on 2 freakin years brother!!
To remain quit requires focus

Offline chris2alaska

• Quit Pro
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, Nascar, Football, Movies
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
'Bow' 2 Bad Ass Years for a Bad Ass Quitter
CONGRATULATIONS FRANK  'Bow'
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win.
Og Mandino

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
Christopher Russell

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/17/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor -

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
730/241 ABQTPFC

Last day of the road trip
300 miles to get home
From home and back, we will break 2900 miles today on this trip
Man am I tired of driving
Good news is driving was always prime chewing time, but not these miles
I stayed quit through every mile
I stayed quit through every teenage temper tantrum(and there were a lot of those)
I stayed quit through all the crazy traffic
I stayed quit as Ironman competitors held us up as they drove past (sick, demented people)
I stayed quit because everyday I made a promise to my best friends in the world to stay quit
I stayed quit because I wanted to and because I didn't want to let those friends down
Again, thanx KTC
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »
Been a couple weeks. 716/227

Road tripping to the North East.
Saw the Flight 93 memorial yesterday
Hershey Factory today
Then on into CT, on our way to Boston
From there up to Maine
Then heading home through New York
Into Ohio to see my newest niece born Monday
Then on home around the first
The plan is to be quit in 8 new states!
All thanx to my KTC family!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Eat Your Veggies!
  • Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Girlfriend, Kids, Krav Maga, Shooting, Kayaking, Netflix and chill. Texas and Jesus!
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2019, 11:05:19 AM »
Congrats on the 7th floor and thank you for keeping me on center.  I really appreciate the call yesterday and count you as one of my very good friends in life.  You’re a good dude!
We are all just happy to have you back in the fold. Dont let Fish piss you off or find you in a dark corner.  'bandog'
Drink the koolaid they said.  It’ll taste good they said.   

All joking aside, KTC has kept me quit and will continue to keep me quit, just as it will for you.  I don’t have to agree with policies at all times.  Just keeping the main thing the main thing.

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »
Congrats on the 7th floor and thank you for keeping me on center.  I really appreciate the call yesterday and count you as one of my very good friends in life.  You’re a good dude!
We are all just happy to have you back in the fold. Dont let Fish piss you off or find you in a dark corner.  'bandog'
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Eat Your Veggies!
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »

Offline chris2alaska

• Quit Pro
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, Nascar, Football, Movies
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »
700/211 ABQTPFC

That about sums it up. Nice milestone but doesn't feel any different than yesterday. It is a lot of WUPPEDD and ODAATEDD. The only way it works and the only way it happens.

'party2' HAPPY 7TH FLOOR FRANK  'party2'
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win.
Og Mandino

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
Christopher Russell

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/17/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor -

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2019, 07:19:32 AM »
700/211 ABQTPFC

That about sums it up. Nice milestone but doesn't feel any different than yesterday. It is a lot of WUPPEDD and ODAATEDD. The only way it works and the only way it happens.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline 69franx

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2019, 04:04:26 PM »
675/186 ABQTPFC

Today starts a new project. Had a primary care visit yesterday to confirm my Hypertensive Urgency Blood Pressure. D.A.S.H. diet here I come. Never been a big fan of veggies, going to have to figure that part out as I go. Today's meals look like 1587 calories, mostly vegetable based. Eating like this will be so much better than dying from a stroke, heart attack, or other related issue. So I am on it, clean eating here I come, likely with a little bit of alcohol on the weekend. Might be a bit cranky and definitely hungry for a while until my system adjusts to this lifestyle.

689/200
Follow up visit with primary care doc yesterday. 2 weeks of LISINOPRIL and Hydrochlorothiazide(sp?) along with really paying attention to what I am eating (working with D.A.S.H. diet but not 100% strict) has lowered my BP from:
174/134 on 06/04/19 (think the doc wanted to say HOLY SHIT!!)
134/100 last week on 06/13/19
132/90 yesterday 06/19/19
Doc is much happier and says to keep on the meds, as he would like to see me below 130/90, but no follow up appointment needed for 4-6 months. All good news, he was pretty freaked out with the readings 2 weeks ago. I knew it was coming, after having been told a couple times that it was getting high, it was high, and I should get my primary to evaluate (that was in the ER last year, only took my dumbass 17 months to get to a primary care doc) Either way, I got on top of this a lot faster than I ever got in control of quitting nicotine.

Bonus item, dropped 6# in those same 2 weeks with more to come with this diet lifestyle change. I was 260 and change on 06/02/19 and today weighed myself at home at 251.2, goal is to be back down at 220 by the end of the year. Its aggressive, but as long as it keeps coming off, I'll be happy.

Having Anne in the hospital for breast cancer and all she has gone through with that has really jump started my desire to be a healthier me. I'm not going to start running marathons anytime soon (or even running) but just paying attention to what I take into my body is so much more important now.
Moral of the story, if you are working to remove nicotine from your life, take care of that first, then start nailing down the other items you already know you should be getting under control. If you have not spent anytime looking at the "getting my act together thread" I highly recommend checking in out.
Places in there to make a quit type promise to give up: porn, alcohol, sugar, carbs, caffeine, soda, etc. Whatever ails you, you can find KTC support in there. Make it happen, make yourself a better, healthier human being. That's enough rambling for today. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech