Author Topic: First Day Introduction  (Read 7390 times)

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First Day Introduction
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Ok.... My temper is getting better..... sort of..... it might just be that deep down, under the influence of the nic bitch or not, I'm just an asshole. Could be I am surrounded by them too.... cant be sure yet. These stupid rants of mine will be so embarrassing to read 6 months from now.

I found the fake herbal stuff. Jury is still out. Old fashioned round mints seems to be working best for me.

Having trouble with focus on my school work. This was not a problem when using. Gotta figure this one out and quick. Finals are next week, nursing school is hard and expensive.

Thanks so far for the support. Only 2 days in and already got a text of encouragement.

It is my weakest time of day..... I am still quit.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
You can do this! For the rage- take some time for yourself. Tell the wife you will need it read about the addiction, here on the site at the welcome center. Read quitters intros too. Exercise. Water water water! I quit with you.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Take........Deep.......Breaths.

It's gonna suck for a bit then it won't. I was busier than a beaver building a damn my first week of quit. Hang in there.

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
Hey Medi, glad you found this site.. Drink lots of water... I have gum, seeds, hardcandy, cinnamon toothpicks, and fake shit all at my disposal every day.. Its my nic first aid kit.. Get some stuff together and keep yourself busy,busy... I quit 54 days ago and will never go back to that person I once was. You chose freedom today, but you will have to earn it and its gonna be a tough week.. Lean on your brothers in your quit group and expand your support system... Think only about the current quit day, never more than the present... You will deal with tomorrow as soon as you wake up tomorrow! I QLF with you today!

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
THe rage sucks. My son has been very good at disobeying today. Of all days to pluck my nerves. Now he is in bed. As long as he goes to sleep all will be well.

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Quote from: Medicff
Well.... today is the day. Did roll call. Hope its right.
I started smoking when in high school. Switched to dip when I was a volunteer firefighter. Stayed with dip because of the stealth.
I am a full time paramedic and firefighter. 'fireman' Full time nursing student also. Married 7 years. One step-daughter and one son. Ages 11 and 4.
Over the years I have used Kodiak, Timberwolf, Grizzly, but most recently Copenhagen Wintergreen. 1/2 to 1 can per day.
Why quit? Well..... I can think of many reasons to quit. I guess I just hit my limit and I'm sick of it.
Sports: Not really into team or professional sports. I ride adventure motorcycles when I can or ride mountain bikes. My current hobbies are homework and house work........ yay.
Welcome Medicff,
Sometimes in the frenzy of taking care of others, we forget about ourselves. We don't eat right, don't exercise enough, maybe drink too much and don't get enough sleep. We thought we were exempt, above the laws of nature and poisoned ourselves to help deal with the "stress" all the while creating more by our choices. We do these things knowing full well the result, robbing our families of our time, shortening our lives and stealing our money... lots of it.
Your choice to quit every single day is an all or nothing venture. Don't let us down and we will do the same. There isn't much you can't do once you set your mind to it. Call, text or PM if you have any questions. Get to know the folks in your group. Get some numbers and don't turn your back on them. Put as much effort into your quit as you would anything else worth doing. Welcome to freedom!
Thanks cope.... I really think you summed up my delay in quitting. Too busy, too much stress. Working 48-72 hours per week, school full time, trying to take care of the family, church etc I tried to say I had too much to do to prepare myself for success or too much stress. Well.... its time to take care of this little problem in my life.

Little background:
Wife had cancer. Had surgery last year. I am in school because I was faced with "what if...." Well. She is well now but refused many treatments. I don't know how long we will have. Hope till I am old. My kids won't see that with both parents if I can help it.

The first day sucks and so does the fog. I'm ok. Stuffing the stupid peppermints in like crazy.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
This is the place to rage. Say what you want because the nic bitch wants her slave back, but the KTC knows this, whereas other folks may not. So you can tell me to eat a dick and I will still be quit with you, because I promised all of you 8 hours ago I would not use nicotine today.
Thumble, can I tell you to eat a dick? Not offering, just asking.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
This is the place to rage. Say what you want because the nic bitch wants her slave back, but the KTC knows this, whereas other folks may not. So you can tell me to eat a dick and I will still be quit with you, because I promised all of you 8 hours ago I would not use nicotine today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »
I can tell the rage already. I hope simply knowing this will help me stop before I run the family off. I know it will be hard. Kids are already plucking my nerves and I have only been awake for 2.5 hrs.
Hey Medic, if you can go find my intro you will see my rage. We all do it. Hell, go read Sappers, I haven't seen rage and whininess mixed together so well in like forever. Just remember, Sapper, me, Loot, AJ, Doc, we all raged but we held tight. We don't take it personally and you shouldn't either. We understand and you need to understand. We just QUIT, no matter what, we quit together and we rage together. Brotherhood at its best here. If you ever leave this site all pissed off at another member, just remember where he or you might be and what might be causing the rage. Fuck the Nic Bitch, right up her dark, loose, hairy ass. And Fuck her owner that distributes her poison to you, me, and our children. Get your quit on brother, get pissed, Never, Never go back, don't let them take your money or your health. Defend your position til the end and you won't regret a moment. You may rage, but it will be worth it. I'm quit with you brother.

Mogul

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
You are about to have the cleanest house in the neighborhood.
This is so friggin true. Your neighbors will hate you but your wife will love you for so many reasons. Biggest of all is staying committed one day at a time. The first days it's important to keep your head down and stay busy. No down time at all. It's not the time to take on projects that require thinking or power tools. Thoughts zip in and out so quick you can't keep track. Wierd shit too, things you would never really think about.

Stay busy in the day, read every corner of this site at night. Your wife will get used to it, and she'll be your biggest fan. I quit with you today.

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
I can tell the rage already. I hope simply knowing this will help me stop before I run the family off. I know it will be hard. Kids are already plucking my nerves and I have only been awake for 2.5 hrs.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Thanks Mogul and Loot. I had made the choice to quit a while ago but today is the day. I can be real stubborn so I know I will win. I can also be an ass so what condition I'm in when I am done with the rage etc could be interesting.
Rage can be fun in chat, intros, or text messages. Do your best to keep quit rage from the family. We get it, they don't. We can take it.

Offline Mike_RSG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-26
  • Interests: Sports and movies
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
You can do this brother! Stay on the site, and don't be afraid to reach out for help. I am only 53 days into my quit, but I feel a lot better. The cravings will be there for a while, but you will be stronger every day, and you will overcome this addiction. You got this!
"We could be heroes, just for one day" - Bowie

"Neither party is mine, not the jackass or the elephant" - Chuck D

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
You are about to have the cleanest house in the neighborhood. You will need to stay busy and if cleaning is your thing, well, get ready. Start by getting rid of your nasty ass spit cups. You know the ones and also, get rid of the hidden cans in the underwear drawer etc. flush them, don't throw them in the trash. Flush the shit so you are not dumpster diving later today. Have you really made the decision to quit?? Are you quit?? Ask yourself this because we don't have room for some half assed excuses here as to why you went out and bought a can and packed your lip with the bitches poison.

We here at KTC are on your team. You are going to have some awesome quitters here to help. Get involved as much as you can. Get to know the members of your quit group. This will make your quit more enjoyable and much more likely to succeed.

Mogul
This guy, ^^^^, mogul will tell you like it is just like any other quitter on here. He was the first to reach out to me on Feb 28th, 2014. That is my quit date and I can honestly say they have been the best 79 days I have had in a long time.

Listen to these guys and gals. They know what you are going through now and will go through. We have all been there, done that.

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
Thanks to all of you guys. I don't feel alone. I had made the choice to quit a while ago but today is the day. I can be real stubborn so I know I will win. I can also be an ass so what condition I'm in when I am done with the rage etc could be interesting.