Author Topic: First Day Introduction  (Read 7173 times)

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
Re: First Day Introduction
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2016, 06:01:00 AM »
Ben - May the memories of Jodi and the the love of family embrace you and give you strength.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2016, 12:10:00 AM »
I'm terribly sorry for your loss, brother. My thoughts will be with you and your family in this incredibly difficult time.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2060
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »
Ben, may you find some kind of comfort in good memories and loving friends and family. May God grant you Peace.
My heart goes out to you and sorrows for your loss on this earth. Continued prayers.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2016, 11:20:00 PM »
My most sincere thoughts and prayers to you and your family. May you all find some peace.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 11:17:00 PM »
My brother, my heart is very heavily burdened for you and yours tonight. I'm so sorry, please accept my condolences. May God lift your sorrows and let you see that he only lets us borrow his angels here for a short time but we can spend eternity with them in a land that's far better than what we call home. God bless!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of her passing Ben. Heck of a woman to be able to express herself comfortably in a public forum with such honesty and grace. Praying for you to be at peace in the coming days.

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
From my facebook post today:

Well friends here is the hardest post I have ever had to make. Jodi left us today to be with The Great Physician. I miss her already. She helped me grow spiritually in ways I never knew I could.
Visitation will be 3:30-5pm this Saturday August 13 at Salem Church of Christ. Service will be at 5 with food after.
Instead of flowers please donate to the Salem Church of Christ worship team fund. She was very active and passionate about this ministry.
Below is the scripture and photo from her cell phone wallpaper and the other was the most recent good day photo I have which is how she wants us to remember her.
Ben Flinchum's photo.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Smeds
Positive vibes sent your way bro as you guys deal with this insidious disease. Fuck cancer.
May God be with you and your family.
Wow! You have an amazing woman. God bless her , you and the family! I cried as I was reading but towards the end a huge smile came across my face because that little woman knows she's going to heaven. Be as strong as you can my friend and your family will be added to my prayer list, thanks for sharing and God bless
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Positive vibes sent your way bro as you guys deal with this insidious disease. Fuck cancer.
May God be with you and your family.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2016, 08:35:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »
Thinking about you guys today, Ben.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
Ben - I know we've been getting updates on our text group, but hearing that directly from your wife was unbelievable. You both are an inspiration for all of us to hug our loved ones tight every day.

Proud to quit with you every day. Hope you guys can enjoy some time in OBX.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:00 AM »
With you always brother. Your wife is incredibly brave and strong. You have been a rock to help her through. I hope your wife, you, and your family find peace. Always here for you, Ben.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
Your wife is one hell of an inspiration Medic. I pray for her, for you and your family. I hope you all find a semblance of peace and grace in such a trying time.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
Quote from: JGlav
Quote from: kdip
Prayers for you and you wife Medic!!! All I can say at this point I am so sorry your family is having to go through this at such a young age. I hope you have put her on hospice by now. My wife works in hospice and they are very special caring people. From reading her posts you wife is very strong in her faith and that is a big asset especially now!!!
WOW. Prayers for you and your wife. I pray her pain and suffering are eased in the next phase. Stay strong my friend!
my god. i pray for you and your family and the suffering you all must be going through.