Author Topic: DAY 1 - LET'S DO IT!!!  (Read 2892 times)

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DAY 1 - LET'S DO IT!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: mattyf118
Sparrow - Day 96 - Congrats, Woz and Evil (should have been Pinched)!!!
The above was posted on Tuesday 10/22/13; I changed the QAS because his indicated cave was either 10/18 or 10/19 per his note.

Pinched
So what you're saying is...he's a liar?
Well after looking at the facts from yesterday yeah that is what I am saying. He may have been quit again yesterday but he posted day 96.
Then he's got some explaining to do. 'Popcorn'
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
The above was posted on Tuesday 10/22/13; I changed the QAS because his indicated cave was either 10/18 or 10/19 per his note.

Pinched
He caved over the weekend and continued posting so yes he's a liar. Also, I have the answers to his HOF questions that he sent to me on the 21st, Monday. He came clean to his wife over the weekend but continued to post roll and lie.

That being said I want to say this to Sparrow, I caved. No shit. My join date is 2011, I posted 141 today in 2013. I know all about giving up, stopping. Nicotine is no shit the worst thing I can ever do to myself and family besides dying and canceling my life insurance. I told you to think about those 3 questions long and hard. Please go read mine. It took me more than a few minutes to fully answer them. I first posted some short quick responses and thought that would fly.

What I am saying is that you don't have your mind straight to quit. That means NEVER EVER FUCKIN EVER FUCKIN SHIT NEVER AGAIN.

Redo your answers to reflect how you changed since caving. Your head wasn't straight then what made that light bulb go off today or did it?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

Pinched
Well after looking at the facts from yesterday yeah that is what I am saying. He may have been quit again yesterday but he posted day 96.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »

Pinched
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
(Sparrow @ Oct 23, 2013, 8:56 am)
Well, Duck FipsÂ…I effed it up.

This past weekend I was drinking with some old buddies I donÂ’t see very often, all of which are tobacco users, and didnÂ’t prepare myself properly. Went into the situation without much thought towards how to help myself resist the temptation, drank just enough to not care, and threw my 93 days out the window. I had a pinch. Granted I did not keep it there long, and, in all honesty, it actually did not taste good, but I still did it.

What I did NOT do though was go buy a tin the next day, or the day after that, and I told my wife instead of hiding it like I would have in the past. So even though I f*cked it up, I still learned something from the past three months with you DUCK FIPS. THANK YOU!!!

Lessons learned:

1. ALWAYS have a plan. DonÂ’t let your guard down.
2. DonÂ’t rely on your friends who are under the seductive net of the nic bitch to not give it to you when you ask.
3. DonÂ’t hide it.

Back to Day 4 today, and I will be joining the January quit group – which will actually put my quit date two days before my 29th birthday.

Going to miss being a DUCK FIP!!! Take 'er easy, fellers...and thank you.

-Sparrow 

Hey bud I hate to hear that you caved. I am glad that you owned up to it and did so in the October group. January 14 embrace this quitter he made it to within a week of his HOF, then caved like a normal addict can.

Sparrow, I will quit with you every damn day and I hope to see you hit that HOF because form experience it is a very special day. My biggest advice to you is this time use the site for more than the minimum.

Pinched
I've tracked this down to your old group, your new group and this group. You've answered, for the most part the first two but I believe you didn't answer question three.

I'm glad your quit, I believe everyone is glad you are but no one gets a pass without answering and should be your ticket back.

(1) What happened to make you cave?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you gonna do differently in this quit, to avoid the same thing happening?

PM me if you need assistance and I'll be glad to help!
Sparrow, when the cave happened, did you post roll that day? The answer you give is very important.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »

This past weekend I was drinking with some old buddies I donÂ’t see very often, all of which are tobacco users, and didnÂ’t prepare myself properly. Went into the situation without much thought towards how to help myself resist the temptation, drank just enough to not care, and threw my 93 days out the window. I had a pinch. Granted I did not keep it there long, and, in all honesty, it actually did not taste good, but I still did it.

What I did NOT do though was go buy a tin the next day, or the day after that, and I told my wife instead of hiding it like I would have in the past. So even though I f*cked it up, I still learned something from the past three months with you DUCK FIPS. THANK YOU!!!

Lessons learned:

2. DonÂ’t rely on your friends who are under the seductive net of the nic bitch to not give it to you when you ask.
3. DonÂ’t hide it.

Back to Day 4 today, and I will be joining the January quit group – which will actually put my quit date two days before my 29th birthday.

-Sparrow 

Hey bud I hate to hear that you caved. I am glad that you owned up to it and did so in the October group. January 14 embrace this quitter he made it to within a week of his HOF, then caved like a normal addict can.

Sparrow, I will quit with you every damn day and I hope to see you hit that HOF because form experience it is a very special day. My biggest advice to you is this time use the site for more than the minimum.

Pinched
I've tracked this down to your old group, your new group and this group. You've answered, for the most part the first two but I believe you didn't answer question three.

I'm glad your quit, I believe everyone is glad you are but no one gets a pass without answering and should be your ticket back.

(1) What happened to make you cave?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you gonna do differently in this quit, to avoid the same thing happening?

PM me if you need assistance and I'll be glad to help!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »

Lessons learned:

3. DonÂ’t hide it.

-Sparrow 

Pinched

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Dorr1973
Day 3 of quit. 77 hours in. 23 years straight of Kodak and Gris.. Today's been a bitch. Worked out For a good 2 hours which helped. Been chewing alot of the fake smokey mountain stuff, seems to be helping. will make it to tomorrow.
Thanks,

Stephen
Dorr1973

awesome to have you- go post up in the quit group for October and make your very own intro thread. Need anything send me a PM and I will give you hand on navigating this site of awesome quit.

Offline Dorr1973

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
Day 3 of quit. 77 hours in. 23 years straight of Kodak and Gris.. Today's been a bitch. Worked out For a good 2 hours which helped. Been chewing alot of the fake smokey mountain stuff, seems to be helping. will make it to tomorrow.
Thanks,

Stephen

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Great to see you here. You have started the BEST thing you will ever do for yourself. You have QUIT. Quit one day at a time. Post roll every morning.
NICK

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Great choice, Sparrow. Post roll, fight like hell to keep your word, and repeat. One day at a time, brother...ONE DAY AT A TIME. You can do this!!!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Sparrow
So my wife stumbled across the KTC community while looking for some help for me and I am really glad she did. This is hands down the best thing to have on my side for kicking this nasty ass habit that would no doubt kill me someday. I am really excited to get plugged in with you guys and have really been encouraged by those who have reached out to me already. Thanks for all you guys do and can't wait to get to know yall better!
Well Sparrow hug your wife she did the first step in saving your life. Now the rest is up to you. You gotta want this more than life itself. It wont be easy I wont lie to you its going to suck.

Above is the welcome center in the salmon colored text go there read. You will need to listen learn read read read. You will need to arm yourself with the tools and knowledge you need to defend yourself against the NIC bitch when she comes to get her slave back.

you are in october group...if you havent done so go post role.

this is a nicotine free sight none in any form.

tell us more about yourself.

pm me if you need help
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Sparrow

• Quitter
DAY 1 - LET'S DO IT!!!
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
So my wife stumbled across the KTC community while looking for some help for me and I am really glad she did. This is hands down the best thing to have on my side for kicking this nasty ass habit that would no doubt kill me someday. I am really excited to get plugged in with you guys and have really been encouraged by those who have reached out to me already. Thanks for all you guys do and can't wait to get to know yall better!

Day 1: 10/20/2013

""The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.?
Ironman7175

"To put off your old self,
Which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,
And to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
And to put on the new self,
Created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness
."
Ephesians 4:22-24

"The only easy day was yesterday."
United States Navy SEALs