Author Topic: Here goes....  (Read 969 times)

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here goes....
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Quote from: ntfd206
Hey all,

names aaron. i tried this site about 3 years ago, and pussed out. Been on the can about 5 years, can a day. Im 26 years old, newly married and a 3 month old baby boy at home. Its time im done with it. Im doing for me, and for them.
Here is my advice brother: Post roll and be a man of your word. Have a back up plan espically at the firehouse. Firemen are good guys but the peer pressure is not always good. Get ready to say no and be strong about it.

Get digits from your group. Lift each other up.

Hate the nic bitch. You have to HATE it to be successful.

Be safe out there brother.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »
Quote from: ntfd206
Hey all,

names aaron. i tried this site about 3 years ago, and pussed out. Been on the can about 5 years, can a day. Im 26 years old, newly married and a 3 month old baby boy at home. Its time im done with it. Im doing for me, and for them.
You failed before because you were not ready to quit...
I'm not sure your convinced this time either.
Sounds good... Baby and all...
BUT,
How about you tell us why you like tobacco?
When and why you started.
Share some information with us.
You have a chance to get some great advice here with professional Quitters.
Let's figure this out.
What say you Aaron?
'Popcorn'
Not being mean or rude ... Just truly wanting to help you.
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: gb321
Congrats man you got this. Get involved and get some numbers, it'll only help. This will get easier along the way. It's tough at first but it smoothes out. Best of luck. You got this.
You pussed once don't pus again. If you post roll be a man of your word! Keep your promise that day and every damn day that you post and you will defeat the bitch but you gotta want it! Look at your kid and say dad's doing something today so he can be here tomorrow. ..
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
Congrats man you got this. Get involved and get some numbers, it'll only help. This will get easier along the way. It's tough at first but it smoothes out. Best of luck. You got this.

Offline gargoose

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-10
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Welcome, Aaron. Did you post roll and get involved 3 years ago?

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »
Welcome back Aaron. When you said you tried the site 3 years ago, what does that mean?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 04:30:00 AM »
Post roll every mornin before you piss. Make some friends. It's the only way.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline corwinkb

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-07
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
Think of the example you're setting for the kid, and think of the benefits and positives you will gain from quitting. If you are truly ready and willing to suffer through the suck than you will succeed. But remember it isn't something you can do by yourself (if you could you wouldn't be here). Lean on your brothers for support and always ask for help in a time of weakness. I am new to the quit as well. About 4 days in but I am already feeling like a new person. I can sleep at night, I can go for a car ride without jamming my lip full of shit and I am already starting to feel better.

It only takes a couple days of true commitment to get the ball rolling, if you can get past the suck than you will be well on your way my friend!
My Introduction Thread Click Here

My HOF Speech Click Here

Offline ntfd206

• Quit Date: 2015-03-11
  • Interests: Firefighter, husband, father. I enjoy fishing, hunting, Colts football, my family, my God, my country, and being on the lake in the summer.
Here goes....
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
Hey all,