Author Topic: Intro: Recovering Lips/ where am I?  (Read 739 times)

Offline rustaf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2011-04-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro: Recovering Lips/ where am I?
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Hey swash, what is this shit posting "done" in roll? Either give your day count or explain what's up.

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Welcome! I see you posted your Day 7 Quit in Roll Call. That's awesome! Be sure to post Roll Call first thing in the morning. Remember, by doing so, you are giving your word that you will will not use nic for that day. Then just get through that one day. Hour by hour if you have to. Keep your word and post Roll again. It makes all the difference. I have been using Smokey Mountain to help get me through this and it has helped. You have an awesome group of Quitters all around you and we are Quit with you. If I can help in any way do not hesitate to contact me. Your Quit makes ours that much better. Proud to be Quit with you. Today I posted Roll Call and today I am Quit. (Day 9) Peace

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Welcome Swash, congrats on your choice!

First off, let's change "pretty sure I can quit" to "I have made the decision, I am quit". Post roll call early everday, keep that promise for 24 hours, then repeat. Simple and effective. Will it be hard? Hell yes. Mostly likely the hardest thing you will ever do. I can promise you it will be worth the effort.

As far a the pissing matches, take what you need, leave the rest. These little spats are a way of channeling the rage brought on by quitting. Better to do that here than at home a the wife and kids.

Remember how shitty you feel right now, remember it well. If you stick with us you will never have to feel that way ever again.

Most of all, shout if you need anything.

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 05:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Swash
Howdy.
My name is Eric. I go by Swash.
I chewed fervently for 14 years. Cope then Kodiak then Cope then Kodiak.
I am on Day 6 of quitting.
I remember the day I started. I was 27 and very depressed...very.
I'm pretty sure I can quit. Frankly, I am worried about getting depressed again. I got a lot more going on in my life now. A wife and a daughter, a career.

I've bounced around this board and I've seen a lot pissing contests by people that don't even know each other. I'm not interested in that. I'm just tryin not to chew.
straight up.
quit.

I'm foggy as hell.
Night times are the most difficult for me right now.
I'm chewin herbs, suckin on cloves, not thinkin straight, gettin pissed off...
I'm thinkin' how I feel now is not fuckin cool at all.
My lips are still healing from the beating I gave 'em.
I do believe I will balance out but FUCK...I've had very little shift since Day 1.

that's all for now.
I do appreciate that you all have quit too.

Swash
If you are having problems with depression or anxiety while you are going through this, you should see a doctor. They can prescribe Wellbutrin or Chantix to help you out. I was prescribed Wellbutrin and it has helped me through this significantly.

You are not alone.

Offline rustaf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2011-04-01
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
Howdy.
I'm pretty sure I can quit. Frankly, I am worried about getting depressed again. I got a lot more going on in my life now. A wife and a daughter, a career.

I've bounced around this board and I've seen a lot pissing contests by people that don't even know each other. I'm not interested in that. I'm just tryin not to chew.
straight up.
quit.

I'm foggy as hell.
I do believe I will balance out but FUCK...I've had very little shift since Day 1.

that's all for now.

Swash
It does get better man. Pissing matches aside; this is an amazing resource to help you get rid of that shit once and for all so you can be there for your wife and daughter. If you aren't getting help for the depression do so now, because there are some serious funks in your future getting your addicted brain healthy. Post roll, quit today, keep your promise, lather, rinse, repeat.

Offline CORNWALLACE

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:21:00 AM »
Howdy.

straight up.
quit.

I'm foggy as hell.

that's all for now.

Swash
Swash - tomorrow you will have an amazing breakthrough - ok maybe not - truth is - you are one quit mofo - and believe it - you are a better man not dipping - don't believe the lies that you are "missing something" - it's crap - lies of the devil. You have quit before and what did you learn: each time you go back....do you get better? no - you can't go back - you know what is there waiting for you - break free - it's time - we are walking with you, Eric - we are the Tornadoes of Quit Jackassery - your July brothers and we will die for you to quit. Corn

Offline Swash

Intro: Recovering Lips/ where am I?
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
Howdy.

straight up.
quit.

I'm foggy as hell.

that's all for now.

Swash