Author Topic: First Attempt at Quitting  (Read 955 times)

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: First Attempt at Quitting
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Frobozz
Quote from: TonyDaQuitter
Thanks guys. I now realize luck may not have been the appropriate word. So far the quit is going pretty good. The more I read these forums the more inspiration I get. It's been just a bit over 36 hours, the hours between 12 and 34 or so, went pretty easy but the fog is finally starting to kick in. To be honest the cravings haven't been that bad either but I'm sure they are coming. Time to see what hour 37 brings.
Excellent! For the record, all nicotine will be out of your body within 72 hours of your last nico-fix. From then on in, it's all mind over matter. You got this one, bro.
Damn right you got this bro. Get active, be a leader in your group. Post support in a few Vet months. They'll notice, trust me... and you'll be surprised the support they'll give back

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I now realize luck may not have been the appropriate word. So far the quit is going pretty good. The more I read these forums the more inspiration I get. It's been just a bit over 36 hours, the hours between 12 and 34 or so, went pretty easy but the fog is finally starting to kick in. To be honest the cravings haven't been that bad either but I'm sure they are coming. Time to see what hour 37 brings.
Excellent! For the record, all nicotine will be out of your body within 72 hours of your last nico-fix. From then on in, it's all mind over matter. You got this one, bro.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 01:31:00 AM »
I was in the fog for a few weeks. It takes the body a while to recover from nicotine poison. Stick with it and you will never need to go through this BS again!

Offline TonyDaQuitter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2620-12-19
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
No luck from me, but since you are on roll, I'll quit all day long with you!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Accountability is better than luck any day. You can find that if you start posting roll every day HERE.

I'm glad that you didn't wait until the new year. Bad asses don't wait for a quit date - bad asses quit today.

I quit with you today. B)B
No quit dates or schedule. Just quit. Post roll read up and get on with the freedom. I'll quit with you today

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:56:00 AM »
Accountability is better than luck any day. You can find that if you start posting roll every day HERE.

I'm glad that you didn't wait until the new year. Bad asses don't wait for a quit date - bad asses quit today.

I quit with you today. B)B

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
Hello everyone, im Tony. I'm new to this forum and really like the positivity that I see on here. So anyways, I woke up today and like any other day I threw in a dip and hopped in the shower. The difference with today is that I have not touched my can since then. As long as I can hold off for the rest of the night when I wake up I will be 24 hours nicotine free. I have been dipping mostly grizzly mint for the past 6 years. I have never tried to quit before but I did once go 7 days without, due to circumstances out of my control. I was planning on a New Years quit date but decided now is as good a time as any. Wish me luck ;)
Tony,

Firstly, let me extend to you my sincere greetings. My name is Jim; I've been nicotine-clean since 11 November 2016. Smoked cigarettes since 1991, switched to dip in 2007 for reasons that I can't remember. When I got a mouthful of cavities, including three root canals, I decided 'to hell with all damn tobacco entirely' and quit on 11 November 2016.

Secondly, luck - as I understand the term - is 'circumstances outside our control that shape our destiny'. Whether or not you stay quit is YOUR choice. It is within your control to tuck that quid in your lip or not...or light that smoke...or sniff that snuff. It's my choice, too. I'm a grown man now. Speaking of being a grownup...my paternal grandfather said that one of the traits of the adult is the ability to prioritize what we want MOST ahead of what we want NOW. What you do is of course your own business; I neither have nor desire authority over you. But as for me, I will take the adult choice...and what I want most is to be free from the chains of nicotine addiction forever.

Lastly, if you haven't yet discarded that infernal little can of tobacco, may I suggest you do that now? One thing, though...if your toilet connects to a septic tank, DO NOT flush that tobacco, as the nicotine will play hell with the bacteria in that tank, leading to some truly unpleasant results. If you don't believe me, ask any plumber.

Offline SoccerJack

• Quitter
  • Not a HOF Conductor
  • Quit Date: 12/22/16 at 5pm
  • Interests: Stuff and things.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
Luck will be no use on days 2, 3, or 400. However, I will wish it to you anyway. 'aqua' Ha!

Offline TonyDaQuitter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2620-12-19
First Attempt at Quitting
« on: December 26, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
Hello everyone, im Tony. I'm new to this forum and really like the positivity that I see on here. So anyways, I woke up today and like any other day I threw in a dip and hopped in the shower. The difference with today is that I have not touched my can since then. As long as I can hold off for the rest of the night when I wake up I will be 24 hours nicotine free. I have been dipping mostly grizzly mint for the past 6 years. I have never tried to quit before but I did once go 7 days without, due to circumstances out of my control. I was planning on a New Years quit date but decided now is as good a time as any. Wish me luck ;)