Author Topic: 24 Hours of Hell  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 24 Hours of Hell
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: JeremyDallas
Erussell,

Thanks for the kind words, and you are right. To hell with hopes and dreams. I made the decision to start this crap and I made the decision to end it. I joined the August roll call and am ready to hit my day 2 mark.
72 hours and the shit is out of your system....then its a mind fuck from there on in....you got this. Quit for today. Grab your balls and step the fuck up....you got this....
Hang on this is one hell of a ride! One comment, it is extremely important that you distinguish a addiction from a habit. You will always be an addict. A habit can be broken (like picking your nose) but if you EVER take a nicotine into your body you will be back where you were when you quit (a pathetic slave)! Slip up and put your finger in your nose doesn't lead to nose picking slavery.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Quote from: JeremyDallas
Erussell,

Thanks for the kind words, and you are right. To hell with hopes and dreams. I made the decision to start this crap and I made the decision to end it. I joined the August roll call and am ready to hit my day 2 mark.
72 hours and the shit is out of your system....then its a mind fuck from there on in....you got this. Quit for today. Grab your balls and step the fuck up....you got this....
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
Erussell,

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Jeremy. First quit. To hell with hope. We hope we escape cancer. We decide if we use nicotine. You are going to be in hell for a few days or so. It is called the suck by the vets around here. I had a really hard time. I was confused for 5 days. Couldn't concentrate for shit. For you who knows how long. go to the welcome center and learn how to post roll. Post roll and make your promise to quit every day. You will be in the August group. I am in August and I am glad to quit with you man!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline JeremyDallas

24 Hours of Hell
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
I guess first things first, my name is Jeremy and I have been addicted to the can for close to 9 years now. I have finally had enough and decided that I am done with the can (hopefully). I am officially 24 hours into my new life, and holy hell it has been rough. I made it through the first part of today just fine, then got terrible news at work and have been sitting on the edge ready to blow up at someone since. Does anyone have any quick advice on how to talk myself off the edge? Any advice other than get up do a lap and bring your seeds with you lol?

Anyways, I am looking forward to a new life free of this terrible habit and am just glad that I made it past day one.

Jeremy