Author Topic: 24 Hours of Hell  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 24 Hours of Hell
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
Quote from: JeremyDallas
Thanks for the check-up! I'm in this thing for the long haul though and not going anywhere!
Good to know, like a school of sardines. Ten and the dolphins are gonna get them. Like ten of us the nic bitch is gonna get one of us at least, that's not good odds for you or I. 100 of us = unlikely you or I gonna get bit lol. All jokes aside its good to have you on the team and I hope you make it. I am actually betting on it. I quit with you tomorrow.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the check-up! I'm in this thing for the long haul though and not going anywhere!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Just wanted to b sure your still with us Brother! Awesome!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
That's weird... this is the second time today I have posted roll and my name isn't on the list anymore lol. Anyways another day is almost in the books and I am still quit with you.
I think there is a roll call ghost.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
That's weird... this is the second time today I have posted roll and my name isn't on the list anymore lol. Anyways another day is almost in the books and I am still quit with you.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Jeramy Dont forget to go post roll. I quit with you today.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Well my previous addiction wasn't with alcohol but I can assure you that this has been much harder to quit. I was able to justify my last quit with the other substance by saying, "well I still have dip" and honestly, it helped take my mind off things. This on the other hand is different. I don't have anything else to fall back on, and nicotine is a real bitch. The physical dependency along with the mind games so far really fucking suck, but I'm done paying for something to kill me. I think in the end it comes down to that for everyone. Once I reached that stage that I was really done with this shit, I am just too stubborn to give up on that.

This may not make a whole lot of sense since my mind is still kind of messed up lol, but I hope that answers what your asking.
It does thanks. Its one thing to read that this is the most addictive drug known to man. Its another to hear it from someone that's been around the block. Everyone I've talked to had agreed..... Nicotine is the hardest.

Saying all that, addiction sucks! I say to hell with addiction.

Sorry i got the alcohol wrong,,, i should have read more carefully. You need anything pm me. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Well my previous addiction wasn't with alcohol but I can assure you that this has been much harder to quit. I was able to justify my last quit with the other substance by saying, "well I still have dip" and honestly, it helped take my mind off things. This on the other hand is different. I don't have anything else to fall back on, and nicotine is a real bitch. The physical dependency along with the mind games so far really fucking suck, but I'm done paying for something to kill me. I think in the end it comes down to that for everyone. Once I reached that stage that I was really done with this shit, I am just too stubborn to give up on that.

This may not make a whole lot of sense since my mind is still kind of messed up lol, but I hope that answers what your asking.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
Nebraska I hear you on missing the serenity part. There is something just peaceful about the sober life that I'm not sure you really appreciate until you have been on the opposite side of things. Good luck and stay quit this time!

Today was a little bit easier then yesterday... I think lol? The fog has definitely set in, but I just got back from the gym and am feeling great at the moment.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for their support/advice. This place really does seem like an awesome group of people and I feel extremely luck that I found it.
Jeremy,, welcome. I've never had an alcohol problem, so i have question. I know both are very addicting, just wondering which one is the hardest to quit. I've asked this question before and found the answer to be revealing. i think it's good for people to hear the truth from people that have been there done that. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
Nebraska I hear you on missing the serenity part. There is something just peaceful about the sober life that I'm not sure you really appreciate until you have been on the opposite side of things. Good luck and stay quit this time!

Today was a little bit easier then yesterday... I think lol? The fog has definitely set in, but I just got back from the gym and am feeling great at the moment.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for their support/advice. This place really does seem like an awesome group of people and I feel extremely luck that I found it.

Offline nebraskadad58

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Wt57,

Thank you for the support. I am very aware of the difference having quit another substance before this (it will be 3 years next month). I am determined though. I will not let this bitch kill me. I made it through today and I will make it through tomorrow!
Jeremy,

I've been sober for 27 years as well as clean from nose candy and weed. I was clean off Nic from 89 to 2003, and been off and on for the last ten years.

Now I am 40 hours into my quit, and trying to get some serenity back in my life.
I pissed away the trust of my spouse, she was truly harmed by my ninja dipping.

I am not at a point were I can make amends yet. I need to focus on the quit as they call it here.
Quit Day - May 6 2013
Sobriety Date: January 6, 1986

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Erussell,

Thanks for the kind words, and you are right. To hell with hopes and dreams. I made the decision to start this crap and I made the decision to end it. I joined the August roll call and am ready to hit my day 2 mark.
Hell yea! You are the type of Badass I am happy to be quitting with! Now I will pm you my info. If you need anything you pm me. You are a BA man! I quit with you!!!

Offline manny88

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Whats up Jeremy. I'd like to show my support to your quit. I'm on Day 51 today and trust me, it gets much much much better. You will have a lot more respect for yourself, you will be empowered to do other things you thought you could never do. Here are some of the things that helped me a lot.

-Chat room
-Lots, I mean lots of water
-Exercise (Running)
-Reading hall of fame speeches
-Showing support to others (major)
-Listening to veterans

YOU CAN DO IT! I QUIT WITH YOU TODAY!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
Wt57,

Thank you for the support. I am very aware of the difference having quit another substance before this (it will be 3 years next month). I am determined though. I will not let this bitch kill me. I made it through today and I will make it through tomorrow!

Welcome bro! Reading this post tells me you know what resolve is. So... Strap it on and do it again! You know what you need to do man. Post your roll with your group each day and keep your word to that group. Get to know as many as you can... Life is gonna be upside down for awhile and these people are your lifeline! You need ANYTHING... You feelin' like you can't hold on... You need to vent... Let someone know! We've been there, hell, some of us are still there. You got this man... Rock it! PM me if you have any questions or... For any reason!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JeremyDallas

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Wt57,