Author Topic: 36 hours quit  (Read 848 times)

Offline polybeerist

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/27/16
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 36 hours quit
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
Please hold on. You're half way through the worst of it.

My first 72 hours were pure hell. After that, it started getting better.

I celebrated the small milestones. A week was huge for an 18 year dipper. I still felt bad, but nothing like the first 3 days. Two weeks felt even better. After three weeks, I felt I had a handle on it. I can only advise you to keep yourself busy until bed time.

I just crossed five weeks. The nic demons still try and convince me I can have "just one"...

So far, I haven't even come close to buying a can. The memory of the first 3 days is still fresh; I never want to go through that again.

After 5 weeks, I find that I am sleeping much better. I used to stay up late to have another. I'd wake at 2 or 3 and have a chew.

If you need to talk, PM me for my number.

Offline SamueL

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 02:57:00 AM »
You can do this, man. No matter how long it takes, and no matter what your body tries to do to you, never let yourself believe that things will be better if you go back. The truth is, things will be better if you NEVER go back. You have to walk through hell first to earn a life of freedom.

Please read my intro if there's ever a time when you think you're unable to keep true to your daily promise. I went through an extremely rough quit full of anxiety and depression, like some of my fellow KTC brothers, and the only things that were able to keep me from losing my mind were reading other people's posts, and eventually (once I joined KTC) receiving support from other quitters who understood my concerns.

Feel free to PM anytime the waters get rough.

Sam

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
So what if it does get harder. Reach down, grab your sack and show yourself you can do this no matter what! Quitting has never killed anyone. Continuing on the road you were on 4 days ago has! All 16000 are with you on this, you're never alone just reach out! Quit on! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 11:09:00 AM »
I saw your roll post about it getting harder now on day 4. Hold the line brother, you are just about out of the fog  suck now and that is the nic bitch whispering in your ear to come back to her because she knows that you are about to take a big step towards freedom. We are all addicts so she will always hang around but her whispers nearly disappear with time...........HOLD THE LINE QUITTER!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline ddodge2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-26
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »
You got my phone number, we're quitting together. August2016

Offline mattlock

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-13
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
Hey RJM, glad to see you here. It''s definitely the best decision you will make. Pre-HOF August 2016 Group is your quit group. Get over there and post roll. That is your promise not to use nicotine in ANY form for 24 hours. If you do that and can be a man of your word 24 hours at a time, you will be successful.
Unlike quitting products, total adherence to a personal commitment to not violate the law of addiction provides a 100% guarantee of success. Although obedience may not always be easy, the law is clear, concise and simple - no nicotine today, not one puff, dip or chew!

HOF Speech

1st floor 06/20/2016
2nd floor 09/30/2016

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
Joining is the right thing, quitting is hard, but knowing there are other people quitting with you is powerful. Remember that you have never quit before, only stopped.............join up and you'll see what I mean.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rjm2016

• Quit Date: 2016-04-27
36 hours quit
« on: April 28, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »
Hey folks - I've really been inspired by all the posts and discussion boards on this site...I'm 36 hours into my quit (not my first time) but I've never had a support group and always tried to quit alone. I'm still figuring out how the site works so I can join a "Quit Group". I'll be checking in frequently!