Author Topic: Better late than too late  (Read 946 times)

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Better late than too late
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:00 PM »
You know, there is a Test Thread in Wildcard. You might want to check this out.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline DTJD

• Quit Pro
  • THIS IS NOT SLOW TURKEY. ITS COLD TURKEY
  • Quit Date: Dec 16, 2017
  • Interests: HuntingGolfing
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
'irish' THE Underground Railroad of QUIT 'irish'
'irish' 'irish' March 2018 'irish' 'irish'

Friday, May 18, 2018

MIQs
Missing Quitter /Days Missed

Milestones

XX Days - XXX

XX Weeks - XXX

Ladies and Gentlemen of March
NameDays Quit, Promise, DT discussion
Names are in order by quit dateFind your name and add your promise at the end
RyanRhodes
GreekG91
Gooser77
Cochese598
amp306
Questgame
Skaufmann
jlaverty5874
Srrlgr
Bjacobson99
Johninslp
Ewillia7
Zach08
Kwitdishit
Mr73
NoDipper
Adam4stomp
Josh1978
Husker2
CharlesMay
CMullis95
DTJD
Senatical
xdm45
Addict#1111
Jeffro
Clemte
goldenbulls
SRains918
Texas Chief
Support from other Bad Ass Quitters:
Proud Member of --- 'irish' March 2018 - The Underground Railroad of QUIT 'irish'

Offline DTJD

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
poof
Proud Member of --- 'irish' March 2018 - The Underground Railroad of QUIT 'irish'

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
DTJD,

Congratulations on starting your quit on your own. I did the same but only for 2 weeks.

Welcome to the group.

I share the same bit of advice to all who are new to KTC as this info helped me in my quit.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 882

Offline Cochese598

• Quit Pro
  • Is this thing on?
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 03:32:00 PM »
Quote from: DTJD
Thanks RDB and Eric. Tried to post roll. Hope I did I right.
You did it right. I am from the March quit group. I have added you to our table roll. Please check your PM inbox on top right of page for a message from me. Congrats and Welcome!!!
Proud Member of
  THE Underground Railroad of QUIT March 2018 

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
Dude... BAD ASS. How you quit alone for 45+ days... is miraculous. Make some contacts. Trade numbers. Make friends. Quitting as a team is so much easier and more fun. You arenÂ’t alone here. Others are going thru the same shit as you and we can relate. One day at a time. You wonÂ’t believe the greatness that IÂ’d ahead.

Offline DTJD

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:50:00 AM »
Welcome. Dec 16 puts you in the March ‘18 group. Quitting is a marathon, not a sprint. I’m 751 days into my quit, and post roll daily in my April ‘16 group. That daily promise acts as a shield against the craves that I still get. Once you get good at it, posting roll takes 30 seconds out of your day. Join your group, post roll, stay quit. It’s that simple.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:35:00 AM »
I am 47 years old and dipped for 10+ years. The last six years or so I was up to a roll a week (or more). This is my first real quit. I was sick of hiding it and so tired of feeling ashamed of being an addict. One day I just had enough. I drove to Walgreens and got some cinnamon nic gum. It was December 12th. My plan was to gradually ease off the gum till I was free. A couple days later I was reading up on the gum and I kept finding how people were getting addicted to it. As I dug deeper into that I came across KTC and started reading. I read things like nicotine free site and cold turkey. It made sense so I stopped the gum and went cold turkey on December 16th. I have come to this site nearly everyday since yet never joined. Why? I don't know. What I do know is that I will quit again today, it just won't be alone
Time to hop in and get in a quit group. Do not be afraid of the extra accountability. There will be times when you need to lean and times when others will need to lean on your quit. It's a brotherhood.

Offline DTJD

• Quit Pro
Better late than too late
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »
I am 47 years old and dipped for 10+ years. The last six years or so I was up to a roll a week (or more). This is my first real quit. I was sick of hiding it and so tired of feeling ashamed of being an addict. One day I just had enough. I drove to Walgreens and got some cinnamon nic gum. It was December 12th. My plan was to gradually ease off the gum till I was free. A couple days later I was reading up on the gum and I kept finding how people were getting addicted to it. As I dug deeper into that I came across KTC and started reading. I read things like nicotine free site and cold turkey. It made sense so I stopped the gum and went cold turkey on December 16th. I have come to this site nearly everyday since yet never joined. Why? I don't know. What I do know is that I will quit again today, it just won't be alone