Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1292 times)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
I wanted to say welcome, and good decision! Your intro struck a chord with me, I was such a slave just like you. You've already deep into the struggle-- keep it up, one day at a time. It does get better, I can tell you. You've done great so far and now you are getting some amazing support and advice from some guys who can guide you though it as long as your mind's made up. PM me if you need support and a phone number!
Glad to be quit with you today!
Some bad ass quitters below have laid out the love. Now it's up to you and your resolve. It wont be easy my friend, but, nothing worth while is ever easy!

I quit with you today!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
I wanted to say welcome, and good decision! Your intro struck a chord with me, I was such a slave just like you. You've already deep into the struggle-- keep it up, one day at a time. It does get better, I can tell you. You've done great so far and now you are getting some amazing support and advice from some guys who can guide you though it as long as your mind's made up. PM me if you need support and a phone number!
Glad to be quit with you today!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Glad to have you my friend. I'm going to attempt to clean your mind up a little.
somehow end up going to buy a can and cave  banghead.gif
This ^^^^ mindset needs to change. The word somehow is used in the wrong context. The word that should be placed there is I, because only you are to blame for the cave and continued use. The poison doesn't mysteriously appear in your pie hole. You choose to put the filthy disgusting dirt in your pie hole every time.
sounds stupid but when i look at it every part of my day had it involved.
Not stupid to us my friend. We've all been where you are. That's why this site works. That's why we post roll and use each other to begin winning this battle.
Hoping this time i really do have it in me to stop once and for all and not look back!
This ^^^^^ is one of the reasons me, you and others have failed in the past. We relied on hope. How bad do you want this? Take the first three words and everything out after me (I really do have it in me). Bury this sentence deep within yourself. Post role everyday and quit one day at a time. Use this site, accountability, drive and determination. You can do this, you just have to start believing it. Stop believing the lies the dirt has taught you and start believing the truths of ktc.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »
I used for 20+ years, and was a 2 can a day asshole too. You are 6 days quit so you are winning. You don't need it and never have. Read everything here and learn your enemy. I am 188 days clean right now and I can tell you it gets easier and better as you go. Fight through the hell of the early quit to get to a better place.

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Guitars, and Games
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:35:00 AM »
Brother, just quit! I'm on day 12 now, and I get what you're saying, all of us here do. If I had not of found this site and joined a quit group, I would most likely have a pinch in right now. But it is not worth it, any amount of time you have away from that crap is precious, and every time you want to have some, think of the days you will have wasted, and the people you will have disappointed, including yourself. Everyone on this site is more than willing to encourage you and give you the tough love you need to kill this nic bitch.
"Never tell me the odds!" - Han Solo

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
You've already crossed the threshold into assholedom. May as well roll with it rather than start from scratch at a later date.

It gets better. I'm still an asshole, but after 2,000 days of quitting, I'm learning to hide it.

Congrats on a great decision and welcome!

Offline scrappy

Hello!
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to everyone! Found the site a few days ago, looking to get help  support to keep this crap out of my mouth! Ive tried to quit i don't know how many times and somehow end up going to buy a can and cave 'bang head' I was chewing about 2 cans a day from the first 5 mins i woke up till the time i was getting ready for bed. I always had it in my mouth no matter what. Its all i've known it feels like, i know that sounds stupid but when i look at it every part of my day had it involved. If i was stressed boom-chew, time to wake up-chew, wife yelling at me-chew, watching football-chew, driving-chew, EVERYTHING! Now sitting on day 6 cold turkey, feeling ok not great but just ok. Feel bad for the wife i've been a total dick and felt bat-shit crazy 'Crazy' that alone the feeling of being mean and not being able to stop it almost made me cave and has in the past, said forget this if i chew least ill be nice again. Hoping this time i really do have it in me to stop once and for all and not look back!