Author Topic: First Day  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First Day
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Just too hard!
Damn!
Open your eyes and see the light before it is a surgery light while they remove your jaw!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Just too hard!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: jasonk86
New to site. Today day after my birthday I decided im quitting dipping. Going to try cold turkey and see what happens. Throwing my cans away is hard.
Jason don't set yourself up for failure, "try" and "see what happens" that's bullshit. quit and make it happen! as far as hard throwing your cans away, I get that. A little over 2 years ago I knelt at the toilet and flushed my last 3 cans and cried like a baby, after 40+ years of being a slave. I see you still haven't posted roll, let's get with the program.
Like Wt said, we've all been in those shoes. Faced with pulling the trigger and flushing the can. Agreed, it ain't easy, but nobody said this would be, no bones about it. But if you have taken the time to peruse this site, I'm sure you've seen how we quitters feel about being quit. If you really want to know what that feels like, what it feels like to have freedom and control. Brotherhood and accountability. To live without fear. Pull that trigger (or in this case, the flush handle) and jump into that quit head first, all out, 110%. Post roll and promise yourself and the KTC community that you will not use nicotine for that day. Then repeat, every day. So, no more lallygagging, just do it.
Flushing that shit isn't hard. Getting half of your face cut off is hard. You put yourself here. Do something about it.
Jason, you can really "be quit"...but you gotta really grow a pair...it takes a big pair to admit to being an addict of the poison.
Balls to the wall Mister and you can do this One Day at a Time..period
all perfect advice above from perfect angelic strangers who do care about your addiction...what's it gonna be? Shit or get off the pot...Quit or die. Do or do not, there is no try!
Bring your rage, your tears and your fears...we all had/have them...throw away the diaper put on your badass quitter pants, Now, before it is toooooo late.
Welcome to the best of your life.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
New to site. Today day after my birthday I decided im quitting dipping. Going to try cold turkey and see what happens. Throwing my cans away is hard.
Jason don't set yourself up for failure, "try" and "see what happens" that's bullshit. quit and make it happen! as far as hard throwing your cans away, I get that. A little over 2 years ago I knelt at the toilet and flushed my last 3 cans and cried like a baby, after 40+ years of being a slave. I see you still haven't posted roll, let's get with the program.
Like Wt said, we've all been in those shoes. Faced with pulling the trigger and flushing the can. Agreed, it ain't easy, but nobody said this would be, no bones about it. But if you have taken the time to peruse this site, I'm sure you've seen how we quitters feel about being quit. If you really want to know what that feels like, what it feels like to have freedom and control. Brotherhood and accountability. To live without fear. Pull that trigger (or in this case, the flush handle) and jump into that quit head first, all out, 110%. Post roll and promise yourself and the KTC community that you will not use nicotine for that day. Then repeat, every day. So, no more lallygagging, just do it.
Flushing that shit isn't hard. Getting half of your face cut off is hard. You put yourself here. Do something about it.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Throwing your cans away is not nearly as hard as telling your loved ones you developed cancer from dipping.

There is no such thing as try here. Either do or don't. That simple.

You can do this!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
Welcome. You've made the right choice. Keep in mind, this site is not about trying to quit. It's about flat-out quitting. Cold turkey is the only way to go. It sucks, no denying that, but it's worth it. Post Roll, make your promise daily and keep your word. Simple as that.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Just do it. Read the welcome center ( the link up top ).

Quitting is the best thing you can do and this is the best place to do it.

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jasonk86

• Quit Date: 2019-05-02
First Day
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »