Author Topic: Day 6 of the quit.  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Fuzz

• Quit Date: 2015-06-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 6 of the quit.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 10:03:00 AM »
I suppose I am luckier than some. I was the only one in my group of friends to dip, so it isn't a commodity item there for temptation. No one is currently smoking either (I never smoked for the record). As far as I can tell, only one other person at work dips. I have to put a bit more work into screwing up.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:34:00 AM »
Alright brother, let's buckle down and get some quit on. Let's get pumped and pissed off that that some CEO has been selling you poison with one intention, TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOUR DEATH. WE DONT THINK WE ARE GOING TO QUIT, WE QUIT. end of story. If we die, it is of our own accord not some freaking weed. We are all in for a fight and we are not going to lose. You must declare victory now and then fight for it everyday. Post roll and keep your word and you will win.

Mogul

Offline Brady87

• Quit Date: 2015-07-02
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Fuzz
It is early, I know, but I feel good about it this time. I think the worst part of the physical addiction to nicotine is done. I just have to disconnect the routine things I do during the day from dipping. Like getting in the work truck, I find myself reaching for the can. An altoids tin is there now.
This is awesome news and excatly what I needed. I have been quit one day and neededicated to see a positive outcome.

Offline Fuzz

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
It is early, I know, but I feel good about it this time. I think the worst part of the physical addiction to nicotine is done. I just have to disconnect the routine things I do during the day from dipping. Like getting in the work truck, I find myself reaching for the can. An altoids tin is there now.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Glad to see you post roll fuzz, welcome. A health scare is usually a great way to start a quit. But be wary about that scare helping you stay quit. I think all successful quits boil down to this. Who is stronger....your addiction...or your will power? When a user is sick and tired of not having control....that's the foundation to build a quit on. Good luck, on your test results, and good luck on your quit.
It boils down to do you really want to quit. Because this shit is tough! If you go into it not 100 percent that you really want to quit instead of the bullshit excuse we all used like might try again. It's 99 percent mental and it will scramble your brain so be prepared to battle and know that you can do this and tell yourself daily failure is not an option! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
Glad to see you post roll fuzz, welcome. A health scare is usually a great way to start a quit. But be wary about that scare helping you stay quit. I think all successful quits boil down to this. Who is stronger....your addiction...or your will power? When a user is sick and tired of not having control....that's the foundation to build a quit on. Good luck, on your test results, and good luck on your quit.

Offline Fuzz

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
I feel like I have really good momentum. Plus I feel I have walked through the worst parts of the physical withdrawal and I wouldn't want to let that got to waste, nor repeat it. The other triggers, while annoying and i will have to keep on my toes. i think I can get through. Which is why i came looking.

A few years back, I had a scare with my weight. I thought I was having a heart attack, went to the ER and all that. Turns out it was just acid reflux. I was eating Aleve like candy due to a nagging knee injury... I used that momentum to get me in the gym, though it wasn't a heart attack. It could have been... I have stuck with that and taken off 70 pounds. I make The Fear work for me.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »
Fuzz, can you make this commitment? If the biopsy comes back normal STAY QUIT!!!!! You don't need to answer me, but answer yourself. I quit with ya.

Mogul

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 11:55:00 PM »
Dip Will bring you down.
All your doing is fighting off the next withdrawal.

You were NOT created to need NICOTINE!

Welcome aboard... WE are all carrying the same ticket.

Learn to post roll... You need us. We need you. Go here:
topic/11203031/

Quitting can be done with support.
Just focus on Today!

I quit with you today.
Rawls 227 ODAAT.
I believe.....

Offline Fuzz

Day 6 of the quit.
« on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
I am on the tail end of 44, dipped since '97, Kodiak for the longest time, until it got spendy, Grizzly in recent years. Dabbled in the Red Man here and there but never for long. You have to really like to spit for the long leaf stuff...

Went in for my twice a year dental cleaning, new hygienist got all up in my grill about the dip. None of the others ever mentioned it. She tattled on me to the dentist when it was his turn. So I had a little white growth on my gum and they set me up for the oral surgeon appointment to get the biopsy done. Which happened on the 30th. Regardless of how the pathology report comes back in a couple weeks, I have to say thanks to them for putting a fire under my butt to quit. I don't think I ever got close to day 6 before. This time was cold turkey, tried gum before but that really did nothing for me. I needed The Fear to make it happen...

Monday(day 3) so far has been the worst. Couldn't sleep the night before and the whole day i was a blithering idiot. Today was the first day back in the gym due to the biopsy and just not enough hours in the day... I was surprised, today's workout felt really good. I wouldn't have guessed dip would be dragging me down.