Author Topic: I shouldn't even be here  (Read 1543 times)

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I shouldn't even be here
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »
Boom DoG ?. Damn proud to quit side by side for 2 years man

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »
Congrats on 2 years quit Cjasti!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
'Birthday' Cjasti! Dip Free!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Cjasti
I was never about being the one others wanted me to be.
Amigo, you have been exactly how the tobacco companies want you to be all along, and addict to their drug. Stay quit, and finally be who you want to be, without an addictive drug bathing your brain.

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
Cjasti That was a great intro and story. You hit on a lot of things that i had going on as well. That buzz was great! For me it was the burning of my lip too. As the years went by I started cutting deals with my self. After this can I quit. After this summer I quit. After this winter I quit, etc etc etc. I was always going to quit after something. that something always came and went and I was still caving to the nic bitch. That nic bitch sure is a dirty little whore isn't she?

Then we found this site. you find all kinds of abbreviations around here that people keep throwing around and frankly I got tired of seeing them all the dam time. Now some time has went by and I had a ah hah!! moment. I suddenly got why them abbreviations (acronyms??) were flying around. EDD WUPP and all the others. I figured out quickly those acronyms are my life line. What ever you do do not ever forget them!

Anyhow, congrats on your quit brother I quit with you every dam day!!!

Take care!

Ray
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
Nice intro brother, thanks for sharing. I think we all remember that first one and those who opened the door to the darkness that followed. Congratulations on taking back your life, one day at a time.

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
Cjasti,

Congratulations on the quit. Hang tough and kill the habit. I quit with you today.

dundipping

Offline Cjasti

• BANNED
  • Quitter
I shouldn't even be here
« on: October 21, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
Hi, my name is Chris and I, like the rest of you have fought that dumb nic bitch for the longest time.

I always had people telling me hey, you really shouldn't do that nasty shit, or the typical, no girl will ever kiss you with that in. Well me being the person I am, that never stopped me. I was never about being the one others wanted me to be. I haven't been dipping for as long as most others on here probably have but it was long enough to make this such a damn struggle. I don't know about all of you but I remember my very first dip. I had some family over while my parents were out of town, I was 15 at the time. When my family left I saw a can of Cope Wintergreen pouches on the table. I quickly texted whose they were and I was told to enjoy. Now, I hung around with all of the "rednecks" and "hicks" in highschool, many considered me to be one of them as well. I always thought dip was gross and never understood why people did it. Given this opportunity though, I could finally find out. I decided to give it a shot and I took a very luxurious dipshit and I realized what was so intriguing about this whole dip thing that everyone I hung around was. The buzz i felt was just incredible but i knew that if i continued to do it, i would end up hopelessly addicted. The next morning, I wanted just one more and then I would get rid of the can. I threw in one pouch while I was in the shower, and once again, the buzz was just amazing. After the shower, i took it out and I never planned on doing it again.

A few months went by and school started getting more and more stressful and I began to occasionally want a dip just to feel that buzz. Being that I was constantly around people that had it, I was able to get a dip whenever I wanted and being that a lot of people thought it was my first, they were totally on board with getting me into the dip gang as well. The buzz kept going and honestly, that's why I started dipping more and more. I wasn't a big drinker, but the feeling i got when i dipped just couldn't be beat. As I started dipping more and more I realized that the buzz was going away and it kind of upset me. I started dipping more to see if that would get a buzz, that didnt work, i started dipping less, that didn't work. No matter what I did the buzz never came back but by that time I was just a tobacco addict and I couldn't quit. The only reason I chewed was for the buzz and now that one thing was gone.

Dips became part of routines though. I am a drag racer and I have set routines and I am very competitive. I always knew routines can be easily changed so I started trying to get dip out of the routine so that I could quit with no repercussions to my racing. I had no issues with the routine changes but then I began a quit and I would hit the fog or the dip rage and it just negatively impacted my racing. With this being said I kept dipping through race season and I always told myself, the day racing season is over, you call it quits, deal? Well I never stuck to it.

This season I was different though. Going into the season I told my self October 12th. I went about my business during the season and I told many of my friends whenever they would ask "When are you gonna quit that shit?" that I was gonna quit as soon as the season was over. Well, the last weekend of racing was the 10th and 11th of October and I had one pinch left after the race day was over and I told myself, you better enjoy this one because after this, that nic bitch will be a thing of the past.

I am now going on day 10 of my quit and I couldn't be happier. My dog house group is one hell of a group.

Although I may be on day 10, every day is another day 1 for me. I don't quit for you, I quit for me.

F U Nic Bitch!