Author Topic: Companion  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Companion
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Colonel_No_Cope
Quote from: Syndrome
man thats nice and stuff. but what you gotta under stand is you aint fitin habit. your fitin adicktshun. world a diffrinse. under stand and sucseed.
syndrome,

My son was a star wars fan since he was 5. I thought it was a phase and would go away as he got older. He's 17 years old. Still a Stars Wars guy.

My point? Is your writing gimmick a phase or has this become you?

You say some really good things. I really love your post and comments. However, the combing through the broken writing is beginning to distract from what you are saying.

If it is you, proceed. If you like feedback, I would like to see you go back to regular writing.
Dude, he has been posting like this for as long as I can remember.

Many ask... and to my knowledge, no one ever got the answers you seek.

Syndrome is just Syndrome, since 15 November 2008.
Well fair enough. He is a bad ass quitter so I will deal with it. No biggie anyway.
By the way... you do get used to it after a while.

Its like struggling thru Catcher In The Rye... after the first 50 pages, it gets easier.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Colonel_No_Cope
man thats nice and stuff. but what you gotta under stand is you aint fitin habit. your fitin adicktshun. world a diffrinse. under stand and sucseed.
syndrome,

My son was a star wars fan since he was 5. I thought it was a phase and would go away as he got older. He's 17 years old. Still a Stars Wars guy.

You say some really good things. I really love your post and comments. However, the combing through the broken writing is beginning to distract from what you are saying.

If it is you, proceed. If you like feedback, I would like to see you go back to regular writing.

Well fair enough. He is a bad ass quitter so I will deal with it. No biggie anyway.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
syndrome,

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Quote from: dshubert1975
I haven't put anything on my intro page for awhile and have a few minutes, so here goes.... This is day 10 for me. The first 10 days went by alot easier than I thought they would. I am using Chantix and have been on it for over two weeks. Zero side effects for me. No nausea, sleep changes or strange dreams, not a fucking thing. In fact I am not sure it is doing anything for me. I am going to continue using it however. Who knows, it might be the reason my first 10 days went so well. I did and still do have cravings during the day. But fuck the cravings! It pisses me off when I have a craving. I put some seeds/candy/gum in and then just start mentally beating the shit out of the nic bitch. I tell that fucking bitch to stay down but she always tries to get back up. So I beat her and I beat her and I beat her. I am an addict of nicotine and got my addiction from a habit of chewing skoal. I am still an addict of nicotine and always will be but my habit now is getting on this kill the can site and kicking the nic bitch in the teeth.
DAMN DAY 10 FEELS GOOD!!!
Great Job Dustin.. I'm quit with You.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline dshubert1975

• Quitter
  • Interests: quitting chew!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
I haven't put anything on my intro page for awhile and have a few minutes, so here goes.... This is day 10 for me. The first 10 days went by alot easier than I thought they would. I am using Chantix and have been on it for over two weeks. Zero side effects for me. No nausea, sleep changes or strange dreams, not a fucking thing. In fact I am not sure it is doing anything for me. I am going to continue using it however. Who knows, it might be the reason my first 10 days went so well. I did and still do have cravings during the day. But fuck the cravings! It pisses me off when I have a craving. I put some seeds/candy/gum in and then just start mentally beating the shit out of the nic bitch. I tell that fucking bitch to stay down but she always tries to get back up. So I beat her and I beat her and I beat her. I am an addict of nicotine and got my addiction from a habit of chewing skoal. I am still an addict of nicotine and always will be but my habit now is getting on this kill the can site and kicking the nic bitch in the teeth.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
Quote from: TonySelle
The "Habit" thing came from something one of my college teachers read to our class years ago and I wrote it down.  Don't know who originally wrote it.   Didn't mean much to me at the time but thought it sounded cool.  I wasn't addicted to chew at the time, that came a few years later.  After I realized I was addicted to chew and tried to quit a few times this "habit" poem or what ever it is kept popping into my head.      When I started my introduction last night it came to me again and I had to write it down.  More for myself than anything but thought it might help someone else also.    After I posted it I didn't feel like writing anymore so I just went to bed.

My name is Dustin; I live in Hays, Kansas;  36 years old;  been on Skoal long cut-mint for about 15 years;  tried to quit cold turkey a couple times in the past but never made it longer than a few weeks;   I told myself I would quit when I got engaged to be married;  I told myself I would quit when I got married;  I told myself I would quit when my wife got pregnate.........  well she is and I am sick of lying to myself.         More than that....    I AM RAGEING FUCKING MAD AND I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS FUCKING ADDICTION!!!
I didn't see your name on the August HOF roll today ds. Today is the day! Toss that cancer sod, post roll, get started on your quit! PM me if I can help.
I'm on the roll call for today. About in the middle of the group. dshubert1975
Awesome DS, my mistake. Congrats and welcome to your quit!
You can do this! Get to know the guys in you quit group, exchange numbers.
Read the great material on this site. PM me if I can help you!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline dshubert1975

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: TonySelle
The "Habit" thing came from something one of my college teachers read to our class years ago and I wrote it down.  Don't know who originally wrote it.  Didn't mean much to me at the time but thought it sounded cool.  I wasn't addicted to chew at the time, that came a few years later.  After I realized I was addicted to chew and tried to quit a few times this "habit" poem or what ever it is kept popping into my head.      When I started my introduction last night it came to me again and I had to write it down.  More for myself than anything but thought it might help someone else also.    After I posted it I didn't feel like writing anymore so I just went to bed.

My name is Dustin; I live in Hays, Kansas;  36 years old;  been on Skoal long cut-mint for about 15 years;  tried to quit cold turkey a couple times in the past but never made it longer than a few weeks;  I told myself I would quit when I got engaged to be married;  I told myself I would quit when I got married;  I told myself I would quit when my wife got pregnate.........  well she is and I am sick of lying to myself.        More than that....    I AM RAGEING FUCKING MAD AND I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS FUCKING ADDICTION!!!
I didn't see your name on the August HOF roll today ds. Today is the day! Toss that cancer sod, post roll, get started on your quit! PM me if I can help.
I'm on the roll call for today. About in the middle of the group. dshubert1975

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
The "Habit" thing came from something one of my college teachers read to our class years ago and I wrote it down. Don't know who originally wrote it. Didn't mean much to me at the time but thought it sounded cool. I wasn't addicted to chew at the time, that came a few years later. After I realized I was addicted to chew and tried to quit a few times this "habit" poem or what ever it is kept popping into my head. When I started my introduction last night it came to me again and I had to write it down. More for myself than anything but thought it might help someone else also. After I posted it I didn't feel like writing anymore so I just went to bed.

My name is Dustin; I live in Hays, Kansas; 36 years old; been on Skoal long cut-mint for about 15 years; tried to quit cold turkey a couple times in the past but never made it longer than a few weeks; I told myself I would quit when I got engaged to be married; I told myself I would quit when I got married; I told myself I would quit when my wife got pregnate......... well she is and I am sick of lying to myself. More than that.... I AM RAGEING FUCKING MAD AND I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS FUCKING ADDICTION!!!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
The "Habit" thing came from something one of my college teachers read to our class years ago and I wrote it down. Don't know who originally wrote it. Didn't mean much to me at the time but thought it sounded cool. I wasn't addicted to chew at the time, that came a few years later. After I realized I was addicted to chew and tried to quit a few times this "habit" poem or what ever it is kept popping into my head. When I started my introduction last night it came to me again and I had to write it down. More for myself than anything but thought it might help someone else also. After I posted it I didn't feel like writing anymore so I just went to bed.

My name is Dustin; I live in Hays, Kansas; 36 years old; been on Skoal long cut-mint for about 15 years; tried to quit cold turkey a couple times in the past but never made it longer than a few weeks; I told myself I would quit when I got engaged to be married; I told myself I would quit when I got married; I told myself I would quit when my wife got pregnate......... well she is and I am sick of lying to myself. More than that.... I AM RAGEING FUCKING MAD AND I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS FUCKING ADDICTION!!!
I want to see you beat your FUCKING addiction as badly as you do but you must quit for the right reason!

You have to quit for you and no one else!

You need to truly understand that and believe in that mind set!

I say this cause no one but you forced you to chew, correct?
I say this cause the people in your life cannot be used as a reason if you were to fail only you, correct?

I say do quit for anyone but yourself and let them enjoy the fruits of your quit labor!

Use this site for all it worth! Get as many numbers to trade as you possibly can, remember accountability is the main ingredient in quiting the KTC way!

PM me if you need number to trade bro!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline dshubert1975

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
syndrome,

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:00 AM »
I am your constant companion.

I am your greatest helper or---your heaviest burden.

I will push you onward or---drag you down to failure.

I am completely at your command.

Half the things you do, you might just as well turn over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.

I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me.

Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lesssons I will do it automatically.

I am the servant of all great men. And, alas, of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures.

I am not a machine, though I work with all the percision of a machine. Plus, the intelligence of a man.

You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin; it makes no differance to me.

Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will put the world at your feet.

Be easy with me and I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Who am I?

I am Habit! Habit is my name!
Did you write this or is it a quote of someone.

Either way, it is pretty good.

Thanks.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline dshubert1975

• Quitter
Companion
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
I am your constant companion.

I am your greatest helper or---your heaviest burden.

I will push you onward or---drag you down to failure.

I am completely at your command.

Half the things you do, you might just as well turn over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.

I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me.

Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lesssons I will do it automatically.

I am the servant of all great men. And, alas, of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures.

I am not a machine, though I work with all the percision of a machine. Plus, the intelligence of a man.

You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin; it makes no differance to me.

Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will put the world at your feet.

Be easy with me and I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Who am I?

I am Habit! Habit is my name!