Author Topic: I thought I had this after 15 days...now I'm back (and here to fight for my life)  (Read 1612 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Quote from: pky1520
Mod merge please.
Moderators....can we please get a hand here? Limit one intro per customer, right??

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
What's that saying??? Talk is cheap..... SHOW us you're serious. Post roll daily. Honor your post. Then we'll listen.... Until now, all I hear is Blahbity blah blah blah.....

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Quote from: dewey_cox
I say this to that goddamn weed: bring it on.
Obviously bravado didn't do you much good the last time. What?... 15 days?

Dude. No big talk. Just. Do. It.

What I wouldn't give to have had this site when I was your age. I chewed longer than you've been alive.

You're here... again... no more trying.

Own it.
Just fucking own it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Armydan13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-10
  • Interests: I'm an asshole.
Welcome back Dewey!

PM me if you need anything. Jump in December and start posting roll with your group!!!

-Dan

Brotherhood+Accountability+Dick Pics = Success

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Quote from: pky1520
In the sweet summer of West Virginia on a mission trip I saw my future 5 years ago. A local kid walked up to me as I was scraping paint off the house of a 80 year old couple, both pack a day smokers. As I stared at this kid I noticed his mouth, teeth missing and just fucking nasty. He was 13. He had the circular tin in his jeans, one slightly longer thumbnail to cut the can. Whole 9 yards. That's me now. I haven't lost teeth but that's not to say I couldn't. I worry for my life everyday. I check my gums everyday in the mirror, sit there on the couch and catch myself feeling for new bumps in my mouth. Violently shaking in my bathroom from a cancer sore scare as the reality of losing my jaw or life is all too real. Anxiety and fear. I caved. I wimped out like a bitch. So here we are. Square 1 again and the arduous quest to regain my life and conscience begin. I say this to that goddamn weed: bring it on.
Hey Dewey, glad you're back. I told you about the 3 questions via Pm, but you need to get on roll asap as well. Get your quit started correctly and move forward.
Chew and nicotine own you. Win your freedom back but you have to want it! Invest in your quit and use the system.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
In the sweet summer of West Virginia on a mission trip I saw my future 5 years ago. A local kid walked up to me as I was scraping paint off the house of a 80 year old couple, both pack a day smokers. As I stared at this kid I noticed his mouth, teeth missing and just fucking nasty. He was 13. He had the circular tin in his jeans, one slightly longer thumbnail to cut the can. Whole 9 yards. That's me now. I haven't lost teeth but that's not to say I couldn't. I worry for my life everyday. I check my gums everyday in the mirror, sit there on the couch and catch myself feeling for new bumps in my mouth. Violently shaking in my bathroom from a cancer sore scare as the reality of losing my jaw or life is all too real. Anxiety and fear. I caved. I wimped out like a bitch. So here we are. Square 1 again and the arduous quest to regain my life and conscience begin. I say this to that goddamn weed: bring it on.
Hey Dewey, glad you're back. I told you about the 3 questions via Pm, but you need to get on roll asap as well. Get your quit started correctly and move forward.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
Mod merge please.

Offline dewey_cox

• Quit Date: 2016-05-01
I'm quit so my parents won't have to bury their only son.

Offline QuitConstruct

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: The Word, People, Myself, Construction, hopefully a wife soon
Quote from: jsevans87
Welcome Dewey-Cox. Congrats on making a great choice! One that will benefit you for the rest of your life. I made the same decision just two days ago. It's still scary and it hasn't been easy up to this point. Today I was very tired and lethargic, had a headache most of the day, but I learned that a lot of others on this site had the same issues when they decided to quit. Even better I learned that they made it past those issues and remained quit far beyond the initial withdrawal symptoms. That means if they did it before us we can do it now(the badass quitters are living proof)! Another benefit of coming here is the support you will receive. A lot of guys and girls extended their support, some going as far as exchanging phone numbers with me in the event I would find myself in a tough spot. All we ask in return is for your support and to post roll call every morning when you wake up - making a promise not to use tobacco/nicotine products for that day. Making that promise the past two mornings to my other brothers and sisters of quit has helped me when the thoughts of buying another can came creeping in and believe me the thoughts will come creeping in. So good luck and welcome to the quit! Use the support of your other brothers and sisters of quit and be strong!
I cannot say it any better myself! You can be Quit!

Offline jsevans87

• Quit Date: 2016-04-29
  • Interests: Outdoors - Hiking, Fishing, BMX, MTB, Baseball, Softball, Riding Dirtbike, Boulder climbing, everything. LOL
Welcome Dewey-Cox. Congrats on making a great choice! One that will benefit you for the rest of your life. I made the same decision just two days ago. It's still scary and it hasn't been easy up to this point. Today I was very tired and lethargic, had a headache most of the day, but I learned that a lot of others on this site had the same issues when they decided to quit. Even better I learned that they made it past those issues and remained quit far beyond the initial withdrawal symptoms. That means if they did it before us we can do it now(the badass quitters are living proof)! Another benefit of coming here is the support you will receive. A lot of guys and girls extended their support, some going as far as exchanging phone numbers with me in the event I would find myself in a tough spot. All we ask in return is for your support and to post roll call every morning when you wake up - making a promise not to use tobacco/nicotine products for that day. Making that promise the past two mornings to my other brothers and sisters of quit has helped me when the thoughts of buying another can came creeping in and believe me the thoughts will come creeping in. So good luck and welcome to the quit! Use the support of your other brothers and sisters of quit and be strong!
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then... find the way."
- Abe Lincoln

"If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?" - Joe Namath

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Wow I wish I had been as smart as you are when I was a freshman.

Commit to never putting that crap in your mouth again, and make a new promise every day.

Congrats on making a truly adult decision.

Offline Daisy

• Quitter
  • Interests: #1 Live my life to Glorify God in All I do. My Son and Husband . Camping. Hiking. Fishing. Anything outdoors. NFL and NBA
Howdy all, I'm a freshman in college who started dipping in high school, due to my time on the wrestling team and my friends who used tobacco. Before I knew it, I was dipping a can every few days to a can a day if I got stressful and now its been a whole year. A year of being a slave. I' m tired, it stresses me beyond anything in my life and I hate it. I hate myself for even trying it and I'm ready to just be done with it. I'm here for me and me alone, I'm 19 and I will not die because of some rich shmuck at Philip Morris or Copenhagen is making money off my misery and addiction. I'm so glad this place exists because nothing has been there to help me stop, especially living in the South where it's cheap. I need, and want your help because I'm truly scared of what is to come. Much love and respect to everyone on this site.
You have made a wonderful decision that will make for a better future. We were ALL where you are right now. We werescared,confused,aggravated,emotional,hateful,depressed,tired,anxious,overwhelmed. There are a thousand different emotions that you will have. Trust us when we say. We know how you feel. I see you already posted roll. Great job. Get on as early as you can every day and post roll. Promising not to use nicotine for 24 hours. Be a man of your word and keep it and you'll stay quit for as long as you want To. Drink plenty of water and juices to flush your system. Find different things that help curve your craves and reach out when struggling. You've got thia. Stay strong and dont let Her trick you to coming back. She never did anything good for you Anyway...Welcome to KTC.
Do I remember my life as a chewer? I do.
Do I still crave? I do.
Will I ever dip again? I cannot say.
Will I dip today? I will not.
Chewie.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Phill. 4:13

There's a difference between INTEREST and COMMITMENT. When your INTERESTED in doing something. You do it only when it's CONVIENIENT for you. When your COMMITTED to something. You except NO EXCUSES only RESULTS.

Words To Live BY.
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha

06 Crue Chief
Quitting One Day at a Time
B.ig B.rother J.ack

https://www.gofundme.com/qt9nz3kk?viewu ... aign=upd_n

Offline dewey_cox

• Quit Date: 2016-05-01
Howdy all, I'm a freshman in college who started dipping in high school, due to my time on the wrestling team and my friends who used tobacco. Before I knew it, I was dipping a can every few days to a can a day if I got stressful and now its been a whole year. A year of being a slave. I' m tired, it stresses me beyond anything in my life and I hate it. I hate myself for even trying it and I'm ready to just be done with it. I'm here for me and me alone, I'm 19 and I will not die because of some rich shmuck at Philip Morris or Copenhagen is making money off my misery and addiction. I'm so glad this place exists because nothing has been there to help me stop, especially living in the South where it's cheap. I need, and want your help because I'm truly scared of what is to come. Much love and respect to everyone on this site.
I'm quit so my parents won't have to bury their only son.