Author Topic: 12 days off  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: 12 days off
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Congrats from one DVM to another.....inspiring to me!
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: T-Cell
Nice 2 years there Vadge! 'Cheers'
paging doctor fine, doctor howard, doctor fine.....

oh heck where is the doctor Vadge.....

well done my friend 'clap'
Congrats DR

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
paging doctor fine, doctor howard, doctor fine.....

oh heck where is the doctor Vadge.....

well done my friend 'clap'

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
Dr Vadge's page should be a best seller. Dude can make you laugh, help you quit, and provide the salve for your hurt butt or vag...
'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
Dr Vadge's page should be a best seller. Dude can make you laugh, help you quit, and provide the salve for your hurt butt or vag...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
This Intro is full of WIN Especially the March 18th post. Fucking great.

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
That's a great post. I had my first experience this season with the tree...in the past, putting up the tree would have been cause for a good dip. My son was always so focused on ornaments he doesn't notice the spitter.

This year, I'm quit
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Noobs facing the holidays for the first time without nicotine? Fear not. I present Vadge's wisdom.
Quote from: ERDVM
So...April's all moved in up here on the 3rd story.  I'm proud as fuck for all of you.  No post-HOF cavers (that we know of) since  'chief' and he thankfully made it back.  Actually, no cavers since the Jake Martin Shitstorm 240 or so days ago.
That's pretty badfuckingass in my opinion. 

I see that we got some new cozy furniture and the baby cribs put back together.  Good on whoever was wise enough to leave the plastic in situ on the couches.  Auburn's not here very long anymore, but I did use a black light in the den the other day and saw FUCK YOU CHIZIK fluoresce on the wall. Either it is Auby's pork sword oil or there's a stray tom cat around with incredible aim.

Anyway, before everybody gets all cozy and shit, I would like for us to remember that there are some major "first times w/o nicotine" coming our way.  For Vadge they are:

1.  Christmas Lights.  I vividly remember my wife chastising me last year when she saw me on the roof with a huge horsehoe of nasty loaded in my lower lip. 
What a Fool....

2.  Thanksgiving with Inlaws.  I remember sneaking out to the car for a post-dinner hit of carcinogen (and the drive over, and pre-dinner, and halftime, and between beers, and after 2nd dessert, and for drive home....sigh). 
What a Fool....
What a Liar....

3.  Christmas With My Folks at Our Farm.  I remember Mom telling me and my brother how happy she was that we no longer dipped.  My brother had quit quit cold turkey, by himself, and is still quit.  I, on the other hand, had just quit by buying a box of "keepyouraddictionstronglozenges" instead of a can.  I even poked fun at my brother for gaining weight post quit. 
What a Fool....
What a Liar....
What a Douche....

4.  Christmas Morning.  I remember excited kids in pajamas, the study chalk-full of presents, a fresh cup of coffee, my sleepy wife in her pajamas proudly smiling at her brood, lighting a fire, grabbing the video camera out of the closet...and...some highly addictive poison in my pie hole. Oh, I layered it along my jaw so that kids couldn't tell, and just gutted it with my Christmas coffee.
What a Fool.... 
What a Liar....
What a Douch.... 
What an Addict....

Yeah, even at 310 days, I'm getting my plan(s) ready. 
Checking them twice and all that. 
Gonna go NOLAQ and keep "my shit up and running 24/7".
For I will NOT forget.  NOT Today.
Wow. That has been my exact holiday addict experience for as long as I can remember.

My wife has this great picture framed on our living room wall. Me holding my oldest on his first Christmas. Only I can see it but my jaw is ninja lined with kodiak. Merry Christmas loser! Fucking sad and a constant reminder. I'll never take the pic down.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Noobs facing the holidays for the first time without nicotine? Fear not. I present Vadge's wisdom.
So...April's all moved in up here on the 3rd story.  I'm proud as fuck for all of you.  No post-HOF cavers (that we know of) since  'chief' and he thankfully made it back.  Actually, no cavers since the Jake Martin Shitstorm 240 or so days ago.
That's pretty badfuckingass in my opinion. 

I see that we got some new cozy furniture and the baby cribs put back together.  Good on whoever was wise enough to leave the plastic in situ on the couches.  Auburn's not here very long anymore, but I did use a black light in the den the other day and saw FUCK YOU CHIZIK fluoresce on the wall. Either it is Auby's pork sword oil or there's a stray tom cat around with incredible aim.

Anyway, before everybody gets all cozy and shit, I would like for us to remember that there are some major "first times w/o nicotine" coming our way.  For Vadge they are:

1.  Christmas Lights.  I vividly remember my wife chastising me last year when she saw me on the roof with a huge horsehoe of nasty loaded in my lower lip. 
What a Fool....

2.  Thanksgiving with Inlaws.  I remember sneaking out to the car for a post-dinner hit of carcinogen (and the drive over, and pre-dinner, and halftime, and between beers, and after 2nd dessert, and for drive home....sigh). 
What a Fool....
What a Liar....

3.  Christmas With My Folks at Our Farm.  I remember Mom telling me and my brother how happy she was that we no longer dipped.  My brother had quit quit cold turkey, by himself, and is still quit.  I, on the other hand, had just quit by buying a box of "keepyouraddictionstronglozenges" instead of a can.  I even poked fun at my brother for gaining weight post quit. 
What a Fool....
What a Liar....
What a Douche....

4.  Christmas Morning.  I remember excited kids in pajamas, the study chalk-full of presents, a fresh cup of coffee, my sleepy wife in her pajamas proudly smiling at her brood, lighting a fire, grabbing the video camera out of the closet...and...some highly addictive poison in my pie hole. Oh, I layered it along my jaw so that kids couldn't tell, and just gutted it with my Christmas coffee.
What a Fool.... 
What a Liar....
What a Douch.... 
What an Addict....

Yeah, even at 310 days, I'm getting my plan(s) ready. 
Checking them twice and all that. 
Gonna go NOLAQ and keep "my shit up and running 24/7".
For I will NOT forget.  NOT Today.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
*The following dialog really happened, but, the subject matter was originally implanted into my gray matter by comedian Joe Zimmerman.

So .... Mrs Vadge and I picked up our 6y/o twins yesterday from school.  Baby Vadgling#3 decided to eat his banana from lunch on the way home. He then asked what to do with the peel.

For which, I instructed him "just toss out the window." 

Mrs Vadge : (in rapid lecture voice) "You can't just throw it out the window!  That is littering!"

Me: "Bull-Loney. Banana peels begin disintegrating immediately.  Heck, I can already smell it beginning to decompose. Why would it be littering?"

Mrs Expert-on-just-about-everything: "It's because it could cause an accident."

Me: "What are you smokin Mrs V? How? Is a car going to suddenly spin-out and then possibly slip off the road or something?"

Mrs Ultra-competitive-and-will-never-miss-an-oppurtunity-to-one-up-my-husband: No...As a matter of fact, I heard on the radio that a wild animal could smell the peel, and while eating the peel, could distract a car driver, and then cause an accident.

Me: "Bull-loney again.  Wild animal? Like a chimpanzee or something?  Cause...last I checked, we don't have a lot of wild chimpanzees in Oklahoma City. And anyways, everyone knows that wild chimpanzees don't even eat banana peels."

Mrs-I-will-never-give-in-and-if-I-need-to-I-will-bring-up-past-mistakes-to-save-face: "Well, we'll see when you have flashing blue lights behind you.......again."

Me: "That is ridiculous." (taking peel from Vadgling#3 in back seat) "What's next? They gonna give you a ticket for carrying around red and green turtle shells in your trunk?"

Giggling Vadgling#3: "I see what you did there Dad.  The police would probably make a 'tiny' deal out of storm cloud too"

Giggling Vadgling#4:  (begins making Mario Kart sounds)

Me: (winking at Vadgling#3 and #4, while rolling down Mrs-I-don't-get-it's window and tossing out the blackening peel in front of her face....and expertly fondling her left mammary on the follow through) "There, now the wild chimpanzees won't have to eat in the middle of the road."

shocker
Great story one question do you still have your front teeth and how was the couch last PM?
awesome.

i'm wario and i'ma gonna win.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
*The following dialog really happened, but, the subject matter was originally implanted into my gray matter by comedian Joe Zimmerman.

So .... Mrs Vadge and I picked up our 6y/o twins yesterday from school. Baby Vadgling#3 decided to eat his banana from lunch on the way home. He then asked what to do with the peel.

Mrs Vadge : (in rapid lecture voice) "You can't just throw it out the window! That is littering!"

Me: "Bull-Loney. Banana peels begin disintegrating immediately. Heck, I can already smell it beginning to decompose. Why would it be littering?"

Me: "What are you smokin Mrs V? How? Is a car going to suddenly spin-out and then possibly slip off the road or something?"

Mrs Ultra-competitive-and-will-never-miss-an-oppurtunity-to-one-up-my-husband: No...As a matter of fact, I heard on the radio that a wild animal could smell the peel, and while eating the peel, could distract a car driver, and then cause an accident.

Me: "Bull-loney again. Wild animal? Like a chimpanzee or something? Cause...last I checked, we don't have a lot of wild chimpanzees in Oklahoma City. And anyways, everyone knows that wild chimpanzees don't even eat banana peels."

Mrs-I-will-never-give-in-and-if-I-need-to-I-will-bring-up-past-mistakes-to-save-face: "Well, we'll see when you have flashing blue lights behind you.......again."

Me: "That is ridiculous." (taking peel from Vadgling#3 in back seat) "What's next? They gonna give you a ticket for carrying around red and green turtle shells in your trunk?"

Giggling Vadgling#3: "I see what you did there Dad. The police would probably make a 'tiny' deal out of storm cloud too"

Giggling Vadgling#4: (begins making Mario Kart sounds)

Me: (winking at Vadgling#3 and #4, while rolling down Mrs-I-don't-get-it's window and tossing out the blackening peel in front of her face....and expertly fondling her left mammary on the follow through) "There, now the wild chimpanzees won't have to eat in the middle of the road."

shocker
Great story one question do you still have your front teeth and how was the couch last PM?
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »

So .... Mrs Vadge and I picked up our 6y/o twins yesterday from school. Baby Vadgling#3 decided to eat his banana from lunch on the way home. He then asked what to do with the peel.

Mrs Vadge : (in rapid lecture voice) "You can't just throw it out the window! That is littering!"

Me: "Bull-Loney. Banana peels begin disintegrating immediately. Heck, I can already smell it beginning to decompose. Why would it be littering?"

Me: "Bull-loney again. Wild animal? Like a chimpanzee or something? Cause...last I checked, we don't have a lot of wild chimpanzees in Oklahoma City. And anyways, everyone knows that wild chimpanzees don't even eat banana peels."

Giggling Vadgling#3: "I see what you did there Dad. The police would probably make a 'tiny' deal out of storm cloud too"

Giggling Vadgling#4: (begins making Mario Kart sounds)

shocker

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes. My phone has been haywire this am. The Vadge family has now avoided 3 tornadoes in the last 2 weeks. All the baby vadgies were ready to head underground when it started turning north. "Thankfully" it stayed south. We did, however, get over 7 inches of rain and continual lightning/thunder for 12 hours. Were used to weather in Oklahoma, but that was the loudest shit I remember ever hearing. Things finally cleared up around 4 this morning.

Work is a different story. No power since last night. I literally jumped over a downed power line to get in the back door. The gas stations that are open have zero gas/grocery. Most have closed already.

Finally got our generators up and running. This afternoon and tomorrow will get interesting - we are the only Hosp open in the area. Time to go Old School (no bloodwork, X-ray, or Iv pumps; using crayon to copy people's credit card info, hand written records/invoices etc). I'm up for the challenge. My staff would rather not.

Had a fleeting craving last night and this morning. Didn't even really surprise me or piss me off. Wasnt even a whispering, just a vestigial memory from another point in time. QLF.

Side Note: As an emergency referral hospital we see catastrophes. And, we lose/euthanize a large percentage of our patients. It is what it is. It also means we have 2 industrial sized freezers to hold dead bodies until the cremation company picks them up. Needless to say, hearing movement in the freezers is a little disconcerting....
I'm sure its just the dead dogs and cats thawing some ....
and I'm pretty sure that wasn't a paw scratching ....

'zombie' :huh:

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Quote from: pavetheway
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: mich 34
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: CBird65
In recognition of some badassery of quit and Day 500
'clap'
Hell yeah re-animator!

Keep up the great work man.
nice 500 vadge
Nice 5 :ph43r: :ph43r:
Not sure where the other straight guys are in this thread, but I still wanted to stop by and say congrats.
'Other' straight guys?

Congrats Vadge!!
'party' :P
Word hurt, 2much. Words hurt. ��
PS- BITCHES.
butt hurt

(No pun intended) 'crackup'
We need a hijack emoticon.
Vadge's intro always gets hijacked... Just waiting for a narrative from Coach Steve now.

'Popcorn'
Sweetness.
HIJACK LIKE FUCK (HLF for the acronym crew).
Nice Job on thr Indy mark
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."