Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
Like others have said, you're damn smart to even consider kicking this shit to the curb so early on. Wish I was as smart as you, but it took me 32+ years of dickheadedness. Welcome to the nut house, my friend.

Why do Canadians say, "eh"? Because it sounds so much fucking smarter than, "huh?". (I live pretty close to the border) 'na na'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Stillamarine
I had the misfortune of being in Canada one time when I ran out of dip. I almost quit right then when I saw the price! I wish I would have!

Welcome to the site. Get to know people and exchange numbers. Remember there is No Day but Today. You can do this. I quit with you.

Semper Fi

SAM
Welcome kent, 38 year dipper here but thanks to this place 243 days of freedom! The way to take your freedom back is post roll every damn day (edd )one day at a time (Odaat ) as soon as you wake up pray, piss,post (wuppp) get active in your group, read as much as you can , listen, learn. Take what you need, leave the rest. Main thing to remember you're never alone and post early and often! I quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Welcome Kent!

There are literally thousands of us that would love to go back and quit in our 20's. Don't be like me or before you know it you'll be 49 and just getting around to quitting after tens of thousands of wasted dollars, stealing time from the family and decades of being a slave to a plant.

You will not regret this. You can do this. Stay active here. Make Friends and POST ROLL EVERYDAY!

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
I had the misfortune of being in Canada one time when I ran out of dip. I almost quit right then when I saw the price! I wish I would have!

Welcome to the site. Get to know people and exchange numbers. Remember there is No Day but Today. You can do this. I quit with you.

Semper Fi

SAM
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Keja
Thank you! I'm glad to be a part of this.
Welcome Kent. Great decision to quit now! Never forget that this is not a habit - it an addiction to a powerful drug nicotine. Coming face to face with the truth that you are addicted and an addict can be daunting. It was for me, but it has made all the difference.

I see you posted up in November! Fantastic. If you have read much on this site, I'm sure you know how important that roll post is. We take this promise very seriously and in return, we promise you that we will not use nicotine in any form for today. I had trouble finding your post because you used your real name "Kent" instead of your KTC name "Keja". Most of us post with our KTC name or an abbreviation of that.

Glad to have you here and proud to be quit with you.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Keja

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-23
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:19:00 AM »
Thank you! I'm glad to be a part of this.

Offline Vance

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-04
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:16:00 AM »
Welcome man, it's going to be a rough ride for a little bit but it will get better. Do whatever you got to do to keep the shit out of your mouth and post roll everyday. Keep your promise and you will get through it. If you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask, everyone here is willing to help.
Quit Date: 8/4/2015
H.O.F: 11/12/2015. 2nd Floor: 2/19/2016
3rd Floor: 5/29/2016 4th Floor: 9/6/2016

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Keja
Hi all.

I'm a 23 year old male that has been dipping for 2-3 years. While 2-3 of dipping may not be very long, I want to stop this awful habit before it spins out of control and consumes my life any more. I also do not want to be a statistic to mouth/throat, etc. cancer, and it is a chances game I'm not willing to play. Also, being from Canada, as many of you may know a tin is around $23...

So far I'm on my fourth day without dip and I believe it is going well although I am getting the cravings. The greatest cravings have been when I'm driving. I usually always had a dip in when I am driving. I've ordered some of the tobacco free alternative (Grinds and Nip Energy Dip) to try out.

I would also like to say congratulations to those of have quit dipping after years and years and years of partaking in the habit.

All the best,
Kent
Kent, don't worry about years and years from now. It's great to have that goal tucked away somewhere in your mind, but around here we quit One Day At A Time (ODAAT). Forever is too hard to comprehend. Hell, 10 days is too hard to comprehend at first. Post your promise and keep it for one single day. That's all you need to worry about for now. Every day you chalk up a win is a day that you won the battle vs. nicotine. Those will start to pile up in due time, but for now, just win one battle at a time.

Welcome, glad to have you aboard brother.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Keja

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-23
Hello from Canada
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »
Hi all.

I'm a 23 year old male that has been dipping for 2-3 years. While 2-3 of dipping may not be very long, I want to stop this awful habit before it spins out of control and consumes my life any more. I also do not want to be a statistic to mouth/throat, etc. cancer, and it is a chances game I'm not willing to play. Also, being from Canada, as many of you may know a tin is around $23...

So far I'm on my fourth day without dip and I believe it is going well although I am getting the cravings. The greatest cravings have been when I'm driving. I usually always had a dip in when I am driving. I've ordered some of the tobacco free alternative (Grinds and Nip Energy Dip) to try out.

I would also like to say congratulations to those of have quit dipping after years and years and years of partaking in the habit.

All the best,
Kent