Author Topic: Help me quit  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Wepdoc

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Dec 11 2015
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, all with my kids.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Help me quit
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Jeff
Quote from: FullMetalSloth
I've done a lot of reading today and seeing a lot of acronyms. Is there a glossary somewhere?
The important ones...

WUPPEDD - Wake Up Piss Post Every Damn Day

EDD - Every Damn Day

ODAAT- One Day At A Time
topic/10521672/

Try this link

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »
I've done a lot of reading today and seeing a lot of acronyms. Is there a glossary somewhere?
The important ones...

WUPPEDD - Wake Up Piss Post Every Damn Day

EDD - Every Damn Day

ODAAT- One Day At A Time

Offline FullMetalSloth

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »

Offline FullMetalSloth

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Thanks Lenny. Maybe bittersweet was a bad word. It's just kind of sad letting go of something that I really enjoy ya know

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
Sloth, your quit date is December 11th not the 9th. Please change it. Get active in this site. And most important, get rid of all the cans... including the hidden 'in case of emergency' cans in your truck, garage, in the basement behind the old paint.... something is telling me you have a stash

As stranger said, roll is sacred.

You need to be pissed, not bittersweet. Planned quits never work. I hope your does, but the odds dont say that.

If you prove me wrong, then Your emotions will be a rollercoaster these next few weeks, let people close to you know what you are doing.

Dont ever forget how shitty you are going to feel, because it is coming. We all made it past the fog, and if you are committed you will to. Good luck, stay close to KTC

Offline FullMetalSloth

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
Hey everyone, I finished my last can last night (bittersweet) and I'm ready to quit chewing forever. I'm going to start reading everyone else's intros too. Thanks everyone for your support.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:00 AM »
Hi Sloth! Today is the day to start changing your life. Is there a reason you want to quit other than to please your girlfriend? Spend some time here at KTC reading other peoples introductions and Hall of Fame speeches. Nobody will lie to you and tell you quitting will be easy. But the other truth is that your life will improve in so many ways that you cant even imagine. Dig deep sloth. Do not be afraid. You are not alone.
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 09:30:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm sure that your girlfriend appreciates you finishing off the last half of that can. :blink:

Do not post roll unless you are really quit. Roll here is a sacred promise made by real quitters.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: danojeno
Hey guys, I'm Mark

I've been thinking about quitting for a few years now but never had a good reason to. My girlfriend just found out I'm a dipper after 8 months together. She is very hurt and i feel like a jerk for lying to her. I think that now would be a good time to quit for good. I got half a can left that i'll finish tonight and then i'm done for good.
Hi Mark and welcome to KTC. How many times did we say that we're going to finish the can and then quit? In similar circumstances to yours, I made that promise dozens of times. Most of the time I wouldn't even try. I've seen so many come through here in the same boat and they never come back. I don't think you'll be back either, but I really do hope you prove me wrong. If you do come back and you really want to quit, this is the place for you. We post our daily promise to not use nicotine and we keep it because we're men and women of our word. We get involved here and foster the brotherhood and accountability necessary for our brand of success. There is never a better time to quit than now. I disappointed my gf (now wife) with dip too, but I waited 20 years and untold disappointments later to take care of my business.
I cant wait to prove you wrong.
Hey sloth. Hope you're still around to read this. I felt the exact same way as you and was frankly pissed that someone would question what I had said (despite having said the exact same thing and failed a zillion times before). Then I realized the one who benefits least from me waiting is me. Here's my intro if you want to see. Hope you have the same realization I did 122 days ago and quit hurting yourself to prove to someone else that you can do what you want.

topic/11746393/3/#new

Offline FullMetalSloth

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
Quote from: danojeno
Hey guys, I'm Mark

I've been thinking about quitting for a few years now but never had a good reason to. My girlfriend just found out I'm a dipper after 8 months together. She is very hurt and i feel like a jerk for lying to her. I think that now would be a good time to quit for good. I got half a can left that i'll finish tonight and then i'm done for good.
Hi Mark and welcome to KTC. How many times did we say that we're going to finish the can and then quit? In similar circumstances to yours, I made that promise dozens of times. Most of the time I wouldn't even try. I've seen so many come through here in the same boat and they never come back. I don't think you'll be back either, but I really do hope you prove me wrong. If you do come back and you really want to quit, this is the place for you. We post our daily promise to not use nicotine and we keep it because we're men and women of our word. We get involved here and foster the brotherhood and accountability necessary for our brand of success. There is never a better time to quit than now. I disappointed my gf (now wife) with dip too, but I waited 20 years and untold disappointments later to take care of my business.
I cant wait to prove you wrong.

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Mark

Offline hemistry08

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-26
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Mark

We all know that shame and it's a strong one.
great group here that will keep you (and I) accountable.
you just made the best decision for the rest of your life. proud to quit along with you.

Offline FullMetalSloth

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Help me quit
« on: December 10, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Mark