Author Topic: 2nd times a charm  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2nd times a charm
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: nhbluevip
You guys are right, I did it once, and this time will be for good. No I did not post or do anything before. This times different, although for some reason ,my laptop will not let me post rollcall, so I have to start a new post everytime I post roll call. Anyway, day 4 for me, yesterday SUCKED real back, but a bag and a half of seads and a ton of water, and here I am.
Just post your promise in your group. However you get it there the magic is in the post itself. We will correct it.

I will suggest this time that you invest in your quit. Spend some time on the site, get to know some people here. If you could quit on your own you already would have, so here we are. We are offering all the support you could ever need.

Choice is yours... lets get this shit done !!

Offline nhbluevip

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
You guys are right, I did it once, and this time will be for good. No I did not post or do anything before. This times different, although for some reason ,my laptop will not let me post rollcall, so I have to start a new post everytime I post roll call. Anyway, day 4 for me, yesterday SUCKED real back, but a bag and a half of seads and a ton of water, and here I am.

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
I must start by saying this website rocks. I have dipped skoal and the most timber wolf for the last 14 years. I found this website spring of 09, and quit for 104 days. For whatever stupid reason I started again. DUMB. This is day number two for me, and just like I remember it, it definately sucks. I just keep saying, "I did it once, I can do it again"!
You did it once, you can do it again.

That can go either way. You caved once, you can cave again.

You need to put 100% into this site.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I must start by saying this website rocks. I have dipped skoal and the most timber wolf for the last 14 years. I found this website spring of 09, and quit for 104 days. For whatever stupid reason I started again. DUMB. This is day number two for me, and just like I remember it, it definately sucks. I just keep saying, "I did it once, I can do it again"!
You found the website, quit for 104 days then started again. I do believe the question would be did you actually sign roll or do anything to invest in your quit?
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline nhbluevip

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:40:00 AM »
Bean, I wish I had an answer, other than I was an idiot for starting again. There's always temptation. Redyota, same screen name, and no, I never posted. It's 1237 am, and at 1200 am was 48 hours from my last dip ever!

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Are you using a new screen name, or did you really never post last time?

Either way could be your problem. No accountability.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
You can do it. What are you going to do different this time? Eliminate temptations or a specific trigger? I'm no expert, by the way. I'm really asking b/c I'm only at Day 27 and I want to make sure WE never go through this again!!!

Offline nhbluevip

2nd times a charm
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »