Author Topic: FOGGGGGYYYYY  (Read 861 times)

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FOGGGGGYYYYY
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: bstimmle
Holy Shit!

Anyone get about this far in (one week) and then get totally broadsided with a nic fit? Feeling fine all the way to right now and then got a little pissed at an employee, nothing crazy, then sat down and it was like the last week of quitting all caught up with me in one minute. Threw in a piece of gum, took a few big breathes, and still just sitting here with a CRAZY fog in my head.

Any one else have a go to "chill pill" for that?
Firstly, kindly allow myself to welcome you to the Cult of Quit. My name is Jim; I'm quit since 11/11/2016. It's a pleasure to meet you, if only virtually.

Now, on to your question. What's happening is that your subconscious mind has become saddled with the mistaken notion that nicotine is essential for your survival; it views nicotine on par with food, water, or sleep. It is this mistaken notion which causes the cravings to come - your subconscious is saying 'dip or starve to death'. By abstinence, we retrain our subconscious minds to life without nicotine, thus proving to that subconscious mind that nicotine isn't really needed after all. The only 'chill pill' is time, patience, and effort. Some people use the Higher Power concept; others don't. Some use mantras, self included. For others...meditation, yoga, the rosary, you name it. But there is no magic bullet to take away the addiction, as that will never happen. Say, that looks like a good segue to my next point...

Although the nicotine addiction will go dormant, it will never go away. Even when the cravings have come to an end (believe you me, they will), the addiction is still there. We aren't fully liberated from the nicotine dungeon; we are simply on parole - and the term of that parole is no nicotine, ever. It's a lifetime parole; we must follow this term for the balance of our lives. That said, there's no reason to go it alone - we here at this fellowship will be more than happy to help you. I urge you to find your quit group, then post roll every morning without fail (I hope you are already doing this; if not, please get started). This is more than just 'checking in' the way we check into a hotel or clock in at work - it's a promise to each other that we will not use nicotine that day.

So...that'll be it for this post. Be well. Smile and all that... ;o)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
Re: FOGGGGGYYYYY
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
Your mind is throwing a tantrum because you have been depriving it of a substance that it thinks it needs. Call it nic rage, the fog, whatever you want, but ultimately your brain has to rewire itself from the years of fuggery that you put it through. Nice job removing yourself from the situation and decompressing. There will be many more opportunities for you to do so in the coming weeks and months. The key is take it ODAAT and remember what you're going through right now and how ridiculous it is that you willingly put that poison in your body for so long. Fuel the hatred for nicotine and you're well on your way to not allowing yourself to go back to that slavery.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline bstimmle

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-12-31
FOGGGGGYYYYY
« on: January 06, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
Holy Shit!

Anyone get about this far in (one week) and then get totally broadsided with a nic fit? Feeling fine all the way to right now and then got a little pissed at an employee, nothing crazy, then sat down and it was like the last week of quitting all caught up with me in one minute. Threw in a piece of gum, took a few big breathes, and still just sitting here with a CRAZY fog in my head.

Any one else have a go to "chill pill" for that?