Author Topic: I'm Ready  (Read 2117 times)

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: I'm Ready
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Your plan to quit is as realistic as my plan to win the lottery.

The nicotine addict you are will continue to tell yourself that tomorrow is a better day to quit then today. But on Friday, there will be another reason why you can not quit. Then the quit date will be Monday, then after christmas, then new years, ect., ect.

It took me over two years for "tomorrow" to finally come.

Forget tomorrow. Quit today!

Offline MattMan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
dw,

You have had a lot of bad-ass quiters ready your post. You have got the best advice there is. TODAY is the day to quit. Cold turkey. Our program works.

MattMan
Day 1 - 10/18/2011
span style='font-family:Geneva'HOF - 01/25/2012
/span

Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their little worlds. /// Zig Ziglar

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
wilson

First off, we don't hope around here. Get that word out of the vocab. Hope is for pussies. Do or do not.

Second, for your first homework assignment, please explain to us how quitting Friday will be easier than today? Do you think that by Monday you will be a brand new man that won't want to strangle a bunch of high school students?

The sooner you can put distance between yourself and that can, the better off you will be.

Make it happen, we got your back.

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
Hi there - you might be surprised how many people read your intro post, this place is full of badass quitters that are looking to spread the word: that there is FREEDOM outside of dip. Until you flush your "last can" of cope, you're just another person, perusing the site, thinking that it would be nice one day to quit. You can do this right now, you decide to quit for JUST ONE DAY. You can do anything for one day, I know you can. There's a saying around here that "tomorrow never comes" because it doesn't. And you know it. You will make some excuse to not quit on that date, which is why a bunch of people are going to encourage you to pick up your sack, put on your man panties, and QUIT. Instead of just talking about quitting. You will be one of those badass quitters I'm talking about, but you have to quit and post day 1. You have a huge brotherhood just waiting for you in March 2012 pre-HOF class. I'd be honored to post support for you.

PM if there's anything I can do for you/and/or when you decide to quit.

DennyX
188 days quit
188 days of posting roll
188 days of freedom

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
You can't be living your dream as a slave. Period. Quit with us. you will not regret it.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
dw...

Today...it is not only the best day to quit- it is the only day that we quit..just today.

Toss the stuff, put it in the toilet...flush. There will never be a better time than right now to quit

The program here is simple:

1. Post roll- that is your promise not to use nicotine- just for today.

2. Honor that promise

3. Repeat

Offline dwwilson

• Interests: Baseball, Nebraska Football, Golf, Fishing, Ping-Pong, some video games.
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm Ready
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I started dipping when I was 14 years old and really became hooked around the time I was 17. Baseball is what started it all for me. The game I love led me to a habit I truly loved because, unfortunately, it is something that is strongly tied to the game. I am currently 24 years old, fresh out of college, recently married, and starting my career as a teacher and baseball coach. Living my dream. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my desire to quit and have decided that now is my time. I've got so much more in my life to look forward to and I'm ready to rid myself of this part of my life. After doing some thinking, I realized that I've been dipping for almost HALF of my life. I know this is no way to go.

I found this site while researching ways to quit and I really hope that this forum will help me because I have been unsuccessful in my previous attempts. I know this is going to be a long and difficult journey, but I am ready. I bought (HOPEFULLY) my last can of Copenhagen long tonight, along with two cans of Smokey Mountain, which seemed to be the recommended brand from this site.

I am sure not many people read these long posts, but I want to thank the people that created this site for having such a vast amount of resources available, as well as this forum for being another link in the chain of support.

My quit date is set. I will have my last dip on Friday December 16th 2011, the last day of classes before Christmas break in my school district. I will check back often. Hopefully someone might read, but I hope to use this site as a resource as I struggle with this challenge.

Thank you so much for this support. I can't wait to reach that first milestone. Please help me stay strong!
"You can't be living your dream as a slave." Ready

Quit Date- 12/14/11
HOF- March 2012]