Author Topic: Fiancee of a January 2012 Quitter;  (Read 2177 times)

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fiancee of a January 2012 Quitter;
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Well....the 30 day mark has arrived. And as advised, I made a dentist appt. for pokerleader and myself. Now mind you, pokerleader has not been to the dentist in, oh say, 20+ years because he was always scared of what they would tell him. We are going in six days. Jim is nervous, scared, nauseated at the thought. However, it MUST be done. So, we look forward to hopefully reporting good news on Thursday, and I will be there to hold his hand (or anything else if it makes him feel better) but it's gonna be a long six days before then!

So for all you newbies...get that dentist appt. scheduled! Your life depends on it!
KTC professional cheerleader and encourager and fiancee of pokerleader :)

My Words of Wisdom :) http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=5339

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
Exactly. In a weird way, the suck is really cool. It is the feeling of recovering your freedom. Nobody gets free without earning it. Nobody can cheat, or have someone do it for them. Doesn't matter how rich your daddy is, or who you know. Nobody gets a free pass or hand-out.
The only question is whether you can commit to saving your own life? They call it the suck, because it does. But it is the first great step towards your own freedom...which is really cool.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
Quote from: kmm125
It makes me so very SAD.  Looking back at the brothers and sisters that joined and commited to this quit around the same time Jim did.  Only to never be seen or heard from again.  As Jim has crossed the 2 week mark, and I have seen what he has gone through (as well as all the other QUITTERS on this site) I just urge ALL of you to keep at it!  Please don't give up after a day or 2.  This is so hard!  But...if Jim can do it...and all these other QUITTERS can do it....so can you!!!  You are no more special or addicted than anyone here.  I don't care how long you have dipped.  Please post roll every day...it is the secret to staying QUIT!  Get rid of the "ifs" and "tries" and "hopes" and "shoulds" and "wants" and start with the "I am"...Don't try to be a quitter, or hope to be a quitter...BE a QUITTER, and be a QUITTER today.  And stay that way until you wake up tomorrow!  Then do it again.  Your life depends on it!
All great and true.

But who the fuck is Jim?
January Jim = Pokerleader = kmm125 main squeeze
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
It makes me so very SAD. Looking back at the brothers and sisters that joined and commited to this quit around the same time Jim did. Only to never be seen or heard from again. As Jim has crossed the 2 week mark, and I have seen what he has gone through (as well as all the other QUITTERS on this site) I just urge ALL of you to keep at it! Please don't give up after a day or 2. This is so hard! But...if Jim can do it...and all these other QUITTERS can do it....so can you!!! You are no more special or addicted than anyone here. I don't care how long you have dipped. Please post roll every day...it is the secret to staying QUIT! Get rid of the "ifs" and "tries" and "hopes" and "shoulds" and "wants" and start with the "I am"...Don't try to be a quitter, or hope to be a quitter...BE a QUITTER, and be a QUITTER today. And stay that way until you wake up tomorrow! Then do it again. Your life depends on it!
All great and true.

But who the fuck is Jim?

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
It makes me so very SAD. Looking back at the brothers and sisters that joined and commited to this quit around the same time Jim did. Only to never be seen or heard from again. As Jim has crossed the 2 week mark, and I have seen what he has gone through (as well as all the other QUITTERS on this site) I just urge ALL of you to keep at it! Please don't give up after a day or 2. This is so hard! But...if Jim can do it...and all these other QUITTERS can do it....so can you!!! You are no more special or addicted than anyone here. I don't care how long you have dipped. Please post roll every day...it is the secret to staying QUIT! Get rid of the "ifs" and "tries" and "hopes" and "shoulds" and "wants" and start with the "I am"...Don't try to be a quitter, or hope to be a quitter...BE a QUITTER, and be a QUITTER today. And stay that way until you wake up tomorrow! Then do it again. Your life depends on it!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
As Jim approaches double digits in his QUIT tomorrow, I have noticed a few things.

First and foremost, you have to DECIDE to quit. And you have to do it for YOU..nobody else. I am like the biggest advocate for this website. I work in an office and two of the three guys in my office chew. They know Jim has QUIT. When I was telling a co-worker about the site and about the quit, he said "Oh, I quit once for 6 months. Just to prove to my wife that I am not addicted". To which I replied "You didn't quit, you stopped, knowing that you were going to dip again". He said that he can't quit, he has to have the oral fixation. I told him that he could quit. It is a decision. But he needs support. I emailed him the website address. Who knows.

Secondly, this site works. Period. If you do what you are told...you will succeed. Jim and I are doing Weight Watchers. It is the same thing. If you follow the program, you WILL lose weight. Period.

So I encourage all of you....please post roll daily (and early). These guys know what they are talking about!! I see the pattern of the cavers!!!!!

Stay QUIT...today...
Please don't alarm your husband...but I think I'm in love.

If your husband has his head in the same place, this is a very good thing. I'm real happy for both of you. This is really great to hear.

Keep fighting! Be who you're meant to be.

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
As Jim approaches double digits in his QUIT tomorrow, I have noticed a few things.

First and foremost, you have to DECIDE to quit. And you have to do it for YOU..nobody else. I am like the biggest advocate for this website. I work in an office and two of the three guys in my office chew. They know Jim has QUIT. When I was telling a co-worker about the site and about the quit, he said "Oh, I quit once for 6 months. Just to prove to my wife that I am not addicted". To which I replied "You didn't quit, you stopped, knowing that you were going to dip again". He said that he can't quit, he has to have the oral fixation. I told him that he could quit. It is a decision. But he needs support. I emailed him the website address. Who knows.

Secondly, this site works. Period. If you do what you are told...you will succeed. Jim and I are doing Weight Watchers. It is the same thing. If you follow the program, you WILL lose weight. Period.

So I encourage all of you....please post roll daily (and early). These guys know what they are talking about!! I see the pattern of the cavers!!!!!

Stay QUIT...today...

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
I am the fiancee of a January 2012 quitter.
I am so proud of him, and everyone on this site.
I feel as though I need this site almost as much as him.
I want to encourage him, and never nag him.
I want to encourage all of you.
I dont miss the smell and he's only been 20 hours quit.
I won't miss the fear associated with dipping.
I want him to feel normal, but I know it will take time.
I want him to embrace the fog so he will remember what it feels like.
I want him to have control over his life.
I want to live a long full life with him.
I cant wait to be the fiancee of a January 2012 Hall of Famer!!

kmm125-2 He said the fog has started, it will be a long day today as it will be his first full day!  Thank you to all of you for encouraging and loving him :)
Your role is pretty simple:

1) Tell him you are proud of him
2) Encourage him that he can do this no matter how tough it gets
3) Distract him with lots of sex
:D
Especially the #3!! Great way to fight craves!

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: wo1miles
I echo all the sentiments and add this. For years my wife has been bugging the shit out of me to quit. Now that I'm finally taking control and quitting for ME, she seems disinterested. I tell her what day I'm on and she'll say "you're still on this quit thing?" This may be because she has grown apathetic toward my feeble attempts at quitting.

Please don't be apathetic about your man's quit. It's a huge accomplish and slaying this dragon is like no other accomplishment in the world. Be supportive, be firm, but most of all be interested.
I can understand her side, in a "Cry Wolf" sort of way. The difference for me is that I have never been with Jim during a quit attempt. So this is new to me. And so happy that this is a REAL quit. He is doing awesome! Thanks for encouraging him :)
The reason this site works is because of the support. When you have that support at home it just makes it all the more effective. Keep up the work.
Thanks Scowick! You have been a huge encouragement to us already. I just read your HOF speech. WOW...was all I could say. I told Jim he needs to read it, but he is falling asleep (which makes the quit easier).... so he will read it tomorrow!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
I echo all the sentiments and add this. For years my wife has been bugging the shit out of me to quit. Now that I'm finally taking control and quitting for ME, she seems disinterested. I tell her what day I'm on and she'll say "you're still on this quit thing?" This may be because she has grown apathetic toward my feeble attempts at quitting.

Please don't be apathetic about your man's quit. It's a huge accomplish and slaying this dragon is like no other accomplishment in the world. Be supportive, be firm, but most of all be interested.
I can understand her side, in a "Cry Wolf" sort of way. The difference for me is that I have never been with Jim during a quit attempt. So this is new to me. And so happy that this is a REAL quit. He is doing awesome! Thanks for encouraging him :)
The reason this site works is because of the support. When you have that support at home it just makes it all the more effective. Keep up the work.

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »

Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline kmm125

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement for me and for my fiancee :) I am reading all that I can so that I can be the best support person ever! I already told him that I forgive him in advance for all the times that he is going to be mean to me through this journey :) He is now 32 hours quit and I couldnt be more proud of him! Keep up the good fight everyone!!!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
KMM I want to personally thank you for being supportive of your man. You have done an incredible thing for his quit. You have solidified his chances to getting quit and staying quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Quote from: magnum9
Quote from: Notdeadyet
I am the fiancee of a January 2012 quitter.
I am so proud of him, and everyone on this site.
I feel as though I need this site almost as much as him.
I want to encourage him, and never nag him.
I want to encourage all of you.
I dont miss the smell and he's only been 20 hours quit.
I won't miss the fear associated with dipping.
I want him to feel normal, but I know it will take time.
I want him to embrace the fog so he will remember what it feels like.
I want him to have control over his life.
I want to live a long full life with him.
I cant wait to be the fiancee of a January 2012 Hall of Famer!!

kmm125-2 He said the fog has started, it will be a long day today as it will be his first full day!  Thank you to all of you for encouraging and loving him :)
Your role is pretty simple:

1) Tell him you are proud of him
2) Encourage him that he can do this no matter how tough it gets
3) Distract him with lots of sex
:D
In my case number 3 was instrumental in my quit. In fact 1 and 2 drove me nuts. I didn't even want to see my wife most times... Except for while number 3 was active. :P
You notdeadyet are a freaking genius. This may be the best piece of advice I have ever read.