Author Topic: Day 8  (Read 955 times)

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 8
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
mchorter,

I saw you posted roll. Congrats brother. Keep posting and let me know how i can help..

Buddy Mac
Buddy Mac

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Quote from: mcwhorter
I'm a 24 yr old Red Raider living in Dallas, TX. I've been dipping for about 6 years. I had been trying to quit for a while, but couldn't find motivation. So I scheduled a dentist appointment for the first time in 3 or 4 years. Sure enough, she gave me the extra little push I needed to quit with two simple words: "gum graft". Has anyone had this done?

So I think I'm through the hardest part. 'bang head' I had an eye-twitching :wacko: day 2 and PMS-like emotions on day 3. Then on day 4 I went to a work function and had some drinks and ended up bumming a cigarette. Somehow in my inebriation, I had the clarity to throw the cigarette away.

So I have been nicotine FREE since 4/18/2012. The most difficult part is with my job. I'm an engineer so I sit at my desk most of the day and think. I started dipping heavily right before I started engineering school, which means I've never had to engineer anything without dip. I'm hoping it doesn't expose my stupidity.

Any advice or wisdom is always welcome. My boss is trying to quit right now too. He, however, has chosen the nicorette route. Cold turkey is the only way for me, though.

Thanks y'all.
Go to the welcome center follow direction for posting roll. Roll call is absolutely essential, post early post daily. Without your daily quit you have nothing to prevent you from caving.

Gum grafts?? Hell yes I was a dipper! Grafts, tooth lose, constant sores, bad fuckin breath had it all.

Get the hell over to July and post support will begin!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Buddy
I'm a 24 yr old Red Raider living in Dallas, TX.  I've been dipping for about 6 years.  I had been trying to quit for a while, but couldn't find motivation.  So I scheduled a dentist appointment for the first time in 3 or 4 years.  Sure enough, she gave me the extra little push I needed to quit with two simple words: "gum graft".  Has anyone had this done?

So I think I'm through the hardest part.    'bang head' I had an eye-twitching  :wacko: day 2 and PMS-like emotions on day 3.  Then on day 4 I went to a work function and had some drinks and ended up bumming a cigarette.  Somehow in my inebriation, I had the clarity to throw the cigarette away.

So I have been nicotine FREE since 4/18/2012.  The most difficult part is with my job.  I'm an engineer so I sit at my desk most of the day and think.  I started dipping heavily right before I started engineering school, which means I've never had to engineer anything without dip.  I'm hoping it doesn't expose my stupidity.

Any advice or wisdom is always welcome.  My boss is trying to quit right now too.  He, however, has chosen the nicorette route.  Cold turkey is the only way for me, though.

Thanks y'all.
mcwhorter,

Congrats for you nic free this far. You can do this. This site helps if you use it. Buy into this site and its tools all the way.. Take your quit one hour, one day at a time. You can engineer without dip, you can do anything without dip.. Get up POST ROLL and own your QUIT... My name is Buddy Mac and I am part of July 2012, PM me and I will help you any way I can..... Go post roll and own it..

Buddy Mac
By the way if your quit date is 18 April, you will also be part of July 2012.
Go on there post roll and start getting numbers. If you post roll that is your promise for that day to all your brothers that you will be nic free for that day.
Buddy Mac

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
I'm a 24 yr old Red Raider living in Dallas, TX. I've been dipping for about 6 years. I had been trying to quit for a while, but couldn't find motivation. So I scheduled a dentist appointment for the first time in 3 or 4 years. Sure enough, she gave me the extra little push I needed to quit with two simple words: "gum graft". Has anyone had this done?

So I think I'm through the hardest part. 'bang head' I had an eye-twitching :wacko: day 2 and PMS-like emotions on day 3. Then on day 4 I went to a work function and had some drinks and ended up bumming a cigarette. Somehow in my inebriation, I had the clarity to throw the cigarette away.

So I have been nicotine FREE since 4/18/2012. The most difficult part is with my job. I'm an engineer so I sit at my desk most of the day and think. I started dipping heavily right before I started engineering school, which means I've never had to engineer anything without dip. I'm hoping it doesn't expose my stupidity.

Any advice or wisdom is always welcome. My boss is trying to quit right now too. He, however, has chosen the nicorette route. Cold turkey is the only way for me, though.

Thanks y'all.
mcwhorter,

Congrats for you nic free this far. You can do this. This site helps if you use it. Buy into this site and its tools all the way.. Take your quit one hour, one day at a time. You can engineer without dip, you can do anything without dip.. Get up POST ROLL and own your QUIT... My name is Buddy Mac and I am part of July 2012, PM me and I will help you any way I can..... Go post roll and own it..

Buddy Mac
Buddy Mac

Offline mcwhorter

Day 8
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »

Thanks y'all.