• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1669
Re: Intro
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »

Congrats my man, who would of thought we could have made it this far.

Proud to call you my brother.
Yeah man, proud to roll with you, to quit another day, to be free another day, to never be a slave again one day at a time.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 12:35:17 PM »

Congrats my man, who would of thought we could have made it this far.

Proud to call you my brother.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
Welcome to April my Brotha :)
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline gwhits

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
Thank you, RDB. I appreciate that!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
Welcome.

A Jan 15 quit date puts you in the April group. Follow this link to the April group.

I'm glad to hear that KTC has helped you in your quit, but trust me when I say that getting involved in your group, and posting roll daily takes it to a whle new level. I'm 755 days quit, and still lean on the accountability that posting my daily promise demands of me.

Offline gwhits

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
Good morning!

Up until Jan 15th of this year I had been dipping regularly, every day, for the last 15-16 years. Sure, I've had several times that I "stopped" using for 3 days here, 2 months there but it was only to start using again and seemed like more and more each time I started again.

I don't know exactly what it was this time that made me want to try and kick it again. Maybe it was that pain in my jaw, pain in my teeth? The extreme anxiety I had with the possibility of having something really wrong with me? The fact that I finally actually realized how freaking stupid it is/was or how much I was spending on it? Finally realizing the potential pain and suffering I am intentionally going to put my family thru if, God forbid, something was really wrong?

I can say it was one thing or the other, more like all of the above, but on January 15th 2018, I gave away my 3/4 full can of red seal natural fine cut, saying I was done for good.(Looking back now I wish I would have dumped that shit. I know it was so freakin stupid to basically help someone destroy their body.)

I have creeped this site for the last 30 days or so. I've done a lot of reading on about every single section you can, on this forum and on the KTC website. Even tho I have only been a creeper up until today, I have still gained a lot of knowledge and support over the last 30 days. I know I've seen several and I mean several people in here say it, but I didn't actually understand and realize how much of a brother/sisterhood this is until I read Todd Garcia's thread today. If that pull at you emotionally and put things into perspective, nothing will.

So I say all of that to say that I felt very selfish after all of these days and not posting my story or saying a word. Not much of a story I know, but if my few words might or will help someone else, who freakin cares.

So If you're out there like I was/am and afraid of what you might look like or sound like, suck it up because from everything I have seen you will get nothing but support here as long as you are honest about everything.

gwhits - 30 days quit