Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Day 1
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
Welcome Marvin  all the best to you as you start out here!

Offline Cole

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Welcome to KLC Marvin and way to go on your quit. I look forward to seeing you post in the December 2013 roll call and I will be right there quitting with you one day at a time.
Quit 09-04-13

My Intro

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
Nice decision today bro! Way to post roll for Day 1. You are quit! Focus on staying quit 1 day at a time. That is the key. You can do this! Quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Hello Mbyler. Welcome to the KTC quit train. I like to call it that because it is easy to get on the quit train , but it is a bitch to stay aboard at first. What matters around here is that you want to quit for you. As you may gather, most of the 16,000 boys and girls on this site are pretty hard core quitters that donÂ’t want to listen to your reasons, excuses or rationale for using nicotine. And they wonÂ’t listen no matter how hard you sugar coat it. What they will do is provide you with the tools to quit and help you along that rough patch of track. They will be there for you every step of the way to freedom. They will be there when you are hurting, when you are in the suck, when you feel like raging, venting or just talking to someone on the phone. Around here, we call that Brotherhood. Join us and you too will become a part of that select family of quitters. Put it off and the regrets will continue.

Joining us means you will do a few things. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the December 2013 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in December is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your party started brother. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
mb, congrats on seeing the light. You may have stopped smoking a few years back, but unfortunately you aren't addicted to smoking. You are addicted to nicotine - and you never really even took a break from that. So yea, this will be hard, but "can't stop" is not the kind of language we use. Here is an article on how to change your vocabulary.

Take you life back brother. I'm betting you have no idea of the extent to which nic
controls you. Read a bit on this site, and you'll begin to realize what I'm talking about. Read everything you can on this site, starting with the INTRODUCTION section. If you can abide by what it means to post roll, go ahead and do it. I'll be looking for your name on the rolls, and I'll be I'm damn happy to quit with you today!
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline mbyler

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Hello everyone, This is Day 1 for me, so I'll introduce myself, I'm Marvin and me and my wife live in northeast Indiana in the middle of a cornfield (love it), I was in the US Navy (Submarines) for 5 yrs, got out in Feb 2010. Anyways I started dipping 17 yrs ago, with some smoking along the way which I've stopped smoking for 2 yrs now, but can't stop dipping. So here I was last night with a lipper and online doing some searching when I came across this website, I read a couple stories on here and looked at some disgusting pictures(great motivators) and decided this was going to be my last lipper! Its hard and it will get worse before it gets any better but I'm ready to quit every day with the rest of you. I'm also ready to listen to anybody that is having problems with their quit, so anybody want a phone number or e-mail address, let me know.