Author Topic: Happy to be a Quitter!!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Happy to be a Quitter!!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Don
Quote from: Randall
Congrats Don!

My name is Randall. I am on day one of my quit. This is the third time I am attempting to quit, but the first time I am leaning on KTC for help. I am optimistic about this quit. It is not easy, but when the fog lifts, I will be a better man!
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Thumblewort
Every quit day is a win for us! Way to be killing this quit!
You guys keep me going. I just cleaned my car for the first time since the beginning of winter. Man I could have made two full cans of snuff from what was on my floor and under my seat. For years I have cleaned my car and never thought much about that mess - until tonight. I was actually grossed out from that mess! It's good to be in a car that is clean of that stuff...what were we thinking??!!
We weren't we are addicts. Addicts don't think they act on habits! I'm done with my habit but will always be an addict! Quit on Don it feels awesome!
Day 17 and still going! Got the weekend coming up - they are always tough because i have more time on my hands. But I will use some down time and read some of these awesome stories on the site. I appreciate all the people that are pulling for me and others. It's kind of strange but in a way my entire personality has changed - and not always for the good. I have noticed myself having a short fuse at times with others around me. Some things just irritate me. I am spending the next week or two working on thinking before I open my mouth. Have a great weekend everybody and let's all stay quit!!
Ok - Day 18 of my quit and having some serious cravings today. I won't cave but it almost feels like I'm in the fog all over again. And all I want to do is eat! I'm not obese - yet - but I will be if this keeps up. Anybody else experience these strong cravings around the same time of your quit?
Read, read every one on here does. It's another wonderful part of the suck! It's worth every damn second of it! Stay quit at all cost it goes away!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Don

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-25
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Randall
Congrats Don!

My name is Randall. I am on day one of my quit. This is the third time I am attempting to quit, but the first time I am leaning on KTC for help. I am optimistic about this quit. It is not easy, but when the fog lifts, I will be a better man!
You guys keep me going. I just cleaned my car for the first time since the beginning of winter. Man I could have made two full cans of snuff from what was on my floor and under my seat. For years I have cleaned my car and never thought much about that mess - until tonight. I was actually grossed out from that mess! It's good to be in a car that is clean of that stuff...what were we thinking??!!
We weren't we are addicts. Addicts don't think they act on habits! I'm done with my habit but will always be an addict! Quit on Don it feels awesome!
Day 17 and still going! Got the weekend coming up - they are always tough because i have more time on my hands. But I will use some down time and read some of these awesome stories on the site. I appreciate all the people that are pulling for me and others. It's kind of strange but in a way my entire personality has changed - and not always for the good. I have noticed myself having a short fuse at times with others around me. Some things just irritate me. I am spending the next week or two working on thinking before I open my mouth. Have a great weekend everybody and let's all stay quit!!
Ok - Day 18 of my quit and having some serious cravings today. I won't cave but it almost feels like I'm in the fog all over again. And all I want to do is eat! I'm not obese - yet - but I will be if this keeps up. Anybody else experience these strong cravings around the same time of your quit?

Offline randall

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/12/2015
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 06:27:00 PM »
Congrats Don!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Don, I'm liking what im reading. I like your attitude. I am quitting with you today.
Don that's what's great about this site you feel the rage coming on you come in here and let it go somebody will see it! Better in here than with family. The anger (rage) can come quickly and often try explaining to your loved ones what nic rage is definitely make things better if you can. Damn proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
Don, I'm liking what im reading. I like your attitude. I am quitting with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Don

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

Offline Don

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline gargoose

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-10
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Don, you are a bad ass! Let's kick this bitch in the teeth!

Offline corwinkb

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-07
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 12:22:00 AM »
Hey Dan glad to meet another Junebug! Don't let it take over your day we're all in this together and you are a tough motherfucker if you can make it a whole week! Lets get to quitting!
My Introduction Thread Click Here

My HOF Speech Click Here

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Hey everyone - my name is Don. For you future June HOF'ers, I'm the one who is totally illiterate when I'm posting roll. I think I already wrote an introduction but was emailed that it went into somebody else's personal intro. I assure you I am no dummy with computers...maybe its the fog or the out-of-body experience I had on days 2 and 3. Either way, I'm catching-on how to navigate through this site. So forgive me if you see one of my posts on your personal space. I mean nothing by it!

Where do I begin...I have been chewing for nearly 40 years, quitting only a few times. Like many (if not all) of you, I really LIKED chewing. But it took me a long time to realize that I don't like being controlled by my can...always making sure I had enough; trying to hide it; panicking when I had no place to carry it. Well I'm done with that - on my terms. Nobody told me to quit - I'm just sick of it and the person I became. I'm currently on day 6 and it is starting to become a little better. I like how things are done here...I can't promise for tomorrow but I will promise for today. I'm going to really give this everything I have.
Welcome Don,
My friend we all loved are dip! Remember those words ,come back after this battle you're gonna have with this nic bitch and tell me you still love her. I'm on day 65 quit! Dipped 38 years! I hate everything about dip! I missed alot of my kids lives thanks to her! My mind is clearing up! Short term memory coming back! My breathe don't smell like someone took a shit in my mouth while I was a sleep! I'm sorry I could go on and on but I think you get the picture! Better learn to hate her she's badass and you better stay ahead of her! Post roll EDD! ODAAT! I'm here edd! Pm call text let me help! If you need any
Pab speaks the truth. Stay quit ODAAT and come back to us in a few weeks with that "I like to dip" thought. I would like to see what you think because it is simply the nic bitch trick fucking you into thinking you like it when your body really hates it. Stay quit bro, we here at KTC are on your team. When you succeed at kicking a craving, we all succeed together. Never lay down your cash again to pay for the death and destruction that this shit deals us. We are better and stronger than that. Remember, some CEO somewhere is counting on your weakness for his wealth. Take that poisonous weed and shove it up his fat ass. We don't need his addictive weed, we don't want to pay for his lavish lifestyle, we don't need to waste our hard earned money and our health just so we can get a fix and he can get a new car. Screw him, lets make him eat that can of shit by not purchasing it. Let's keep that 5 bucks in our pocket and buy our grandkids or kids some ice cream. I know it's hard, I know the cravings but when you dig in and make the decision you are never doing that shit again, and then you get on here and get the support we all need, you can win. YOU CAN WIN. I'm on your team. Let's kick some ass.

Mogul
It has now been 15 days since my last chew and it does feel incredible. I feel more in control of my life without the can. Mogul, Pabs, Rawls, and everyone else who posted were rightÂ…give this a few weeks and things are different. It wasn't an easy two weeks but I'm glad that is behind me. I look forward with quitting with you all each day. You are all an inspiration to me. Never thought I'd have made it 1/2 of a month!
Don let's do this! You are gonna be in same boat as alot of us older guy's trying to figure out what's suppose to be normal. Just wait till your mind starts clearing up and you can actually remember what you went to refrigerator to get out. Lol! Really it is amazing! I lost so much, well might as well say my whole life to this nasty ass habit, so I plan on using every extra second dip free doing things I love not chasing down my next fix! This shit is the hardest thing I've ever done but it is by far the best thing I've ever done in my life! Life without dip damn that sounds great! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend! ODAAT! EDD! Pm me if you need number

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Hi I've been looking around intros lately and yours stands out (not that others don't) 40 years you've been wasting your money and risking your life. 15 days without it. That's huge you're on the right path, you're on the glory road and you won't regret it. Stay quit, pm me soon. Best of luck

Offline Don

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:29:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
Hey everyone - my name is Don. For you future June HOF'ers, I'm the one who is totally illiterate when I'm posting roll. I think I already wrote an introduction but was emailed that it went into somebody else's personal intro. I assure you I am no dummy with computers...maybe its the fog or the out-of-body experience I had on days 2 and 3. Either way, I'm catching-on how to navigate through this site. So forgive me if you see one of my posts on your personal space. I mean nothing by it!

Where do I begin...I have been chewing for nearly 40 years, quitting only a few times. Like many (if not all) of you, I really LIKED chewing. But it took me a long time to realize that I don't like being controlled by my can...always making sure I had enough; trying to hide it; panicking when I had no place to carry it. Well I'm done with that - on my terms. Nobody told me to quit - I'm just sick of it and the person I became. I'm currently on day 6 and it is starting to become a little better. I like how things are done here...I can't promise for tomorrow but I will promise for today. I'm going to really give this everything I have.
Welcome Don,
My friend we all loved are dip! Remember those words ,come back after this battle you're gonna have with this nic bitch and tell me you still love her. I'm on day 65 quit! Dipped 38 years! I hate everything about dip! I missed alot of my kids lives thanks to her! My mind is clearing up! Short term memory coming back! My breathe don't smell like someone took a shit in my mouth while I was a sleep! I'm sorry I could go on and on but I think you get the picture! Better learn to hate her she's badass and you better stay ahead of her! Post roll EDD! ODAAT! I'm here edd! Pm call text let me help! If you need any
Pab speaks the truth. Stay quit ODAAT and come back to us in a few weeks with that "I like to dip" thought. I would like to see what you think because it is simply the nic bitch trick fucking you into thinking you like it when your body really hates it. Stay quit bro, we here at KTC are on your team. When you succeed at kicking a craving, we all succeed together. Never lay down your cash again to pay for the death and destruction that this shit deals us. We are better and stronger than that. Remember, some CEO somewhere is counting on your weakness for his wealth. Take that poisonous weed and shove it up his fat ass. We don't need his addictive weed, we don't want to pay for his lavish lifestyle, we don't need to waste our hard earned money and our health just so we can get a fix and he can get a new car. Screw him, lets make him eat that can of shit by not purchasing it. Let's keep that 5 bucks in our pocket and buy our grandkids or kids some ice cream. I know it's hard, I know the cravings but when you dig in and make the decision you are never doing that shit again, and then you get on here and get the support we all need, you can win. YOU CAN WIN. I'm on your team. Let's kick some ass.

Mogul
It has now been 15 days since my last chew and it does feel incredible. I feel more in control of my life without the can. Mogul, Pabs, Rawls, and everyone else who posted were rightÂ…give this a few weeks and things are different. It wasn't an easy two weeks but I'm glad that is behind me. I look forward with quitting with you all each day. You are all an inspiration to me. Never thought I'd have made it 1/2 of a month!

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:53:00 AM »

Welcome Don,

Mogul