Author Topic: Day one  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: New Life
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hey Kyle,
Welcome to the site. I'll just say this up front, odds are against you bud. Young guys usually fail 98% of the time; layer on top of that you're a baseball player. Are you going to be another statistic?

My advice would be to dive into your quit head first, 110%. Post roll every day, get involved - post on intros, get numbers, make friends. In other words build yourself a foundation of accountability, people you can rely on to talk you off the edge.

Lastly, I'll say this. There is NO reason for dipping, but there are a million reasons for quitting and the first reason is for you.
Not to throw rocks at you Kyle but Steak is right, the odds are against you.

But you can beat the odds.

I'm 50 now. Been dipping since I was 14. I attempted to quit when I was about your age. I made it several months on my own. At that point I can remember thinking, " this quitting is doable, I think I'll do it later. I've got years of life ahead of me to quit."

What I didn't know was that the longer I dipped each time I have tried to quit it keeps getting harder and harder to quit. I have become more and more addicted through the years.

Get in here and get quit! Kick this thing in the ass while it's still early. Don't do what so many of the rest of us have done.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
Hey Kyle,
Welcome to the site. I'll just say this up front, odds are against you bud. Young guys usually fail 98% of the time; layer on top of that you're a baseball player. Are you going to be another statistic?

My advice would be to dive into your quit head first, 110%. Post roll every day, get involved - post on intros, get numbers, make friends. In other words build yourself a foundation of accountability, people you can rely on to talk you off the edge.

Lastly, I'll say this. There is NO reason for dipping, but there are a million reasons for quitting and the first reason is for you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline KillTheCamel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-06-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »
Hi Kyle,

Welcome and post your promise in October every day. I'm at 23 days and if you work the program it does get better. Weeks 1 and 2 were really really hard for me.

Quit with you today.
I serve a Big God who has blessed me beyond measure.. He has shown me more grace than anyone deserves, if I look good or right it is only him in me..

Offline kgallagher93

• Quit Date: 2016-06-27
  • Interests: I'm a college senior who has had a problem since 2011. I started junior year of highschool on the baseball field.
New Life
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 08:29:00 PM »
My name is Kyle I have been dipping since 2011. I tried quitting on my own and couldn't I slowed down dramatically but today is the day I'm done. I'm very excited and nervous and wanna be done forever. I started when I was 15 and I am now 22. Being a baseball player my entire life has contributed to my addiction. There is always a time to dip. I dip when bored, driving, after each meal, before bed, when I first wake up, when I'm in class...etc. Point is there we're a million reasons to dip and this is the first action I'm taking to quitting.

Day one
"addiction keeps the cause of his death from being a total surprise" -Chuck Palahniuk

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
Re: Day one
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »
What gives?

You stopped for a few days and counted that as a win?

Come back when you really want to quit. We'll be here.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
let me guess, he didn't swap numbers with anyone. Crying shame. Have we blown up his Inbox as well as his email?
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
WHERE ARE YOU?????

Please tell me you didn't cave? I have to assume you did, since you haven't posted your promise in a couple of days. If that is the case... what a shame.... you were almost through the physical withdrawal part. Damn.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
Only one intro per quitter! Can a mod please merge?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 07:12:00 AM »
Quote from: BaseballBrett
Congrats on making a great decision. You should read KingNothing's hall of fame speech, because it sounds like it will really resonate with you (see the signature below). The first weeks suck, so get through it and fight every urge. Keep your word every 24 hours. Once you stop being a slave to the nic bitch, you will gain your freedom, and it does taste good.
Kyle - congratulations on taking the big step and posting roll. Do it each morning when you wake up. Since you are a man of integrity - you'll keep your word. This plan works, and you are part of a community of winners.

Today I quit with you.

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:16:00 PM »
Congrats on making a great decision. You should read KingNothing's hall of fame speech, because it sounds like it will really resonate with you (see the signature below). The first weeks suck, so get through it and fight every urge. Keep your word every 24 hours. Once you stop being a slave to the nic bitch, you will gain your freedom, and it does taste good.

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: kgallagher93
My name is Kyle I have been dipping since 2011. I tried quitting on my own and couldn't I slowed down dramatically but today is the day I'm done. I'm very excited and nervous and wanna be done forever. I started when I was 15 and I am now 22. Being a baseball player my entire life has contributed to my addiction. There is always a time to dip. I dip when bored, driving, after each meal, before bed, when I first wake up, when I'm in class...etc. Point is there we're a million reasons to dip and this is the first action I'm taking to quitting.

Day one
"addiction keeps the cause of his death from being a total surprise" -Chuck Palahniuk
I think you've realized the most important part. This is not a habit. This is an ADDICTION! You are a nasty little drug addict. But guess what? There are 27,388 other registered nasty little addicts on this page. Not all are making it (I'd love to see a number on that) but there are THOUSANDS here that have made it. Get to your quit group and post roll. EVERY DAMN DAY. Check your inbox, the digits will start to roll in. When you feel the Nic-Bitch trying to cuddle with you text somebody. You have thousands of brothers here that are wanting to see you succeed. (And maybe get some tickets when you go pro lol).

Seriously thought. I quit you today. No Day but Today
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
Post roll and get your freedom back. Be quit at 22, what a gift! I didn't even start until I was 27, be a much smarter person then I was!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:27:00 AM »
Quote from: KingNothing

Day one
Welcome Kyle. Go to the Welcome Center and start reading about the ins and outs and what makes this place successful. Tons of baseball players in here and anybody worth their salt can now definitively tell you that dip did not help them play ball any better. All it did for them (and you) was keep you addicted so that you continuously packed thousands of chemicals in your pie hole every day. Time to take back that young life of yours. Do it now, you never know if that next dip is the one that starts the cancer in your body.
^^^ this guy knows what he is talking about he knows how to quit.

Like you, I tried alone for years. Unlike you, I was foolish enough to let the years turn into decades. Here, I joined a quit group and went all in. Traded numbers with brothers (and a sister) that are fighting the same demon and feeling the same struggles I was. Together we propped each other up when we were down, and absolutely refused to let each other down. Today I posted 1,283 days, and haven't missed a day of posting my number.

Like King, I know how to quit. Follow the recipe my friend, you'll never regret this decision. If you'd like a number for accountability, let me know. This is the best decision of your life.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »

Day one
Welcome Kyle. Go to the Welcome Center and start reading about the ins and outs and what makes this place successful. Tons of baseball players in here and anybody worth their salt can now definitively tell you that dip did not help them play ball any better. All it did for them (and you) was keep you addicted so that you continuously packed thousands of chemicals in your pie hole every day. Time to take back that young life of yours. Do it now, you never know if that next dip is the one that starts the cancer in your body.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline kgallagher93

• Quit Date: 2016-06-27
  • Interests: I'm a college senior who has had a problem since 2011. I started junior year of highschool on the baseball field.
Day one
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »

Day one