Author Topic: Day 1, this will be the last quit  (Read 1231 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Day 1, this will be the last quit
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »
Welcome. Nice job posting roll. Get to know the guys in your group, and trade some digits.

Offline thegreatwhitef250

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-02-20
  • Interests: Industrial coatings equipment field engineer, specializing in polyurea and foam coatings, 2k equipmentPlay guitar, fish, hunt, woodworking, leathercraft.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 05:38:00 PM »
Quote from: JGromo
Quote from: thegreatwhitef250
Hey guys, I'm quitting today for myself and my family. I've been dipping for 11 long years. The worst part is, I love chewing.
Why do you love it?
I mean besides the obvious that your brain is addicted to the chemicals that it gives you making you feel like you need it. But what about it makes you love it?
Ive actually quit 4-5 different times. To me its tightening up that pack when I'm concentrating on a problem to solve mostly, Because thats what I do, I'm a field engineer in the coatings industry.
It's really not the nicotine that helps with that, if you want that mouth feel for those first few days smokey mountain has a pretty good replica. That way you can play with it while you are concentrating it might help this quit be more successful.

*edit* or hell first few months. I keep a can of fake shit on me at all times. And now that I think about it if you really want some help concentrating grinds actually gives you a boost of caffeine. Though not really the same mouth feel its just a pouch.
Red seal was my brand, I have ordered a few cans of baccoff rough cut to help stave off some of the side effects. Thinking about trying that nip. I cant do the smokey mountain bc it goes everywhere when I try to use it, next thing i know im coughing up a lung trying to get it out of my throat. Thank you for the advice, and support
"In the land of predators, A lion never fears the jackal"- Dexter Morgan

HOF May 30, 2018

Angry Zombies of May '18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Industrial coatings equipment field engineer, specializing in polyurea and foam coatings, 2k equipmentPlay guitar, fish, hunt, woodworking, leathercraft.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Hey guys, I'm quitting today for myself and my family. I've been dipping for 11 long years. The worst part is, I love chewing.
Why do you love it?
I mean besides the obvious that your brain is addicted to the chemicals that it gives you making you feel like you need it. But what about it makes you love it?
Ive actually quit 4-5 different times. To me its tightening up that pack when I'm concentrating on a problem to solve mostly, Because thats what I do, I'm a field engineer in the coatings industry.
here is where your mind set is wrong...

you have stopped before....not quit as quit is permanent.

And concentration has really nothing to do with whether we feed ourself a chemical or not.

So if you want to quit, then make it so. Do NOT TRY.....as if you try you can fail. but if YOU DO....then there is no option in that to be able to fail as you just do.

now take the other advice as well, as you will receive much, but this is the base of what you need in your mind. that this is a cut dry decision to get it out and keep it out of your life....

and as we have done it, you can to do it as well. SO DO IT.
As the title says, This is my last quit, or in your terms my first quit, either way this is it, day 1 of the rest of my life. Ive been lurking the kill the can website for a little over a year and decided to pull the trigger last night and blew up my last can with a 12ga to drive the point home to myself and my family, and now to you guys on here, after joining and seeing how supportive everyone is here, there is no way I can fail this time.

HOF May 30, 2018

Angry Zombies of May '18

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:32:00 PM »
Why do you love it?
It's really not the nicotine that helps with that, if you want that mouth feel for those first few days smokey mountain has a pretty good replica. That way you can play with it while you are concentrating it might help this quit be more successful.

*edit* or hell first few months. I keep a can of fake shit on me at all times. And now that I think about it if you really want some help concentrating grinds actually gives you a boost of caffeine. Though not really the same mouth feel its just a pouch.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »
Why do you love it?
here is where your mind set is wrong...

you have stopped before....not quit as quit is permanent.

And concentration has really nothing to do with whether we feed ourself a chemical or not.

So if you want to quit, then make it so. Do NOT TRY.....as if you try you can fail. but if YOU DO....then there is no option in that to be able to fail as you just do.

now take the other advice as well, as you will receive much, but this is the base of what you need in your mind. that this is a cut dry decision to get it out and keep it out of your life....

and as we have done it, you can to do it as well. SO DO IT.

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
Why do you love it?

HOF May 30, 2018

Angry Zombies of May '18

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »
Why do you love it?

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
Why do you love it?

• Quitter
Day 1, this will be the last quit
« on: February 20, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »

HOF May 30, 2018

Angry Zombies of May '18