Author Topic: First day of the Quit  (Read 794 times)

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: First day of the Quit
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Dear chad1024,

Glad to see you here. I see you posted roll, day 1. Get used to posting roll when you roll out of bed...the earlier the better.
Keep your word all day, get to sleep, wake up and REPEAT!
Make this your first and last quit. Do not be decieved that you are stopping, you are quitting, ONE day at a TIME. We all do it the same way. Noone is a special butterfly!
Lotta guys get it in there heads about reaching 100 daze and feel like they have arrived somewhere....they have only arrived at TODAY all over again.
Make sure you understand that you are an addict of nicotine for the rest of your breathing days.
You can quit each TODAY, just like you did TODAY.
Don't worry about the past, it is gone.
Don't worry about the tomorrows, they are not real.
Focus on the present, as it is a gift!
I quit with you today and I will be watching to see you post roll each day. 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Congratulations on taking your life back. The first few days are rough but it does get better. Just take it one day at a time and post roll every single day. If you need anything at all or just someone to vent to all you have to do is pm me. I'm always available.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: chad1024
My first day. I'm a newbie so not sure how all of this works. What I am sure of is that I don't want to be a slave to Skoal anymore!
Take a look at this link here and it should pretty much explain what this site is about and what we do.

Basically, we promise each morning not to use nicotine.

We keep our promises by treading the same path of those before us. Our names and faces might be different, but our battle is the same. We are all addicts. We find strength in each other because this is the hardest thing to do some days.

When the day is over, we repeat.

It's simple, but it's not easy sometimes.

You are in the January 2013 group (which is 100 days from now). The group is called that because that is when you are a hall of fame quitter. It also assures you that everyone in your group is going through the same shit you are and will in these first few days.

If you need anything, holler. There's plenty of us that are more than willing to offer a helping hand.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline chad1024

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
First day of the Quit
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
My first day. I'm a newbie so not sure how all of this works. What I am sure of is that I don't want to be a slave to Skoal anymore!