Author Topic: Break of Day  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Break of Day
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: pab1964
There will be many more trials and temptations. The key is give your word daily and keep it. We are here with you on your journey. Enjoy your ride, it has many ups and downs but in the end you keep your word, yu and your family reap the rewards! Quit on!
Keep at it, one day at a time. The only challenge here is keeping your word.
Pretty sure we need an update on the deer, success?

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
There will be many more trials and temptations. The key is give your word daily and keep it. We are here with you on your journey. Enjoy your ride, it has many ups and downs but in the end you keep your word, yu and your family reap the rewards! Quit on!
Keep at it, one day at a time. The only challenge here is keeping your word.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline daneman2009

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 27th 2018
  • Interests: Hockey, sleeping, overtime.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
Great read. Stay quit! Sitting in a tree stand without dip sucks I know. But its well worth the suck!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
Glad to read this-- keep it coming!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:43:00 AM »
I smile because I know this will be my third hunting season without nicotine. That means a happier healthier wealthier hunter. I can buy more toys and bring my dentist hunting. Keep quitting brother, it's more than worth it.

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-22
  • Likes Given: 0
Break of Day
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:57:00 AM »
So here I sit in the dark waiting for legal hunting hours, seems like a good time to put an intro up. I have not had a Dip in 6 days after a 10 year can a day habit. I was using Nicotine lozenges until yeasterday.
I am quiting because I am tired, tired of always checking for my can, tired of driving 15 min out of the way to buy a can, tired of cleaning up spilled spitters in my car, tired of arguing with the dentist, tired of trying to hide daddy's stuff from my two Special Needs children, tired of lying and arguing with my wife about dipping. I am tired of a small gold tin controlling my life.

Only a few more minutes to wait and I have made it through the test that had me most worried, sitting in a dark silent blind all by myself with no dip. i can hear the feeders going off. I will add more later.