Author Topic: Break of Day  (Read 1565 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Break of Day
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: ctncpo
It's a bad start to the weekend I missed a 6.5 yr old 11 PT@13 yards, I wasn't paying attention and hit one of my blind supports deflected the arrow way off course. I have been chasing this guy for 3 years, this the first time I have ever seen him from a stand. I think I went through about half a tin of Smokey Mountain trying to calm down. I am glad I was a 30 min hike from my car and another 30 min drive to get anywhere.

Hopefully I have better luck in my afternoon stand, the Rut has definitely started.
Sounds like a little buck fever! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-22
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
It's a bad start to the weekend I missed a 6.5 yr old 11 PT@13 yards, I wasn't paying attention and hit one of my blind supports deflected the arrow way off course. I have been chasing this guy for 3 years, this the first time I have ever seen him from a stand. I think I went through about half a tin of Smokey Mountain trying to calm down. I am glad I was a 30 min hike from my car and another 30 min drive to get anywhere.

Hopefully I have better luck in my afternoon stand, the Rut has definitely started.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 09:06:00 PM »
Day 7, One week of Quit, this is the longest my body has gone with out Nicotine in 14 years. This week has been interesting in some ways easier than I expected, but in others much harder than I thought. This community has been the biggest surprise, didn't realize how much I was depending on this group until I had a dream last night that I was unable to get on here and post my roll, let me tell you I will be here EDD, I felt terrible and lost thinking I had missed roll.

I start 2 weeks off work today,lots of time for hunting and fishing, but also a few events will cause me some stress, Next week we are meeting with my son's school to start his IEP process we have been fighting the school for the last 4 months to get to this point so I am praying that it all goes well. Then on the 8th my Wife is going to have an elective surgery, its a minor procedure but it will still generate a lot of stress for me. I guess though all I can really worry about now is today and worry about tomorrow when it is today.
Prayers for you and your family. ODAAT my friend, that's what we do here!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
Day 7, One week of Quit, this is the longest my body has gone with out Nicotine in 14 years. This week has been interesting in some ways easier than I expected, but in others much harder than I thought. This community has been the biggest surprise, didn't realize how much I was depending on this group until I had a dream last night that I was unable to get on here and post my roll, let me tell you I will be here EDD, I felt terrible and lost thinking I had missed roll.

I start 2 weeks off work today,lots of time for hunting and fishing, but also a few events will cause me some stress, Next week we are meeting with my son's school to start his IEP process we have been fighting the school for the last 4 months to get to this point so I am praying that it all goes well. Then on the 8th my Wife is going to have an elective surgery, its a minor procedure but it will still generate a lot of stress for me. I guess though all I can really worry about now is today and worry about tomorrow when it is today.

Offline Rampant

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-31
  • Interests: Computer Gaming, Networking, Sports, Programing
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Rampant
Today has been interesting, I have only had a few craves, but I have felt terrible all day. Definitely the worst day of my quit so far.

On the good side I picked up my Bow and spent a couple hours slinging arrows on the 3D course. I also spent a little time shooting one of the new PSE carbon airs. I am pretty impressed with how they shoot, but not enough to give up my Hoyt's.
Hang in man. I am a no bullshit kind of guy so I will give it to your straight there are still a lot of rough days ahead, but what can we expect after ingesting that poison for so long? However, it is going to keep getting better and better after we can get out of the "suck". Make sure you get on that roll early and honor your word, sounds simple but some people don't really take it serious enough for it to work. Make sure you buy into this site all the way and before you know it you will be hitting the HOF and beyond.

I am still using a Bear Truth 2 70lb, I can drill targets all day with the damn thing. I have shot other bows and think I will upgrade next year, what kind of Hoyt you shooting?
Thanks for the advice, yesterday was more of what I expected with my quit, the first couple days were much easier than I was expecting, i just makes it clear to me all I can worry about is one day at a time.

My Primary bow is a Carbon Spyder 34, my backup is a Charger, then if all SHTF I have an Athens Solace and a couple of knock off xbows.
First off, great damn job of getting on roll first thing this morning 5AM, that is a true sign of a dedicated BAQ!

Secondly, I have shot a buddy of mine Spyder and it was a smooth shooting bow I thought it was pretty nice. I haven't dealt with any of the others I have a Mathews and my friends call me crazy because I use my Bear as my main bow, but I just love the thing and I am dead accurate out to about 65 yards with it. What more do ya need? 'winker'

See you on roll again in the morning and we will beat this addiction together one damn day at a time. Keep up the QUIT!
?If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.?
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
rampninja
?Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one?
My Quit Group: Click Here The Best Spreadsheet: Click Here

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Rampant
Today has been interesting, I have only had a few craves, but I have felt terrible all day. Definitely the worst day of my quit so far.

On the good side I picked up my Bow and spent a couple hours slinging arrows on the 3D course. I also spent a little time shooting one of the new PSE carbon airs. I am pretty impressed with how they shoot, but not enough to give up my Hoyt's.
Hang in man. I am a no bullshit kind of guy so I will give it to your straight there are still a lot of rough days ahead, but what can we expect after ingesting that poison for so long? However, it is going to keep getting better and better after we can get out of the "suck". Make sure you get on that roll early and honor your word, sounds simple but some people don't really take it serious enough for it to work. Make sure you buy into this site all the way and before you know it you will be hitting the HOF and beyond.

I am still using a Bear Truth 2 70lb, I can drill targets all day with the damn thing. I have shot other bows and think I will upgrade next year, what kind of Hoyt you shooting?
Thanks for the advice, yesterday was more of what I expected with my quit, the first couple days were much easier than I was expecting, i just makes it clear to me all I can worry about is one day at a time.

My Primary bow is a Carbon Spyder 34, my backup is a Charger, then if all SHTF I have an Athens Solace and a couple of knock off xbows.

Offline Rampant

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-31
  • Interests: Computer Gaming, Networking, Sports, Programing
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 02:08:00 AM »

?If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.?
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
rampninja
?Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one?
My Quit Group: Click Here The Best Spreadsheet: Click Here

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Today has been pretty good, a little cranky and I'm still not really sleeping but I feel a lot better than the lasts couple days.

My bow was not ready yet, so I decided to take my oldest son fishing, we only caught a couple bluegill but he had a blast and thats what really .

I don't think have talked about it yet, but I have 2 boys(35) both of them are diagnosed with Autism, my Oldest started school this year and we are learning how the school system and IEPs work. My youngest is still non-verbal so are starting to work with him on alternate communication methods. They keep my life interesting.

In other news we have World Series baseball to watch unfortunately my Royals are not playing this year. After watching Zobrist last year, I have to root for the Cubs in this one.

I hope everyone else had a great day.
Your doing great my friend. You're a great man for quitting dip and realizing that your kids need there daddy. All my kids are grown now but I still remember smiles on there beautiful little faces, priceless! Quit on!
Great start ctncpo.
I named my son Hunter.
We pull lots of triggers.
Let hunting and kids replace the chains.
Every day it gets better.
Stick it..... ODAAT.
I quit with you and your boys today!
Rawls 707
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »
Today has been pretty good, a little cranky and I'm still not really sleeping but I feel a lot better than the lasts couple days.

My bow was not ready yet, so I decided to take my oldest son fishing, we only caught a couple bluegill but he had a blast and thats what really .

I don't think have talked about it yet, but I have 2 boys(35) both of them are diagnosed with Autism, my Oldest started school this year and we are learning how the school system and IEPs work. My youngest is still non-verbal so are starting to work with him on alternate communication methods. They keep my life interesting.

In other news we have World Series baseball to watch unfortunately my Royals are not playing this year. After watching Zobrist last year, I have to root for the Cubs in this one.

Your doing great my friend. You're a great man for quitting dip and realizing that your kids need there daddy. All my kids are grown now but I still remember smiles on there beautiful little faces, priceless! Quit on!

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and quittin everday...
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »
Hunting Trip was unsuccessful, its still a little to early for the bucks to be out, but on the plus side I had 15 doe with in 15 yards, so in the next couple of weeks in hoping a big old Buck decides to wonder by.

Today was my first day back to work dip free, It was a lot more difficult than I expected, I am pretty sure I used at least 20 of the Grinds pouches and more sun flower seeds than I thought possible. This afternoon the fog has been pretty bad and I am hoping that I can sleep better tonight.

I am looking forward to tomorrow I am skipping out of work early to pick up my backup bow, I had to get the strings and cables replaced, of course that means I get to spend a couple hours shooting. Thats all I have for tonight.
Use your passion for the outdoors to help you through these hard times, there is a silver lining coming your way.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
Hunting Trip was unsuccessful, its still a little to early for the bucks to be out, but on the plus side I had 15 doe with in 15 yards, so in the next couple of weeks in hoping a big old Buck decides to wonder by.

Today was my first day back to work dip free, It was a lot more difficult than I expected, I am pretty sure I used at least 20 of the Grinds pouches and more sun flower seeds than I thought possible. This afternoon the fog has been pretty bad and I am hoping that I can sleep better tonight.

I am looking forward to tomorrow I am skipping out of work early to pick up my backup bow, I had to get the strings and cables replaced, of course that means I get to spend a couple hours shooting. Thats all I have for tonight.
My friend you have some very strong quitters on here giving you advice, take it and use it. I suggest you start pm for numbers and you can never have to many!

Offline ctncpo

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »
Just remember it's not a habit but an addiction. Habits can be cured.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.